+ Reply to Thread
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not feeling pregnant.

Im 11 weeks today and I don't feel pregnant. I have a bad feeling. I havnt been able to find the heart beat with my Doppler (been trying since 9 weeks) it's a cheap one but I thought I might of heard it by now. Iv been getting these weird burning cramp things and I don't remember having them with my other 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can you go for a check up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pregnancy can be such a scary and worrying time! Dont worry about not finding the heartbeat with the doppler yet. I had a midwife app at 14 weeks and she said they dont like to try and find it until later on because its quite difficult to find it so early on and it usually ends up freaking out and stressing the mum to be. Some people can hear the heart beat from a doppler early but many women dont, try not to stress Do you have an ob? Could you ring or organise an appointment to discuss your worries? Its hard I know, I didnt have a blood test, ultrasound or heart beat check until I was 20 wks at the morph scan so I know how stressful it is

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 02-08-2012 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You won't be able to find a hb with a doppler for quite a while yet...it's too soon.

Also, don't over do it with the doppler, they usually come with warnings about not to use them often or for too long.

Are you having a 12 weeks scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree dopplers are not reliable at that stage of pregnancy.
    I think it is best you go get a scan just to put your mind at rest, i would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with Purple Lily. I couldn't find the heartbeat for ages either. If you still want to try, have a look at youtube for where other women find the bubs heartbeat at early gestation, as I was in the completely wrong place lol. But hang in there, every baby and every pregnancy is different and you must be going for your u/s soon?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to the doc today to get a referral for a us I don't start seeing my midwifes till I'm 15 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    just get the doc to listen out with their doppler..