Closed Thread
Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amum - dropped cake - poor little Kade!
    And yes, the 6 weeks have flown!

JFB, Kismet. Nipples are not sore when feeding just sort of tingly / itchy when not. When he feeds and for a little while after I feel relief - like the itch has been scratched ... that said I am a bit of a worrier - or so DH tells me - so it may well be nothing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Fiona it sounds by your description that it's the normal pain associated with early breast feeding. My experience is that the first few months it hurts when baby starts to feed. Eventually baby gets better at feeding and your nipped adjust

Millie. Goodluck with your confinement. Lol. You could go anytime really, how exciting!

Amum and Sonja. Happy birthday to both of your DHs. Amum sorry about your cake, poor little man.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Am thinking my cake will be a disaster too. Couldn't get egg whites to peak as had water in Thermomix. Oh well. Amum looks like your DH and mine will have something in common tonight!

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Fiona Kel's written exactly what I would say. Breastfeeding really can hurt for the first few weeks. I found the let down very painful, in fact so painful that it masked what was for me actually pneumonia. Warm showers, lanisoh, warm face cloths, that can all help.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - I have been so lax lately. I pop in and read a bit, though mainly a speed read sorry girls!
    Just feel so busy at the moment.

Spencer is being mega cute and seems like such a big boy now. He does have a tendency to ignore what I say though, so I am losing my temper with him a bit and snapping at him. He seems so upset afterwards, but he will take advantage of the times I am tied up with Archie, to get into mischief. He is def cheeky as!
    Archie is commando crawling everywhere. I don't think he's going to work out how to crawl properly. He just seems to be running with the commando atm. He gets places quickly, and is such a quick snatcher. Spencer walks past him and nearly loses whatever he is holding that Archie wants. .....And so it begins.... Spencer has started getting annoyed at Archie for getting into his stuff. ha!

My thrush seems to be clearing up slowly. I'm just using the daktarin gel on my boobs. Thanks for the tip JFB. Gotta say - I have utmost respect to you still feeding E and how long you fed H with how it feels with thrush. ouchers!

Happy birthday to Amum and Sonja'a DH's. I hope they enjoy their sticky and smashed cakes!

Millie - great to hear you have a date. Bring it on

Fiona - hope the boobies are coping ok. It does hurt a little in the beginning, but it will settle.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja - happy b'day to your dh as well......at least our cakes will be originals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The cake was disgusting DH was very polite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum and Sonja, hope you both had lovely birthday celebrtions with your DHs..... cake challenges aside. Lovely touch with the red roses Amum. Poor Kade, so gorgeous saying sorry mum for dropping the cake. I'm sure it still tasted yum and saved you javing to cut it.

Fiona, good that feeds are not too sore for you can be quite painful for some, so I guess it's good it is not really painful for you.... hopefully itchiness eases for you.

Millie, so exciting not long to go!!

JFB, how is little ones cold?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

poor DH's cakes LOL...oh well im sure they appreciated the gestures. im currently addicted to baking cos well...i love to eat the cake batter spoons..its a problem. i cluodnt care less about the cake, in fact sometimes i have just thrown the batter out after i had my fill...anyway....it better stop, ive got to get serious about this diet. i do like baking tho..i find it relaxing and im up to creating my own recipes now...its just not conducive to losing weight.

fiona: how are u feeling?

kismet: is evie still only going one day to daycare?

well ....just tired as today,,,,,all this interrupted sleep is catching up to me..i need a good 6 hours straight now. but thank GOD for microdermabrasion...i look 5 years younger!!!

MG: glad to hear its clearing up. its more annoying than anything....like having to remeber to use gel all the time...its not that bad its just part of the daily routine now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We all survived Indy's first immunisations today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - just saw your post ...
    cake batter
    I'm eating home made lactation cookies ... probably more than is necessary - they are pretty yum - packed with sugar and chocolate chips! But hey I am convinced they are working!
    First couple of weeks after bub weight was dropping off, now it's creeping back on ... but too soon to worry I reckon, gonna cut myself some slack for a couple of months ... although I did buy celery to snack on today ... problem is I am just eating it between cookies and other naughty snacks not instead of!

Sounds like the thrush is more painful than what I am experiencing ... so I will just assume the sensations I am feeling are just part & parcel of things and will stress less unless it gets worse. Thank you all for your advice & thoughts.

I have big boobs anyway - but with breast feeding they are getting huge ... I had anticipated that after pregnancy I would be able to fit it to most of my clothes again ... perhaps still wearing maternity jeans for a little while ... but no chance none of my tops fit the milk jugs! uggghhhh it means buying bigger clothes ... I cant keep wearing maternity outfits ... uggggghhh.
    Hate buying bigger clothes....