Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe look at a city mini ? Cheaper and folds down great

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would a pram that has bub facing mum suit the attachment parenting ideals more?
    If so, the Phil n teds smart could be one you might like to check out. I bought mine for 220, and the seat flips around. I love that my bub can see me and I can interact with her while shopping she won't stay in the ergo for more than 1/2 an hour, so the pram is a must for us. I also had her in the Qld summer, so she would get so hot and sweaty in the ergo.
    The smart folds down easily also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't forget it's not just baby - spare nappies bum wipes change clothes nappy sacks dummies bum cream ... The list goes on forever of the stuff you take everywhere with you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Gosh do you really take that much out in your bag? I take 2 nappies, wipes in a resealable lunch bag thingy and smelly sacks. If I need more than that I leave it in the car!

In a galaxy far far away....
    My kids are bigger now I can get by with 2 nappies travel bum wipes packet dummies and the snacks ... I am constantly finding half eaten muesli bars in my hand bag!!!! My kids are close in age and dd has reflux even now I always have a couple of changes of clothes in the car for her (she is 2 1/2) buy when they were both little I needed a donkey for everything I had to take ... I didn't even add the bibs formula bottles water argh ... I feel crazy for going back for a 3rd lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have two prams that we were given but DD doesn't really like either of them. We carry her everywhere, and always have. We use a satchel to carry what we'd like to, or a back pack. If we have shopping, we use a trolley. Although, we couldn't walk home with many groceries. If you're planning to walk home from the shops you might like one. Grab one that faces you if you prefer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureMa View Post
    Hi there, I practice AP and I do use a stroller. When I meet friends or mothers group for lunch it's easy to have DD in the stroller so she can have a snooze and I can eat. Also, DH likes taking her for walks in the stroller as do her grandparents. I love using the Ergo but there are certain situations where the stroller just works better
    Same for me. I like to use my pram to carry stuff, and quite frankly, I just find it tiring to carry DD too long (and I don't have back problems). I love my Ergo for short trips, and DD feels the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I mostly wear my DD, but find my pram handy for some shopping centre trips where I'll want to try on clothes or carry a lot. You don't need to spend $500+ on a pram, there are a lot of good prams out there for $100-$300 mark. Remember that if you are thinking of buying one that your DD will be in when she's a newbie, make sure it lays flat.

As for nappy bags, I've just bought a backpack to put everything in - nappies, wipes, change mat, nappy sacks, toys, spare clothes, rusks, snacks etc, sippy cup, breast pads. I've found that a lot easier than my old over the shoulder nappy bag, especially since I'll go out for a day out just wearing DD on public transport.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went through the same dilema and in the end brought a pram.

I guess only time will tell how much use everything gets?

I opted a pram that wasn't the prettiest but had all the functionality I was looking for and would suit if we have another kid.

I figure if i don't use it ever I can sell it?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i think its handy to have a pram with AP, we do our own type of AP guided by my daughters particular needs and to me that is what AP is all about tailoring the way you parent according to what the baby needs ( i dont care if its not text book ap lol) and i found the pram handy i used to put all DDs equipment in the pram while she was in the sling or baby carrier, it was also a very portable thing to put her in while i had a shower, and plus it made it so much easier when she was on too many things to be able to be carried i could transfer her into her pram and walk around with her

Oh and it was the BEST thing to hand her formula on as it stayed up right so it the bottle could empty

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Invest good money in a carrier that is going to take you through stages longer. A stretchy wrap is great for newborns - about 4 months but from there on you may want to look at a woven wrap or an Ergo etc for long term use and back carriers. I didn't bother with a second / twin pram sort of thing, I just babywear the baby!

I would invest in a good mid range pram - they are handy for storage, popping baby down quickly if you need to go to the loo etc. I highly recommend the baby jogger city mini. Love it. If you're a walker maybe go the elite, but then I walk with a baby on my back (two sometimes) so I don't really exercise with a pram.