Reviews

Default .

Post removed by IndieBelle
    Thread: 467402
    Last edited by BH-tech; 07-01-2016 at 16:17. Reason: SEO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    change the system so that all kids have to bring a hat and leave it at the centre.

will you wash the hats - or will they get sent home once a week/month?

i like the shoe basket idea.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cheap hats: Ebay. I love ebay

Shoes: When I used to work in child care (and in my recent 4weeks prac for my cert 3) I would find random shoes around the outside play area and immediately go and put them near the door that leads inside. More often than not, staff and parents will check there first when looking for shoes, and it helps if you get the kids in the habit of putting their shoes there. (The older kids mostly....I know getting toddlers to do anything is nearly impossible )

I think any system you put in place is only going to work if your staff pull their fingers out and give a rats butt. Are the staff wearing hats outside too? Enforce that the staff need to wear their hats and the kids do too. Maybe use the top rung of the hat organiser for the staff hats so they can set a good example for the children when it comes to putting the hat on and packing the hat away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by IndieBelle; 24-09-2014 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that the staff who don't care needs big kick up the a$$

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    At our old centre, there were hooks outside for hats which most children generally left there each day. Shoes were put in their locker.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by IndieBelle; 24-09-2014 at 19:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    dhgate.com should get you some cheap bulk hats (and other items)

Perhaps have a shoe/bucket rack outside near the door (or somewhere) and make it a rule that shoes go there if they are taken off outside.

That way staff don't have to keep going inside and putting them in their bags, and parents will know where to look if the kids don't go recollecting them afterwards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-08-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    At my old centre we had shoe lockers and that worked well but at my daughter's centre they have 20 pairs of shoe sole shapes iykwim painted along the verandah floor outside the door. Preschoolers love to match things as you know and they all love taking off thier shoes and matching them to a shoe shape. And it looks so neat and tidy
    I hope I have described it well enough, I'm multi tasking

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I liked at a centre I worked at they had hats that lived at the centre, various bright colours but the same hats and they had their names written in BIG bold letters on them and they were washed weekly. Best part of that as a casual I learnt the kids names really quickly because the top of hat was labeled. In like 3D fabric paint (the stuff that comes in a bottle you put it on like piped Icing )

Then each classroom had a small clothes horse and a billion pegs. So kids older than like 2 we're responsible for finding (colour & name recognition) and then pegging (fine motor) their hats (they had the really big pegs without springs, from bunnings, so there's no small pieces to break off).

So obviously they had a several spares, so if one was missing for a while the child was given a new hat.

Though at jaspers daycare I'm happy to bring his hat and take it home each day& wash it myself weekly rather than have him put it in a pile of hats to share nits etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub