Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations Sonja!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja congratulations on your precious little miracle As I said yesterday it does give great hope to everyone on our thread Very exciting!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default yay

Sonja - Yay!!! Congratulations on achieving a 'little' miracle You have worked so hard for all of your children, and no one is going to begrudge you a special little natural gift. I'm one of 4 children, and loved having so much company when I was at home.

MG - It must be a bit sad when bubs say 'bye bye' to boobies, but there is an upside to it! No more mat bras, or changing boob sizes all day as they fill with milk and then empty etc. Say 'hi' to nice lacy bras, and no leaks

Happy New Year to everyone here. I spent it at a dinner party and Stella was amazingly good for once, sleeping from 8pm until 3am, 2 rooms away from me. Normally she would get up at 11.30pmish and 2.30pmish etc. But she was being really kind. It was a lovely start to the New Year, especially with the Moet in hand and great food.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Well done Stella for behaving for mummy. Glad you had a lovely nye.

DH is lying on the couch next to me about to throw the laptop at the wall. He attempting to make a playlist for his 40th next week and the computer is playing with his head. He is tech challenged. Anything technological will undoubtedly stuff up for him.
    I'm just trying to stay inconspicuous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    errr mg I can relate to your poor DH....if a computer so much dares as to be a little slow..over the balcony she flies.......it used to be funny....but my short fuse seems to be getting shorter for such things.... oh goooodddd speak of the devil but the feeakin enter button now wont work....oh plllease f u computer youre asking for it................................................ .................................................. .............................ok how is everyone coping with the heatwave?....Sydney was meant to miss this but I noted temps over 30 even 40+ plus in the coming week.....im so tempted to borrow money to fix our ducted air cond but our "charming" 1970's built house has decided to spak itself / require updating kid proofing all at once...6k on fencing, 6k on water tank ...now cost of air cond.....but I serriously lost my marbles the other night cos it was soooooooooooooooooo hot ...swaet was dripping under my bbs while feeding bubs whose head was sweating too.....I cant hack that $hit arghhhhhh...........oppps bit of a ramble.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I feel for you JFB - we had no aircon in Melbourne except for the girls' rooms and enduring the Black Saturday heat wave was memorable as I was pregnant with Scarlett at the time.

We've just had a heat wave over here and it was awful. At least DH was on leave and we were able to go to the beach every day. I have to say the first thing I thought of when I found out I was pregnant was at least I'll be big in winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I was horrified by the weather forecast myself when i saw somewhere had copped 48 deg..geeeesssuus...def couldn't cope with that, all I could think of was thank god it wasn't where I am. It's on the back of my mind to go somewhere cooler if it hits here but even Tassie has copped it.

Millie - Stella must be a social butterfly

MG - I can relate to DH. Yahoo you've got your boobs back, they're never the same though, mine fall into my arm pits now

Sonja - I'd love to have seen the look you and DH's faces when you found out, are you both in shock?

I'm not sure how this TT business is going to work in this house yet or when to start..after Evie had a shower this morning I got distracted with a txt message and found her playing in a puddle of wee on the carpet. We went shopping today and I let her pick out some undies and some reward stickers etc and that was exciting and all but do you think I can get her interested in the potty she prefers to use it as a step to the bathroom sink and as for the real toilet she throws a hissy fit & acts mortified when she sees me on it (it must be a scary sight) so I'm thinking it's not a good idea to use that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, I'm in Melbourne too, sweating right now .....
    no aircon here... Trying to survive with fans .... Thinking of buying a portable aircon on the weekend .....
    Bleuuurgggghhhhhh.

so a while back we tried to wean Indy off the 2am feed ... Worked well and then we travelled ... Things went back to including 2am feed ... (And for a while a few others ...)
    we are trying again this week...
    so now he is having some solids bed around 6.30pm, 10.30pm trying to settle him and avoid the 2am feed then a sun up feed.
    wish me luck ... DH and I really need some sleep soon or we'll kill each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Fiona Melbourne just sux on really hot days. It's so not designed for heat the way perth and Brisbane aren't designed for the cold. Although having said that we had a blue stone terrace and it would stay cool for several days. But living in the inner city, all that concrete, it just radiated in the heat. By the way I read about what happened to Edinburgh Gardens on new years' eve. We lived directly opposite it. So glad we weren't still living there. Good luck with dropping the 2 am feed. I know it's rough but sleep will return and you'll look back on this as a small blip in your life.

Kismet sorry not sure whether Evie is still at daycare but does she see other kids go to the toilet? I found. It really helped Lucy seeing other kids her own age using the toilet. Made her want to be a big girl like her friends. I leaned heavily on my mother's group friends to persuade Lucy it was time by showing her what her friends were doing. Really helped demystify the whole thing for her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Hi girls. I'm such a woos, I couldn't survive Melbourne without air con. 41 here today and after H sleep we are all heading off to the pool. The kids love it and we get a good 3 hours up there. My MIL comes along to help with H which lets me play with Ruby which she loves. Well I chained H dummy to him last night and he slept through til 6 am!!!

Well we missed the boat over Christmas (kind of forgot) so Santa is coming back to our house tonight to pick up Ruby's dummies and give them to the "poor babies". I've tried to prepare her but I'm sure she doesn't understand the magnitude of the coming event. Lol. Wish us luck!