+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did she miss the doodle??

Hey ladies

So last Wednesday I had my 20 week scan, I was 20 + 3. We wanted to find out the gender.

The sonographer was quite rude and didn't show me anything while she did the scan. When it came round to the gender she barely turned the screen to me but told me she thinks we are having a girl. I did not see but she said she couldn't see anything to indicate it was a boy. Nothing at all. But because I didn't see myself I am convinced she just missed the doodle!

What are the chances she missed it? Does that happen often?? My husband said he saw absolutely nothing especially in comparison to our son only last year( he had it on visible show).

I still can't believe we are having a girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told by 2 different sonographers at my 20 week scan that I was having a girl. But I had a gut feeling all along I was carrying another boy. We had a 4d scan at 32 weeks and I was right!! Another beautiful boy
    So yes, they do get it wrong sometimes!!!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOL and this is exactly why I won't find out the gender during pregnancy LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof1expecting2 View Post
    I was told by 2 different sonographers at my 20 week scan that I was having a girl. But I had a gut feeling all along I was carrying another boy. We had a 4d scan at 32 weeks and I was right!! Another beautiful boy
    So yes, they do get it wrong sometimes!!!
    Oh wow! What are the chances that they both got it wrong!

I would be very happy with another boy but a girl would be a sweet surprise as well. But I just have this feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also told with my second son at two different ultrasounds that he was a girl. Bug surprise when he was born. My mum thinks I must have had a feeling though as I only bought 4 pink things and 2 sets of pink cot sheets so I didn't have much pink stuff to change or get rid of. I've never known anyone else that it has happened to though so I think it's pretty uncommon but definitely not impossible. Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happened to my fb friend. She was told all along "girl" only to find out at 34 weeks it was actually a boy. She was devestated because she'd already bought pink everything and decorated a girly nursery! But once she went shopping again and had time to process it, she was thrilled with her little boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah! Reading these have scared me a bit. I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been told that we are having our third girl- but yet the whole pregnancy I have been convinced its a boy. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i'm another. We were told girl at two separate scans(done at 16 and 20weeks) with DS2 It wasn't until 25weeks we found out "she" was a he. I'd get it double checked for piece of mind.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    * has a panic attack* omg!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness! I am going to have to nag DH to let me have another scan a very detailed scan after all these stories.
    I know it's not important what the sex is but I know if I have it set in my
    Mind that it's a girl and it comes out a boy, ill be so shocked so I wanna be prepared!!