+ Reply to Thread

Default Are you pregnant? Interested in accessing continuous support throughout your journey?

My name is Frances and I am a student midwife at ACU in Melbourne.

As part of the Bachelor of Midwifery, all student midwives participate in the Continuity of Care Experience program (CCE). The CCE program is a valuable component of my learning experience, and also an amazing and unique opportunity for parents to access free and ongoing one-to-one support.

Inviting a student midwife to be a part of your journey through pregnancy, and in to early parenthood can be a big decision. However, the benefits of participation for women and their families are well documented. Access to your very own student midwife usually entails:
    • Attending antenatal and postnatal appointments with you and your family.
    • Attending antenatal classes with you, or simply meeting up for a tea and a talk.
    • Birth support is offered, though not compulsory in any way!
    • Your student midwife can research information and services for you. However, she will not provide advice, opinions or judgement…
    As your student midwife, I aim to work with you and your family, to be a familiar face and a consistent presence, and to provide woman-centred care and support.

My role is supported by a mentor midwife, as well as by the university. From my end, there is appropriate documentation and checking in on paperwork, process and experience. Be assured, I am well supervised by a brilliant team.

I have an employment background in disability, youth and children’s services, and have worked providing support to people in different environments for many years. I am professional, relaxed and approachable. I am passionate and motivated, and would love the opportunity be a part of your journey. I am flexible with my availability, and prepared to travel.

If you are between 14 and 35 weeks pregnant and interested in participating, or simply want more information, please contact me at any time.

Frances Hearn (Student Midwife)
    0410 248 429
    Last edited by FrancesHearn; 01-08-2012 at 17:28.