+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default how soon can conception occur after miscarraige

Its not about me. I heard about a story of someone beig 12 weeks pregnant, 10 weeks after a miscarraige. can this really happen or is there probably a bit of story telling happening here?

I'm not starting an arguement and am truly curious to know. If anyone can shed any light it would be truly appreciated. I understand late ovulation and stuff but really? 12 weeks preg, after m/c 10 weeks earlier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How is that possible? If they m/c 10 weeks ago that means 10 weeks ago they "emptied" their uterus IYKWIM... unless they lost one of a set of twins? Even then, that would have made them 2 weeks pregnant at the time??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    How is that possible? If they m/c 10 weeks ago that means 10 weeks ago they "emptied" their uterus IYKWIM... unless they lost one of a set of twins? Even then, that would have made them 2 weeks pregnant at the time??
    yeah...! Iworked out that the person in question should be either 10 weeks or 16 weeks or something like that. I have m/c myself so I know how it goes hence the confusion and suspicion(sp?) on the dates. I am trying to stay vague just in case, IYKWIM? I had my doubts first time around and now it feels like I was right to have those doubts in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fell pregnant on the next cycle after a m/c at 6 weeks.. to my knowledge that would be the earliest you could fall pregnant again really.. so i found out I was pregnant 5 weeks after i miscarried.. and I guess I was 2 weeks then so officially I ovulated and conceived 3 weeks after m/c? Is that right?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    I fell pregnant on the next cycle after a m/c at 6 weeks.. to my knowledge that would be the earliest you could fall pregnant again really.. so i found out I was pregnant 5 weeks after i miscarried.. and I guess I was 2 weeks then so officially I ovulated and conceived 3 weeks after m/c? Is that right?
    yeah thats what I thought. I just feel really used and disappointed by this person because said person asked my advice on what happened to me, what to expect and how I dealt with it because she had the same specific diagnosis I had had.

I was just hoping it could have truth to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends how far along someone was when they miscarried. If it was early pregnancy and not much hcg in their system the earliest they could ovulate is possibly a week later. At the time of conception u are already classed as 2 weeks pregnant so in that would make them 11weeks pregnant 10weeks after the miscarriage. Does that make sense?
    If they had a dating scan bub may have been measuring slightly ahead perhaps and they just rounded it up when they told u?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleGuppy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well 12 weeks pregnant is technically only 10 weeks because they count from lmp as the beginning of pregnancy, so 2 weeks pregnant is actually when you conceive..
    Even so that would mean the person conceived immediately after which seems far fetched.
    I conceived 2 weeks after a m/c so it can happen soon after but to have conceived literally right after a m/c i don' know??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking it is possible. The scan calculating a different date perhaps.

I had a really odd occurence once. Three pregnancys in three cycles. The first two were losses.
    I wasn't believed by everybody which made the experience harder.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kadlin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    i saw the ultrasound photo and dating put it at exactly 12 weeks, exactly 10 weeks after supposed m/c which by everyones calculations means she should have conceived the day after m/c or during the very first few days after at the very least. the dates are all documented on FB which is how I know the dates. I dont want to confront this person just in case it happens to be true but under the circumstances I am finding it difficult to believe her. there is more to the story but these are the basic facts.

thank you kadlin, that really is the kind of thing I wanted to hear. highly unlikely but still possible. i am still very skeptical in this particular situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im going to say its possible. Unlikely, But possible.

What Kadlin said about dates being a bit out on the ultrasound has nothing to do with the weeks on the Scan picture that you saw.

If bub is growing a few days ahead It will be printed on the Scan photo "12 weeks" and really she might be by her actual O dates only 11 weeks 2 days which would have her conceiving 5 days after a mc.

If she mc'd on the 14th of the month, Then Ovulated literally straight away (within one week, lets say 5 days) so if she O'd on the 19th, Shes already "2 weeks pregnant" at O time. Plus 10 weeks to make her "12 weeks" and if bub is measuring a matter of milimetres ahead it can certainly be possible.

I know lots of ladies whom have conceived literally straight after a MC (Within 2 weeks). However, Under one week sounds strange. Probably possible.

If its true, Shes dam lucky!