+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to put it out there, I co sleep and ff dd 16months and she still wakes for a bottle or cuddle most nights so weaning might not help. You might just end up having to get out of bed to make a bottle instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as you! My 15 month old wakes constantly during the night. We are having bub no. 2 in january so I'm very nervous that I'll have 2 babies on me all night and I can't sleep with him on me either. We are on a wait list for a sleep clinic to help with the night weaning. Now I am just enjoying it knowing its not going to be for much longer...maybe?! Although I can picture 2 babies nursing and ds trying to attack the new bub for having his boobies!

I've wanted to wean in the past when my nipples got very sore when I was first pregnant but kept going and I'm really glad I did as he's been really sick recently and it gives him so much comfort. Its only for such a short amount of time and you might not be able to go back if you change your mind in a week or so. Just make sure your 100% ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd hang onto nursing as long as possible. I weaned my dd1 at 19mths as I was 7mths pregnant and cranky. I deeply regret it.

Plus I had to find another way to put her to sleep which sucked. God bless boobs and their magical sleeping properties.

Similar Threads

1. Breastfeeding Beyond 12 Months Chat
    By demeter in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 14:22
  2. Breastfeeding during pregnancy -> breastfeeding 2 kids?
    By qldbaby in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-06-2013, 21:46
  3. Anyone exclusively breastfeeding past 6 months?
    By ciaomamma in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 09:22