+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Calf pain?

Hi all. I'm 9+4 and for the past week my calf muscles have been really sore!

Woke up around a week ago and my left calf was sore (like I'd pulled a muscle). I was actually limping around. By Saturday both calves were very sore. I did some googling and apparently it can be a potassium deficiency? So I started eating 2 bananas a day, the pain (while still there) isn't as bad now and I don't actually have to limp anymore, but they're both still sore. Feels like when I go to the gym after not going for ages.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has had this, or know anything about it? Could the bananas really be the key to fixing them?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There could be many reasons for this but you probably had a few light calf cramps. There are a few things you can do for this. Stretch your calf muscles everyday, make sure you get enough water about 3l per day, magnesium suplement, and hydrolite. Remember you need more water during prg, and all the running to the loo can be washing precious electrolites out. Bananas is a good source of electrolites but unfortunately not good enough, molasses is also good, coconut water is absolutely excellent then hydrolite. Magnesium has natural muscle relaxing properties. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it does thankyou! The water thing makes alot of sense. I barely drink 2 mouthfuls of water daily (I drink milk, cordial and too much soft drink). I also get up 3-4 times a night to wee so I'm losing alot of electrolytes.

I'll start drinking more tomorrow and hopefully it goes away!

Thankyou again

Thanks
    Reviews
    If all those other things provide limited relief, purchase compression socks. I had to wear compression socks for just over a week, at around 11 weeks. It was really bizarre. But after that I didn't need them until now (I'm late in the third trimester).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will do, thankyou!

The water seems to have done the trick for now... I can't believe that dehydration would make my calves sore! Thank god for bubhub hey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, yeah...mine sometimes feel like they want to tear out! It is ot realy the dehydration making them feel sore, dehydration causes an imbalance in transmitter fuilds which can cause you muscles to cramp up, waste product like lacyic acid or minor tears is what causes the pain that continues. Massaging and heat on the painfull muscles help for the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Drink plenty of water and take magnesium pills. They're magic,and very safe : ) A lot of women are deficient in magnesium.