Closed Thread
Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

JFB - Hope you had a better sleep last night.

I'm learning a lot about fenugreek, brewers yeast etc. I have a breastfeeding class on Saturday (ABA run) and am looking forward to it, as this will be my first experience with breastfeeding, and it is really hard to imagine (and prepare for). Thanks for the tips. I'm writing them down.

Kismet - Yes the time is getting closer, and I still have trouble believing I'll be a mum in a few weeks. How was it for you at this stage? Were you the same? I've got lots of house stuff to occupy me, and am just hoping it all comes together before C date on the 24th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    milli: take wahtever advice from us u can get re BF..yes nothing prepares you...most of all your nipples WILL hurt for the first 2 weeks for more for most ppl (all the nurses say blah blah it shouldnt hurt if bub is attched right which is BULL it still does) and even if its good attacehment doesnt matter those nipples get sore....use hydrogel dicss (from supermarket) as well helps with pain..i was in pure agony this time for about 3 weeks....make sure u use some nipple sheilds which also help with the pain...they saved me..now bub can latch on without me even looking....its so exciting for you!

thanks earth angel..i have 4 packets of brewers yeast so i will try to get some puree's in the oats as yes that yeast tastes...um like yeast ...yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Millie have lanisoh on hand. I had no problems breastfeeding (some of us are very lucky and it happens very easily) but my nipples were a bit grazed and the lanisoh was a god send. I didn't need shields or anything else just breast pads and lanisoh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - ... and be forewarned with the breastfeeding nazi's aka 'the ABA'!!! They are really pureist which is great if BF'ing works well, but not so great when it doesn't.... No doubt this thread will give you balanced advice though so keep reading And I agree, it hurts initially! Good luck for the 24th, VERY exciting!! Enjoy you last few weeks to yourself and endulge yourself in lots of adult things.... it will be the last for awhile.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehehe hello you 53+ PG Buddies (nice typo there bubhub)...

Just popping in quickly to thank you guys again for our Peninsula Hot Springs Gift Voucher, yesterday we used it and had the most amazing day.

We arrived just before 9am and got into our lovely gowns, then headed off to the hot pools. It was something else! They have a hot spring pool at the top of a hill with 360 degree views over rolling green hills and the beach, the sun had just come up and it was cool but oh so warm in the 40 degree heated pool. We had it all to ourselves as we were nice and early.

Then we moved on to our private pool amongst the trees .... followed by an amazing facial in a shared room, then back to the pools for a sauna, steam room and more relaxation!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Edited to add - AFM... I am OK. I am still not back at work, some days I really struggle to cope, sometimes I am a zombie and others feel relatively normal. For some reason I still get the Paid Parental Leave but can also return to work when I want and still get it... so will have a few more weeks off and at least be paid for it.

The grief oftens consumes me, mourning for my two angel babies. Some nights all DH can do is hold me as the tears just don't seem to stop. It is a pain like no other. Often it hits like a train and I need to sit down as the physical aspect is also so painful.

Today we went into the city and dropped off a thank you card for the nurses at the Freemasons Epworth (we were in the Clarendon St hospital - away from the maternity unit) who looked after us, my DH went up as I was too anxious to go up but our favourite nurse came down with him and gave me a big hug and kiss.

So many people have been touched by this and their compassion and caring has touched us... and you girls here are a massive part of that, a special circle of amazing women indeed

xxx
    Last edited by SpotTheOcelot; 01-08-2012 at 16:01.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    spot: im so gald you guys enjoyed the spa day. we know nothing can ever make up for the loss of your 2 precious babies. i hope that the day gave you guys some relaxtion and pampering.
    thinking of you often xxxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

spot - it's so nice to hear from you and to hear that you and hubby enjoyed our little pressie to you both. we know that nothing can take your pain away but hope that for those few hours of relaxation bought you some comfort xxxxxxxxxxxx

millie - i'm with sonja, i had no problems breastfeeding, i fed Kade until he was 18 months old and loved every bit of it...i did however use lanisoh for the first few weeks and it was a god send.....not long now xx

well we are back from the snow and it was fantastic, stayed in the most beautiful place and it snowed everyday....and lots of snow up on the mountains for the kids to slide down...we went to Thredbo and Perisher but Perisher was by far the better spot for children.....it was great, very exhausting but great.....

hope you are all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gorgeous girls

Beautiful Spot, I'm so glad that you & DH had such a relaxing time getting pampered, I just wish that I could do more to help ease your grief

Millie I used the gel discs when my (.)(.) got a bit sore, but I was one of the lucky ones.

Amum did you have much snow?

JFB have you started playgroup?

Alittle how is your cycle going?

Fiona I could only ever pump about 30ml from each boob & Ash was one VERY chubby bubby, so don't worry too much.

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, but I'm just enjoying not thinking about IVF ATM. I'm really focusing on getting fit & healthy again, it's killing me
    pizza think JFB asked when I see Wazza???? Only 3 more weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot - the day spa sounded amazing, I am glad you and DH enjoyed it. . Wish there was more we could do.

Amum - sounds like you had an awesome time.

Millie - I also used lanisoh and gel discs which I found great. I rarely hear that bf doesn't hurt your nipples in the beginning, the bf nazi's drove me nuts, but I remember the first few sucks hurt & then it was fine. Yes it really felt unbelievable, didn't feel real. I think I was in a state of shock and awe for quite some time even after E was born, sometimes I was totally confused with what to do but it is amazing how your instincts kick in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nessie: good luck for your wazza appt in 3 weeks....a ivf / bubhub break is certianly needed at times. as for playgp...nope still havent made it yet...find it hard to get us all out of the house and ready by 10am...i usually dont get out of the house til after 11am....

amum: trip sounded great.....have u TT Kade yet or waiting til this summer? H still no really showing signs of being "ready" although im not 100% certain on what is a definitive sign of readiness either...