+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not quite the same, but when my brother was in a coma I was able to access everything of his and organise work stuff. All my things are on direct debit except insurance and rego.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if its been mentioned but make sure your family know where to find your will.
    It may sound like such a simple thing but when my brother passed we were sure he had one. But apparently we spent a week looking for something he never got around to. Settling his estate took a very long time and just added to all the stress my parents were already going through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the other way around DH looks after all the bills, paperwork, medicare etc. I would have no idea how to manage medicare etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh would probably get by, he knows where all the paperwork is kept & would just pay things as they come in. I own our house and everything relating to it would be moved to him so he would know all about it after that.

I really think he would struggle maintaining house & DD. Mil would be here every day...

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, everything you mentioned hes done... solely or at some point been with me. Hes a wizz at internet banking (wish to god I'd never shown him!).

But hes crap with finances, should he ever get a bill that he had to actually manually pay.. it'd be late.. or if wouldnt get paid at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep cause he takes care of all of the financial stuff and paper work...like 1950's style.

TBH I'm screwed if he dies cause it is ALL his job.

Basic housework yes he knows how to do it all. He'd be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im opposite, if dh died i would have no idea how to access anything or budget. I hopeless with that stuff and he does it all. Which is weird coz im the fulltime worker lol maybe i should learn :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes
    I am the one in trouble if DH died as he takes care of most things, although i do know how to do some things there are others i would find quite confusing.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 02-08-2012 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He would be fine with bills and banking and stuff.
    Medicare would throw him, I asked him where his medicare card was the other day (and I know he had one because we are on the same card and I got him one when I got mine) and he replied that he had no idea, did he ever have one.
    He wouldn't know how to change the bed or clean the stove or the kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH has NO idea.

I've got a piece of paper that has all financial details on it - what bills come out and when, all the bank accounts we have, who our insurance is with and mortgage details etc.

My mum and hubby both know where it is kept, it's also saved on my phone.

I hope nothing ever happens to me but in the event it does I want him to know where our money goes.