+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ds2 never went in a pram; I didn't even own one. It wasn't until he was at least 18 months old when occasionally he would go in a little umbrella stroller, this increased as he got to 2yo++. I carried him everywhere and LOVED it.
    As for the nappy bag, I just made sure I got a nice one, one that didn't look 'mumsy', so that I could carry that all the time too and it kinda looked like an oversized handbag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmy2b View Post
    Also if your gonna have more than one bub with a closeish age gap you'll probably want to wear new bub and may still need a pram for older baby?
    agree, this is what i do currently. also there are definately times its helpful to contain a curious toddler whilst wearing the baby.. or as a pp said, for others to walk the bub.

also i have a ktan sling and love it! use it all the time as its so comfy and easy to use. it will need to be upgraded to a more structured carrier when they get bigger though. i carried DD2 in it until about 6/7 months, then into a stroller. her baby brother is a bigger bub so i might not get that far and am looking at buying an ergo.

realised havent answered question.. i think yes, a stroller (rather than a fancy pram) is useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I pondered this when I was preg with DS. I had him and was armed with wraps, slings and my ergo.

He was, from day ONE an independent little so and so. haha. Would scream hysterically being worn in any way shape or form, from day three went into his own bed *sob* and has let me cuddle him approx 5 times. Ever. He is two next week.

My ideas of co sleeping and baby wearing were fast put to rest. (I did manage to feed him until 12 months though, he wasn't winning that battle haha)

So unlike most parents I know whos prams gather dust in the garage while their little people are carried or walk, my wraps have been pulled out every few months just in case he will let me, but don't even get a look in!!

So out I went and spent a fortune on my pram. Well, two, the phil and teds for walking and the bugaboo bee for shopping. He walks a lot now but still uses them

I am crossing EVERYTHING this new bebe will be into hanging out with me a little more haha. I hopefully wont need a double pram!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    I pondered this when I was preg with DS. I had him and was armed with wraps, slings and my ergo.

He was, from day ONE an independent little so and so. haha. Would scream hysterically being worn in any way shape or form, from day three went into his own bed *sob* and has let me cuddle him approx 5 times. Ever. He is two next week.

My ideas of co sleeping and baby wearing were fast put to rest. (I did manage to feed him until 12 months though, he wasn't winning that battle haha)

So unlike most parents I know whos prams gather dust in the garage while their little people are carried or walk, my wraps have been pulled out every few months just in case he will let me, but don't even get a look in!!

So out I went and spent a fortune on my pram. Well, two, the phil and teds for walking and the bugaboo bee for shopping. He walks a lot now but still uses them

I am crossing EVERYTHING this new bebe will be into hanging out with me a little more haha. I hopefully wont need a double pram!!!
    I would be so devo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I brought a pram but DD didn't actually start using it till 2. I did use it a few times to store my stuff while carrying DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your replies I really appreciate it. It seems its varied with every bub (of course!) so I'm going to start out with a lightweight stroller under $200 and go from there!

Theres actually one in the BIG W catalogue which is similar in style to the Stokke, bub is up quite high. But has a basket underneath, so I might try that

Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS hated the wrap until about 5-6 months old, by which stage he was too heavy to wear for long periods -both DH and I have bad backs.

I've also used the pram to rock him to sleep many many times and his grandparents still do when he goes there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I would be so devo
    lol, devo is an understatement. Everyone ALWAYS says to me how lucky I am, in that I don't have to help him get to sleep (I put him in bed and walk out of the room...), that I don't have a 'clingy' kid etc. I find it very upsetting he doesn't need me at all. I have rocked him to sleep a few times, when he was sick around 7 months old, but he was screaming in the cot on his own OR in my arms so I thought bugger it haha. That's it though! It makes me very sad I never get cuddles or affection.

As I said, I have high hopes for this one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Pram required??

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Ahh I felt like a pack horse with my first but things have always been much lighter with dd as she is breastfed- less nappies, no formula req and she silently refluxes

In a galaxy far far away....
    This lol I packed the whe nursery for dd1, dd2 I have a small nappy bag that I just brought to fit in two MCNs wipes and change mat and wet bag. Goes over my shoulder to be easy carting whilst wearing her. If I can I leave it in the car. But there is a good pocket bit for my phone and wallet. When she was a newbie I used to just take her newborn MCNs and some wipes in the dry section of the wet/dry bag and clip it on to my handbag.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pram required??

Well DD is 6 weeks and we haven't got a pram yet! We haven't really needed it to be honest, we just wear her a lot. I wouldn't mind getting one but she's a snuggler so unsure how she would go in one anyway!