+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    did you actually ""see'' that he was the one that kicked your ds? personally, I don't just give my number out to anyone, if she says she wasn't his mother, then what do you expect? even if she was, she probably knew you'd ring her.. maybe she thought you'd harass her and she doesn't want that.

playgrounds are playgrounds unfortunately, my dd has been kicked in the head and so forth, and if i haven't had much of a response from the parent, i tell the kid off myself and that's that. i leave.

good to hear his eye isn't seriously damaged, it's scary when these things happen. unfortunately we sometimes think other parents are like us, but they aren't and it's dissapointing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS had a stick enter in through his eye when he was 13 months old and he still has full vision (he's very lucky) I'm sure a burst blood vessel will not affect your sons eye sight, and at least he is old enough to tell you if it's not.

TBH I think you are taking this a little too far. Does your son go to kindy or school yet? My daughter has been kicked and punched at kindy, but what can you do? They're kids. As horrible as it is to watch your child in pain I really think you need to let this go.

For all you know the child reacts with hitting and hurting because he has it done to him from his parents. And therefore of course they won't care that he's done it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am sorry but a child KICKING another in the face is NOT just kids being kids! Nor should a parent expect that at a play area, idgaf if the child is 2 or 12! A parent ir RESPONSIBLE guardian is responsible for NOT letting their kids physically injure others!

My ds is a very gentle child and if someone kicked him in the face i'd be p!ssed off

If a child kicked or punched my child at 5/6 i would be requesting the school DEAL with it, if they did not i would deal with it myself
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (05-08-2012),Ashley595  (04-08-2012),just her chameleon  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    I am sorry but a child KICKING another in the face is NOT just kids being kids! Nor should a parent expect that at a play area, idgaf if the child is 2 or 12! A parent ir RESPONSIBLE guardian is responsible for NOT letting their kids physically injure others!

My ds is a very gentle child and if someone kicked him in the face i'd be p!ssed off

If a child kicked or punched my child at 5/6 i would be requesting the school DEAL with it, if they did not i would deal with it myself
    Well said!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Agreed!

Thanks
    Reviews

I totally agree ... But this is why you MUST supervise your children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would be ropeable as well, and I also would have said something to the woman and asked she keep a better eye on the child.

But I do agree with others. Given the woman's reaction and the fact it seems clear she has given you a random number, I'm not sure what you hope to achieve. Even if it is the primary carer (the child may reside with his grandmother) you have sent a text and she has not responded. So no matter the circumstances you aren't going to get an apology.

I do understand your upset. I had to remove my son from DC bc he was getting literally bashed by a group of boys while staff stood metres away chatting happily and not supervising properly. But you really don't have any other recourse but to let it go given the number is either dodgy or the carer refuses to respond.

I hope your son comes out of this all fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genuine question: how are the parents supposed to deal with this?
    And how would anyone know if they had or not?
    Should they tell you what they had done to prevent a recurrence, and what if you disagree? What would YOU want the parents or authorities to do?
    And what does a lawyer have to do with it? That is, what would you expect the law to do about it, given that it's clearly not a matter for the criminal law?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to really old For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

It didn't happen in a school yard And the difference is that in the school yard these two children will have, potentially, interaction for a few years. The OP is probably never going to see the child in question ever again.

And no amount of supervision will ever stop a spur of the moment child reaction.

There is a difference between a child kicking out and a chid intentionally kicking another child in the face.

I agree I'd be angry but what is that going to achieve?

Hunting down the other child and harassing the parents is actually illegal (stalkerish) and quite obsessive really. Infact someone's action of hunting down another child would worry me more than an incident in a moment in time in a McDonalds play ground, especially as these two groups of people are hardly likely to ever see each or interact together ever again.

I hope the OP and her son have a lovely day at his party and yesterday just gets left behind.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (04-08-2012),Jakois  (04-08-2012),squirrelex  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your little one is OK now. I agree with PP, its odd to ask for contact details - you swap info for a car accident, not a playground incident. My kids have been hit at playgrounds and it has made us both upset, and I've told other kids to play nicely or had apologies from parents. The last thing that I would want is any further contact from them.