+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can't think of one thing DP wouldn't know how to do. We both take responsibility for everything. If he died the biggest thing I wouldn't be able to manage would be reconstructing any Lego that DS breaks. That is solely a daddy job.

ETA this thread reminds me of one of the saddest passage in a book I ever read- an old man's wife dies and he ends up having to ask someone what potatoes you use in potato salad. Because it's served cold, he had no idea his wife cooked them first.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 01-08-2012 at 21:26.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope.. He wouldn't know how to do much really because i have done it all for the last 10 years.
    Before that his mother did everything for him because he was 18 when he moved out and we got together.

He is getting better but this is something I worry about a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes. He would be fine with all of those things.. We share everything and try and both do things so we both have a handle on things. I know i could rely on him if anything ever happened to me. But i also know he'd be lost without me.. and those things would be the last things he thought about.. I love him so much. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Would your DH/DP know how to access your online banking? Would they know how to pay your bills or what bills even need to be paid? Would they know who your insurance is with, or how much is left on your mortgage? Would they know who your child's doctor is or how to go to Medicare and claim money back? Would they know what clothes can't go in the dryer?

I just realised DH does not know what Medicare even is. He has no concept.

I hope I outlive him.
    None of the above. He would be able to get her to a Dr but not the one I've just changed to (but that's fair enough cos he's never been there). I've shown him Internet banking etc but he wouldn't know where to find the log in id's. He'd figure it out though as he's not stupid, just reliant. He knows where the document box is so should be able to find insurances in there. As for clothes, nappies etc - no chance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Would your DH/DP know how to access your online banking? No
    Would they know how to pay your bills or what bills even need to be paid? No
    Would they know who your insurance is with, or how much is left on your mortgage? No
    Would they know who your child's doctor is Yes or how to go to Medicare and claim money back? No
    Would they know what clothes can't go in the dryer? No

I hope I outlive him. Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only thing DF would struggle with would be changing DD2s pooey nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He'd be fine.

I have a filing system and he knows how to access info, he doesn't have internet banking passwords, but could easily set it up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, he'd be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes he'd be fine with all the above. Except he hates Medicare and queues so I bet he'd avoid that.
    He would also never use our dryer. He thinks I'm slack for using it lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    He'd be ok...not too bad. The bills and money etc no drama. Doctor, Medicare, yeah I think he's got all that under control.
    The household stuff it would get done...but it just wouldn't be a good as I do it. I'd be turning it my grave when he produced San Remo ready pasta for the kids' nutritious meal for the week.
    *shudder*