Closed Thread
Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Not H Sonja, Ruby. Haha. Yes I know she's a bit old but she has been sooo attached. Have been putting it off for ages!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Lucy was nearly 5 when she finally gave up the dummy. It's hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bk - Evie can go without her dummy without a hassle too however she got sick a couple of weeks ago and was tragic without it so it came back, we will get rid of it again soon, she won't sleep during the day without it though, not sure why because night time isn't a problem.

JFB - I do the same, I've been getting to bed about 11.30 sometimes midnight bcs I get carried away with 'me time'. Have to get out of that habit bcs it's usually my luck Evie wakes up early the next morning and I'm so tired.

Had to take Evie to gp access lastnight as she was badly constipated. She hadn't done a poo for 2 days (very unlike her) and yesterday afternoon she was desperately trying to poo and took her a couple of hours to get a little nugget out and afterwards she was hysterical, couldn't sit down, wouldn't let me change her or touch her belly or check her bottom and she was walking funny and just sobbed on my shoulder, she couldn't even relax and sit on me, nor would she eat or drink anything. Gave her some parachoc but that doesn't usually shift anything for several hours. Of coarse when we got to the hospital she had calmed down and dr said to give her panadol for discomfort and shove a microlax in her bum in the morning. She woke up the same, crying etc when trying to poo, it was a dilemma getting the enema into her but worked in 20 mins. OMG it was huge, no wonder she had trouble, poor thing. She was instantly happy afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet that sounds awful. We had a similar thing happen when Ruby was younger, she had a big hard nugget stuck half in half out, it was horrible. Glad she got it out the poor thing. I think Ruby will be the same with day sleeps. She basically didnt have one today, but fell asleep on her little couch watching a DVD at 3.30. Well second night down without a dummy, she has been really good actually, but the last two nights she hasnt gone to sleep until about 9.30 (mucking around in her room), but for a dummy addict I reckon she has done alright. Im guessing she will get better at going to sleep without it in time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kel well done on getting rid of the dummy. Ash also fussed a lot more once the dummy had been taken away, he spends about 30 mins playing/singing before he goes off.

Kismet For Evie.

Sonja has it sunk in yet?

Amum snakes are my worst nightmare, that & fire........mmmm & I'm going to be living in the country in a few months. DH bought some snake deterents a couple of weeks ago as the cleaners couldn't get out of the care for half an hour ( hunter valley) I think snakes should be extinct Sounds like you have had a great time.

Ash & I had a lovely morning with JFB, H & E yesterday We were talking about organizing a get together with everyone!!!! I know it's going to be hard but wow how great would it be???? So let's try for dates & venue, I'm happy to have it at our house in Hunter Valley as it can sleep 10 easy & room for cots etc. Once we move in there won't be as much room as we will have all our junk & office in it, so we are moving around April-May. Im thinking the week after Easter????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nessie that sounds wonderful - and I'm sure doable with enough notice. Will definitely look into it if others are able to.

Well just realised this morning that I don't have the right private health cover for pregnancy anymore . We changed all our hospital cover last year and I was convinced we'd never need it again. Damn. Going to be a fun morning tomorrow trying to see what I can do to sort that out. anyone had any experience increasing cover once they already found out they were pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews

Errr good luck Sonja. Surely you will find someone. Try posting in the general forum. I'm sure I read of a policy which you could join after pregnancy.

Kismet - we have poo issues here too. Spencer went 2-3 days of pushing with no joy and yesterday we but the bullet and gave him a glycerine suppository. All done and dusted after 10 minutes. Then a few more later. Poor kid was backed up. It's horrible watching them isn't it.

Nessie sounds like a great idea. I'll have a look at a calendar when infer home.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sonja I would be very surprised if anyone will up your cover for pregnancy but if you have to go private you would be considered high risk due to age and would receive special care anyway I would think, also because you've had 3 CS. OBs aren't covered anyway so you would only lose out on hospital cover wouldn't you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Nessie I think it sounds like a great idea too! I'm sure we could work it out with enough notice too. We are going to Tassie from 17-24 so as long as it wasn't straight after that xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - after I had Evie I wanted to cancel my healthcover as I told them I could no longer afford it however they offered an alternative of suspending it for 9 months 'due to financial hardship'. After this period they reinstated my policy, I had received a bill for $1800 for the period owing but they waivered it as a good will thing to keep me in the fund. I thought that was pretty good of them & was impressed. I've recently done the same thing until Feb (they only gave 3 months this time) & will reinstate it at a cheaper premium as I won't be needing obstetrics or ivf anymore
    I'm with BUPA and find them reasonable. Perhaps you might have some luck with your fund depending on how long it's been since you changed your policy.

Nessie - I'm in ....without the snakes though, hope the deterants work, you might need to keep a shot gun at the property , if I were the cleaners you wouldn't see me for dust

MG - no it's not a nice experience, I got it really bad when I was utd so I'd hate to think what it was doing to her little bum. She did 2 more later on.

BK - Evie does the same, sings and waffles for 1/2 hr or so before drifting off, sometimes cries for a few mins.