+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    i saw the episode and switched off but saw the same parts.
    controvertially if she thought he was totally rehabilitated and honestly thought him to be of no risk, the very least she should have done knowing his past, was educate her kids about adults not being allowed to touch private parts without permission, even if they were threatened they should have been told it is ok to tell someone they trust if anything like tht were to happen

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankfully I didn't watch it! But I think she has total blame as their mother too! As a mum it is your job to protect your kids. If that means you're lonely and miserable but your kids aren't at risk then sorry but that's how it's gotta be! I can't feel sorry for the mother.

ETA: some things we cannot change that leave the kids at risk. But things we can we MUST!
    Last edited by Pipsicle; 01-08-2012 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How sad Surely there would have been some sign. Sounds like she wanted to be married and was in denial?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the mother was incredibly stupid & naive.

This is one of my greatest worries now that I have my dd. I have been known to do things to keep from offending others, particularly family members, in the past but I can honestly say if I have even the slightest doubt about someone there is no chance they'll be anywhere near her, & I don't care who they are. And if they call me on it I'll tell them I'm not having creeps near my child.

The Dr. Phil ep sounds terribly sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having been in this situation myself when I was a child. When I was 21 and I grew up and told my mum she said she knew it..... She bloody knew it she said. Then why wouldn't she do anything about it? For 5 years??

Anyway.... To me that woman on dr Phil is as bad as my mother! So many things would make me go on about this subject. But I didn't even see the episode!

If I were her daughters I would hold the mother at fault to a degree. Even if she didn't know it was happening at the time she knew he had done it before. In my opinion once a child molester always a child molester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mother ignored the signs in my case.
    I was rapes by my stepfather from 10 - 13. He only stopped them because I fell pregnant.
    Obviously DOCS got involved and eventually I told them what happened. My mother still wouldn't believe me. They broke up for different reasons two years later, after I had delivered my angel daughter at 24 weeks and moved out.
    I still talk to my mum and love her, but our relationship is irreperably damaged.
    A mother should be aware of signs of sexual abuse. It won't always be obvious, but she should have been more aware knowing his history.
    Makes me feel sorry for the daughters

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched it! Was really just sad and horrid to think an adult can do that. The worst part was how he was bringing other people into the house to do the same horrid stuff. The mum-oh dear! I would def not let anyone near my family like that but when you want to believe, I guess that's where you rationalize to make it okay. Wish I never watched it! Hugs to all who have experienced something similar xx

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't see it and glad I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw it. That man was evil and that poor poor girl was such a mess. I really felt for her. As someone who has not gone through sexual abuse but who has suffered from PTSD I hope she gets lots and lots of help when she gets back home. She will need it to live any kind of normal life. 8 years is such a looong time to suffer like that.

The mother, although at fault, obviously was wrecked over what had happened. Such a messy situation. As pp said, she should have in the very least taught her daughters about boundaries and privacy.

So sad.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This post contains information about child sexual abuse and a mothers potential (partial) responsibility. Please do not read on if this is a topic that may upset you.

Did anyone watch today's episode of Dr Phil? There was a mother and her daughter on. The daughter (and her siblings) had all been raped by their step father. For the eldest daughter the abuse started when she was 5 shortly after her stepdad marrying her mum. The abuse ended when the eldest was 13 and told her mum.

Dr Phil asked if, in retrospect, the mother saw any warning signs. She said no: there was no blood, she aw no marks on the kids, didnt hear any crying etc.

Dr Phil then asked about the stepdad admitting to the mother before they married that he had molested a young girl at an earlier time. "but", says the mother, "it was when he was younger and he said he would never harm my girls."

Wtf? Does anyone else think this mother should get a big punch in the head (or worse) for putting her kids in harms way? I'm surprised that Dr Phil didn't call her out. Well actually I'm not that surprised since he is a professional and probably didn't want to make a scene in front of the daughter.
    I'm not suprised. She seriously looked like she wanted to die!!! I can only imagine. His job is, after all to help, & her admitting that she was somewhat responsible may well have pushed her 'over the edge'

My heart goes out to the whole family.

Remember he is abuser. He groomed the mum too! He had to gain her full love & trust for her to marry him & get in the house.

I hope he rots in hell.

FYI afterwards I google child s 3 x o f e n d r s and found a really good Australia website giving names, photos and broad locations and crimes committed/jail sentences.

I've booked marked it.

WARNING ! graphic descriptions of s 3 x o f e n c s in many 'local' areas.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewTheEmu For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-08-2012)