+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone taken Maxolon/metoclopramide in a previous pregnancy and was baby okay?

I gave birth to my DS 8 months ago, having taken metaclopromide from week 8 to about week 18 of pg due to extreme nausea. My son has been noted to have a smaller than average sized penis, not micro, but a fair bit smaller than the mean for his age. The GP noted this, not me. I know the past is done but I cannot help wondering if the Maxolon/metoclopromide played a part in this. I have been Googling it and have read it can cause issues with testosterone in men who take it so now I'm scared it affected my boy in some way. Has anyone used this drug from early pregnancy and had a healthy boy with a, ahem, normal sized willy? I am really beating myself up about having taken the drug. I felt so very ill at the time but now wish I had just soldiered on.

Just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been taking Maxalon since week 5 of this pregnancy, i'm now 38 weeks. Haven't used it for any previous pregnancies, so can't comment on that.

However, Maxalon is a class A drug, and is safe during pregnancy, so i don't see that there could be a link between that and your sons genitals. If you are concerned, maybe you should seek out more information from your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Asked doctor yesterday and she didn't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyway, I'd so appreciate hearing from anyone who took this med in the first trimester and now has a healthy son, without my son's issue. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took it during my first pregnancy. My son is fine.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I took it in my first pregnancy - my son is fine, no issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BumMum did you take it in the first trimester? I think 8-12 weeks is the key time for genital development. Did you take it for a while?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Biscotti. Again, do you recall how long you took it for and was it in the first trimester? x

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB13 View Post
    Thanks Biscotti. Again, do you recall how long you took it for and was it in the first trimester? x
    I took it nearly my whole pregancy and definitely in the first trimester - I was prescribed it from my first appt so that would have been pretty early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess what I want to know is, how long you took it, which part of pregnancy and if bub is ok in that department. I really appreciate the replies as I am driving myself crazy with worry and guilt over this. I never normally even take painkillers for headaches but was so ill in pregnancy that I just trusted the doctor and took the meds without researching them.