Closed Thread
Page 97 of 122 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja. Has it sunk in yet...I always thought it would feel surreal getting pg naturally after ivf?

looking for a five bedroom house now...what type of car? Omg even with two kids our new car is busting at the seems...the boot is smaller and I now think errr we should have got something bigger....

ooh just saw the add for dowton abby.....can't wait....god I'm so daggy now.

Just curious.....anyone sent a bf child to daycare? Who doesn't drink from much else but a Boobie?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB Scarlett went to daycare from 10 months and didn't have bottles. I bf her in morning and when we got home ad otherwise she had milk from a sippy cup (which she never drank) otherwise just water. She was fine. I made sure she got calcium other ways.

We'll probably wind up with a Tarago and yes a 5 bedroom house.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Ford territories seat 7 I think Sonja?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have one. No boot space once you have the 7 seats up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh. Odyssey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Changing cars is another reason why my DH doesn't want another bubba (at least via IVF) - apart from us being a bit older. He can't bear the idea of a people mover!! He's such a car snob!

I'm sure there are cars out there which are 7 seaters with a bit of boot space. What a nightmare.

Subaru Tribeca and Mazda CX9 have 7 seats too

from another forum -
    We are in the process of buying a 7 seater, most likely it will be the Volvo XC90 or the Landrover Discovery 4.

Volvo lent me an XC90 for the weekend and I was able to get our Mountain Buggy Duet in the boot behind the third row of seats. I did have to take off one of the wheels though. I am 99% sure you would be able to get a double with a flatter fold (like the Baby Jogger City Mini Double) in behind the third row. I have just ordered one so I will let you know how I go when I test it out.

A lady in my street gets her Maclaren Twin Techno behind the 3rd row in her Volvo XC90.

A few of my friends with 3+ kids have the Mazda CX9 and they all love it. It does seem to use a lot of fuel and there isn't a diesel option which rules it out for us. Pretty sure they have started making it in a 2 wheel drive version so the fuel consumption on that model would be more economical than the all wheel drive version.
    Last edited by moongazer; 11-01-2013 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yep I never thought about the no boot space thing....

thanks sonja.....I think e will survive, she chews on sippy cups and will chew on a bottle with cows milk in it but doesn't drink it per se...I'm lucky that at least she wil be starting when the weather cools down....

another couples hot days coming up.....what ever happened the great Aussie summer storm, u used to get a 40 degree day which would almost always be followed by a big cooling storm? Poo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well, kids are in CC today and I need to get my hair cut and try to get my nails painted. DH is having his 40th tomorrow night and I need to build up some stamina somehow for the night.
    My niece is coming over tomorrow afternoon with her daughter and a friend and will babysit Spencer and Archie for the night.
    DH and I have booked a room in a hotel for the night, so I'm looking forward to my first sleep in past 7:30 for 3 years. I bet I wake at 6 and can't go back to sleep!!

I'll have to get onto my 40th soon. I guess I'll have 6 months to organise it, but I have no idea what to do.

We have almost all our friends turning 40 this year, so it's going to be a big year of parties.

I'll have to look into the catch up weekend. I think I may be able to make it, but not sure. We are coming to Melbourne for the Formula One weekend and I have promised a weekend away with my BFF sans kids later in the year. I think we are going to try and get to Byron Bay later this year too. Big year planned. I gotta get back to work to pay for it all...

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - A was about 10 months and BF when he started CC. He was not interested in bottle or sippy cup even of EBM. I started giving him a cup of milk here and there, and he did the same, would just chew the teat. Once he started CC he started drinking a little bit of milk here and there, and will drink a cup at bedtime now. He would hold off and not pine for boob until I got to pick him up, and I would give him a little suck when I got him, and a proper boob before bed. He coped fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

MG that was ultimately why we stopped also. We also have Jules so already have 3 kids every other weekend. And we both have smallish cars and a 3 bedroom house so things are already a but squishy. We would have had to sacrifice the nice area we live in to move to a big house in a new estate somewhere further out. It sucks that it comes down to logistics and finances but they are the facts! I would LOVE a bigger car. Squishing 3 kids, 2 car seats, prams shopping etc into my Mazda 3 is an accomplishment in itself but its not in our budget for a while