+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long cycles before falling pregnant

Hi everyone! I was hoping other ladies out there who have had long cycles can tell me how they worked out their due date/how many weeks pregnant and how it compared to their dating scan? Before falling pregnant, I had a 36 day then a 42 day cycle (after coming off the pill). My last cycle started on 12 June, and my doctor gave a best guess due date of 27th March and being 5 weeks pregnant (last Wednesday the 25th).

I have my dating scan next Tuesday but I guess I am just curious! Would love to hear how close your dating scan was to doctor estimates or online calculators!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MamaO
    I was in exactly the same boat, my cycle usually went for 35-50 days...(before I had my first son, it was closer to 60 days...)

Apparently whether you are a 28 day cycle or a 40 day cycle it all works the same (the 40 day cycle just takes longer for the egg to get into position - around day 20).
    My last cycle started at the end of May, I ovulated between 15-16/6 and my due date is March 8 (which we found out from a dating scan - I will be 9wks tomorrow), we were expecting it to be closer to the beginning of the month but then she did mention that the scans are only average based on the size of the baby at the time of the scan and that you can give or take 5 days...

Also, if you have had a your urine test with your GP they can usually give you an indication of how far along you by your HCG levels..

Good luck with your dating scan....exciting times ahead....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maartysmum For This Useful Post:

MamaO  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your reply! Yes so exciting!! Thanks, I'll let you know how the scan goes Tuesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I thought I was 7 weeks but when I went for dating scan I was only 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is no real way to work it out. Like you I was 42, 38 etc. For this pregnancy I was on clomid and "supposed" to be on a 28 day cycle, ended up 8 days out from what I was expecting.