Closed Thread
Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja, sounds wonderful. What a perfect arrangement and how nice to be doing and talking adult stuff again not just full time kiddy stuff. Hope it all works out well for you.

JFB, my dream was to have at least 4... sadly not gonna happen at my age... Unless these 3 embies stick

Kismet, very scary story re the child you were minding... sounds a bit irresponsible of the mum and very coincidental re the clarantyne.

BK, atrip to Tassie sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Well I've managed to catch a pretty nasty cold /cough thing which has taken my sense of smell and taste totally away. Have a bottle eucalyptus right up to my nose and can't smell it. Rubbed vicks all iver my chest and nect and could not smell a thing. Bit eorried about it actually. Hope it's just the cold though that's never happened to me before....hopefully not IVF drugs, but will see doc tomorrow to see if he can reassure me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gorgy girls!!
    Sorry ihave been mia, buthave just been away from all things ivf of late

Kismet you know my thoughts on Evie, i think she is perfect

Sonja how exciting for you to be starting a new job!

Kel enjoy time with your Mum

Amum i also get bored when Ash is at daycare, thoughim usually working. But if i finish early i always go pick him up as i miss him.

JFB how are you going with being at home fulltime?

Fiona how is Indy?

Millie only 1 week to go??

Alittle i have everything crossed for you Ihopeyou feelbetter soon x

AFM busy as usual! DH is home on Wednesday YAY!!! As my DS is driving me nuts I cant believe how intense he is ATM, boy he knows how to push my buttons.
    Only 1 more week until I see Wazza!!! Im really looking forward to what he has to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    nessie: i think you deserved an ivf break, im really looking forward to hearing what wazza suggests...what did your last FS say, anything at all? sometimes u really need someone new and positive on your team to get u over the line.

alittle: 4 kids...LOL u never know, u hear all the time of twins etc from us oldies. good luck. i always think being sick in the tww is a good sign as pg lowers yur immunity i think.

mmmm im never bored when H was at daycare b4 E arrived. there is always something to do in this house aka DYI stuff and i never get a chnace to edit photos which i used to spend hours doing....i do remember at first when i had a spare day that i would bumble around from one thing to next as it was so weird to be ALONE for hours.

both kids has nive green snotty noses... E still pulling the 3 hourly feed / sleep at night.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    Things here are good.
    infacol has seemed to stop Indy having bad wind pains, which is good, has anyone else used it? And how long did you continue?
    The spewing continues.... Constantly changing his clothes and mine! I have been feeding him in upright position, more burp breaks during the feed, being really cautious of what I eat blah blah ... Anyway I guess apart from the mess and inconvenience it's ok, he doesn't seem too fussed! There have been a few occasions where over a couple of feeds I have had to change all of my clothes except my socks! (yeah including my undies!)

some days are less spewy than others, all things pass right!

First immunisations on thursday

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost my last post so fingers crossed this one gets through:

Nessie - I can't wait until you see Wazza. He is so good Your DS seems to be going through a growth stage and testing those boundaries. How painful. I'm glad your DH is due back today.

Kismet -That mother was a bit of a liar I think. How can she have Clarantyne packed when there are no allergies. What a horrible scare for you.

JFB - Greenies now Aint Mothering glamorous?

Fiona - Your poor boy (and you). It must be exhausting for you. Infacol has been highly recommended to me too, and I have it in my cabinet already. I was given a pamphlet with it and they said you can get more info re use on www.infacol.com.au.

Alittle - Being sick during the 2WW is meant to be a good thing as it means your immunity is busy fighting the bugs rather than the embryos. for a very sticky BFP.

'Hi' to anyone I have missed. I am now officially a waddling small ball Smudge seems to be doing well, and we see the Ob for the last time tomorrow before the C Section next Friday (24th August). I am slowly getting the house ready, and will start cooking up some meals to freeze soon. Instead of a baby shower I decided to catchup with friends individually (or in small groups) as it was hard to combine them all (some wanted a child free shower, some have young children I wanted to see, some are remote, and I have quite a few pregnant girlfriends.). It is nice just having some personal time with each of them before I go into 'confinement'

Thanks
    Reviews
    milliegirl - so excited for you!
    Thanks for the link.

JFB - I think I may have nipple thrush ... seeing nurse today and doctor for 6 week check up so I'll ask them ... but how are you treating it? Nipples are always sensitive / tingly - I thought maybe this was normal for breast feeding but it seems to be getting worse. uggghhhhh
    The things we learn about after having a baby that we had no idea existed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    milli: LOL confinement..they still use that term on forms etc i noticed as well....good luck. so close for you. go the cooking as yep u tend to live on toast for the first 6 weeks if nothing else is ready to go!

fiona: oh no i hope not. i tend to get a red mark that spreads out from the nipple sometimes in "tendrils"and it gets soreish within 2-3 days if not treated...it also feels weird feeding a spongy tingling feeling, some ppl report intense pain which thank god i never had badly. my bbs just feel weird. i just use daktarin gel on my boobs, i tried using the nilstat drops on both bubs but it didint work for DS (ie i still had thrush) and DD hated the taste so i didnt bother. vinegar also kills fungus. and also use breast pads etc...thrush can spread so fast.....argghhh, hope its not that! glad to haer the infacol works.

kismet/nessie: my DH is planning a week off work in mid september and we are thinking of staying near swansea for a few nights to see my mate so if we go i will let u know and we can hopefully meet up if u guys are free.

afm: i moved bubs bed away from the door as i wondered whether there was cold draft coming up and making her cold...anyway she slept slightly better (4 hours first stint) but then slept poorly in the moring when she usually sleeps well..she does have a cold tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

millie - oh my..not long now, gosh i'm excited for you.

jfb- there is a draft under kade's door so i put a towel up against it to stop it, seems to work and his room is lovely and warm, he has an oil heater on at night.

fiona - 6 weeks already...where has that time gone, they grow up so fast.

nessie - kade is being so naughty here as well, some days i could pull my hair out. must be the age...very draining...but he is still so dam cute and talking like you wouldn't believe, he just doesn't stop.

alittle - i hope you are feeling better today

not much happening here, kade is at pre school 2 days a week now and loving it...thank god. it's DH birthday today so kade and i went to the cake shop to get the cake....and what does kade do......drops the freakin cake...OMG...poor little darling was saying sorry drop the cake mummy......how could i be cranky with that......
    i sent DH red roses to work...he was so surprised and loved them.....how funny is that.

hello to everyone i missed, hope you are all having a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How funny Amum it's DH's birthday too. We're in the middle of making a sticky chocolate cake while Marc's asleep as he's a nightmare at the moment and into everything. Some days I feel like he went straight from 1 to 2 and a half. He goes to the freezer now, takes out an icy pole then goes to the drawer gets the scissors out and starts stabbing the icy pole I have to have eyes in the back of my head these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - 9 more days!! I'm so excited for you. If you need a text buddy I can pm my contact number. Are you having anyone with you during the birth? I had my mum.

Fiona - I had really sore nipples for quite awhile (god I remember that pain like it was yesterday!) it wasn't confirmed to be thrush, I think they were just raw and sore from the sucking. I got a tingly and stinging feeling for a few minutes into a feed, one side was worse than the other, I was told I had a blocked milk duct. It got so sore sometimes that I started to cringe every time E woke for a feed, sometimes my left side was so sore it brought me to tears so I'd feed from the other side to give it a break (I don't think you're suppose to do that but I just had to). A CHN told me it was a blocked milk duct cos she could see a tiny little white dot on the nipple that kind of looked like a little pimple and I had to try and pierce it with my nail to unblock it, I used a sterile lancet that I had to nick it and it did improve afterwards.

JFB - I spent all day at home yesterday while E was at daycare, finally had the time to do some things I've been wanting to do for ages without her under my feet, cleaned out cupboards, threw out some stuff and omg the top of my fridge was disgraceful. It would be great to catch up with you and meet and your little princess.

Amum - happy bday to your dh, oops about the cake

Gracefilled - are you still lurking? hope you and the boys are going great.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-08-2012)