Closed Thread
Page 82 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have have problem here....I used to cool the rooms down with air cond before they went to bed and put on a light long sleeved shirt. Turned the air con off when we went to bed, ...air con is now busted tho ...u can buy those heaters with timers on them that could switch on 4 am but maybe too hot...it's hard as the temp can drop like six degrees in their room by early morning here.....h has a light blanket to o to bed with but he has his duvet at the bottom of the bed and he us always twisted in this by morning but I guess it keeps him warm and he can pull it up it seems...don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Hello, we had our blood test on Friday and are preggers!

I'm 40 and already have a DS, we have been through three rounds of IVF. I'm a bit bricking it as scared to miscarry as we have three times. Twice before Isaac and one chemical in our first round of Ivf. I'm thinking the chances have to be good for us as out of four blasties they got to choose the best one.

So watch and wait now and pray to get to 13 weeks. I'm still on crinone but I think the nurse on Friday said go down to one. I rang the clinic yesterday to double check and it was after hours and got a different nurse she said stick to two and we will check with your blood test on Monday.

Anyway trying to ignore crampy feelings and doing insane knicker watch but I am feeling a bit nauseous so I think that is a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome luckyme. The first few weeks are so scary aren't they. I swear most of my pregnancies were spent worrying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky - welcome and congratulations, hope you settle into a nice trouble free pregnancy.

BK - we've had that problem too. I was putting Evie in a summer sleeping bag but she was still getting into a ball of sweat even with the fan on which I switch off when I go to bed and sometimes it would still be too cool in the morning. I've only just stopped using the bag, it was just too hot particularly when she was sick with temps. Evie has a tendency to kick off sheets so I was just adjusting it before I went to bed and we have a lightweight cotton wouldn't even call it a blanket type thing that I add over her when she is asleep if I feel she needs it, I don't tuck it in because as she rolls she kind of ends up rolled up in it, sometimes she will still get it off but it mostly works. Or I've woken up feeling cool myself and I will go in and check on her if it's still really early otherwise I leave her so I don't disturb her, despite that she's waking a bit earlier but I've had to get use to that, tbh honest if she's not making too much fuss as in just singing/talking I just leave her until she is whingeing & I usually get a bit longer in bed , for this reason I haven't put her in a big bed yet as I know she will get up and come & get me, I think I will wait until the sun rises a bit later .
    I was talking to my mum about this and she pointed out "we didn't have such things as sleeping bags and you kids kicked off blankets all the time, just deal with it"..she's so straight forward

Thanks
    Reviews

Good point Kismet. H has been waking up overnight so I check on her then and she has always kicked them off so I put it back on then but she invariably kicks it off again by morning. I guess I'm lucky she is only waking at 5, could be worse! I guess she will learn to pull them up at some point!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Luckyme1 - welcome! It is a stressful time, particularly when you've lost pregnancies before. Nausea is a great sign. Hang in there.

Nessie, I'm doing ok.... going a little stir crazy and of course wickedly POASing to try and keep me from going to crazy.. Getting BFPs, but tryjng to remain calm as I kniw it's likely the Ovidrel still in my system as Wazza makes you do a booster shot.

BK, Amberly sleeps in a light sleeping bag with a portable cooler, and then pop in before I go to bed, swithc cooler off and pop a lightweight little doonah on her. It's more the size of a bassinet/cradle one and she doesn't get tangled in it and tends to stay und it reasonably well as it kinda floats on top of her.. if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle I'm keeping everything crossed for you to bring home a BFP to end the year. When's your BT?

Luckyme1 welcome!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (23-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome lucky me. Hope you have a smooth and hassle free pregnancy and you see that lovely hb in a couple of weeks.

Alittle - good luck for your bt. If you have an hcg booster it is usually out of your system 7days after. Hoping your bfp hpt is the real deal.

Jfb - no option if having a really mild heater in the room on a timer???

Spencer now gets up and wakes us up. He had gone through about 2 months of 5:30am wake ups which as Sonja said, was torture. Esp as both kids would tag team the other on waking up a few times a night.
    He has recently started getting up at 6 which is great, and I think it is because I have dropped his nap some days.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (23-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting in quick incase I don't get time to wish everyone a fantabulous Christmas with your little families .
    Spread the love & enjoy!
    MERRY XMAS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle -

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (23-12-2012)