Closed Thread
Page 89 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks JFB, we have tried the water and he goes mental! So offended. Nothing else seems to have changed. When it started he had been a bit sick and was off his food, but that was weeks ago. His room is right next to Ruby's so Im with you on the waking the baby thing. I tried not giving him a bottle a few times and he screamed for 30-45 mins before I gave in, got himself into a right mess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harry record was screaming for 1.5 hours once....his-regressions would usually start with him being ill as well which he was often at that age with ear infections....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Kel - I have no suggestions. It sounds like a bit of a difficult one. Seems H is stubborn. Great trait, not so great when they are young and we want control....

Kids coped really well yesterday for being VEEEERRRRY tired! Both had 2 sleeps with not too much fuss going down, and both slept in today until 7am!!! Expected a much worse day yesterday. Amazingly I wasn't hung over either, even though I didn't get poleaxed, I was a bit tipsy on NYE!

DH has taken kids down to the beach with his family, so I am home doing chores and cooking - to catch up on the days off I've had!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel I can't really add anything to what JFB has said except I share your pain. I look back over my 3 kids sleep habits from 1 to 3 years old and we had it sooooo good with Lucy. Scarlett used to wake a lot at night but woudn't take a dummy or a bottle so we just had to resettle and resettle and resettle. Marc took a bottle (milk or water didn't matter he'd still wake) so at least he would go back to sleep (not all the time as I do believe the milk gave him tummy aches). Overall I do think bottles are a problem and (hindsight's a wonderful thing) wouldn't have gone that path with Marc (not that I had a choice as I had problems with milk supply in the evenings) but I do think he woke looking for it whereas I think SCarlett was unsettled.

When we were in Brisbane for Christmas we just went cold turkey on the bottles and chucked them. He's a lot older than H which made it harder and easier at the same time. But deep down I knew he was drinking too much and getting in the way of him eating properly so DH and I decided that he got them no more. Lots of screaming for a few days and now he's completely weaned.

Would you try weaning him completely? The way we saw it we weren't getting much sleep anyway so figured might as well add that into the mix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    MG well done boys! You must have woken up today feeling on top of the world.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Thanks Sonja. Do you mean just use sippy cups during the day for milk and get rid of the bottles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB - sorry about your nan. Even when it's been a good life and its time to go, it's a sad loss.

Alittle - hoping 2013 is a very positive year for you

... and that 2013 is a wonderful year for you all.

When I look back at my past year it's been amazing. Pregnancy and a baby ... Things I had completely given up on. What a blessing and what a joy!
    i am so sleep deprived and DH and I are like strangers passing in the night ... But that beautiful boy is something I couldn't have imagined ... He is amazing and I love him more than I could explain!

I look forward to the adventures of 2013 and all the teething, crawling, babbling and unexpected horrors that I am sure it holds.
    Not so much looking outward to the return to work at end of Jan ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Kel yes no bottles day or night. As Marc gets ear infections I have got rid of them as bottles can be linked to that. None of my kids drink milk from sippy cups but that doesn't bother me I focus on other forms of dairy. He's been so much more settled since we cut the bottles and now even sleeps til 530am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...I agree they are addictive.....I've had to stop h having a day bottle...he would whinge for it so only just stopped..the night well....I dunno if I can stop that yet....I'm in two minds about bubby...she will chew on a frozen bottle but I also don't want her to have one for the reason it's so hard to get them to stop and h has used it as a sleep prop and for the most part still does at night....he still drinks too much milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Well we have some big news.

I discovered just prior to Christmas that I'm pregnant. Only 6 weeks at this stage and have had some bleeding but had my levels checked again this morning and doubling nicely so everything is going in the right direction.

I have felt so torn about how to share this news as there has been so much bad news at the end of last year, and it's hard to know this has come without any planning. We knew we would never do IVF again but deep down my longing for 4 children never went away even though I knew it was foolish given we've had 8 years of trying and never fell naturally. So this does really feel like a miracle.

I have to book a 7 week scan which I won't get to do til mid January, so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed til then.

xx