+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine could do it all cause he already does lol the only thing he would have to learn is his taxes. When we finally get our bfp and baby it'll change cause that's my area lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH would be fine with dealing with everything.

All our paperwork is in one place so he would know where to find something he wasnt sure of.

I saw how much my dad struggled with day to day household stuff when my mum passed away so I have made sure DF knows where everything is just in case. The main thing my dad didnt know was if you have a joint bank account and one of you pass away the account is frozen until the bank recieves some paperwork. He ended up breaking down in the bank crying his eyes out the day before mums funeral when his card wouldnt work when he went to buy a new suit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post

All our paperwork is in one place so he would know where to find something he wasnt sure of.

I saw how much my dad struggled with day to day household stuff when my mum passed away so I have made sure DF knows where everything is just in case. The main thing my dad didnt know was if you have a joint bank account and one of you pass away the account is frozen until the bank recieves some paperwork. He ended up breaking down in the bank crying his eyes out the day before mums funeral when his card wouldnt work when he went to buy a new suit
    That made me very sad for your Dad

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He would be fine with Internet banking and bills as we have joint accounts and accesses to everything.

He would be fine with sorting out medical issues and all that stuff.

He wouldn't know the little things- which laundry powder doesn't irritate DD, her little tells when her feelings are hurt or she is concerned (she is very subtle), how to dress her in matching clothes, and he would suck at doing crafts with her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post

For your Dad!

I did not know they freeze joint accounts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (01-08-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We've accepted that there's a chance that one day I won't awaken out of a seizure.

So I have a notebook in my bedside table drawer, that lists my email address and their passwords, my forums and their passwords, my ebay, online banking, Centrelink, everything that has a password or needs authentication.

Even a description of the dress and shoes I want to be buried in, the colour of the hairdye I want my hair done, the shoes I want to wear, the flowers I want at the funeral.

There's even strict instructions on DD's favourite stew, and how to work the washing machine.

And laugh if you will, but a translation and pronunciation guide for the words the dogs know, because they are trained in German.

It's not a nice thing to have to arrange, but we had to. The risk that I'll die in minimal, but still a risk. It's better to be prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh TL

I think my DH would be fine. Actually he'd be so completely overwhelmed that he'd need a lot of support with the kids (self employed - demanding business) but I know we have so much support around us that he'd get the help he needed.

He'd be fine with banking, Medicare, kids Dr's appointments etc. He'd also be fine with cooking and cleaning as he does it already.

He just doesn't have much solo hands-on experience looking after both kids for more than half a day, so that's where he'd struggle.... I can picture DD being 3 hours late for school and DS being up until 10pm every night lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would your DH/DP know how to access your online banking? Nope and he would have trouble understanding all the account for both mortgages.
    Would they know how to pay your bills or what bills even need to be paid? Nope, I do all that
    Would they know who your insurance is with, or how much is left on your mortgage? He would have no idea
    Would they know who your child's doctor is Yes or how to go to Medicare and claim money back? yes
    Would they know what clothes can't go in the dryer? yes

Granted my hubby is away 4 out of 5 weeks so I have to do most of the practical things. I'm sure he would figure it out though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaleggos View Post
    None of the above. He would be able to get her to a Dr but not the one I've just changed to (but that's fair enough cos he's never been there). I've shown him Internet banking etc but he wouldn't know where to find the log in id's. He'd figure it out though as he's not stupid, just reliant. He knows where the document box is so should be able to find insurances in there. As for clothes, nappies etc - no chance!
    Mind you in saying that, he'd be fine with the other household things. Already does most of the cooking because he's a chef. Great cleaner. Fantastic father, so he'd figure out the quirks and DD would show him 😃. God forbid it ever happens to us x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes to everything and more, DP is probably a lot more capable than I am lol
    Although the girls would have messy hair and be dressed a lot weirder haha he always puts weird colour combos together and things that don't go at all