Closed Thread
Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Picky - great news about Wilbur/Iggle Piggle. As long as he/she doesn't come out holding a red blanket and looking for his boat then you should be fine!

Gawd - sometimes I think the fastest result would be better. I was so absolutely positive that Spencer was ready for the TT gig. He didn't go to the loo today all all. Sh@t his pants again, but this time I threw him in the bath. Easier with the MIL here looking after Archie while this all happened. Lurved that Spencer decided to splash the water and poo particles around. He knows he is doing it. He is just being a bit stubborn about this. I know it is early days, but I'm not sure what to do. I'll just persevere I guess...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picky - have been wondering how you've been, good to know that all is well apart from a nasty scare. Yes things were certainly different when we were kids.

MG - it's a hard one, have no idea what I'd do if faced with the same dilemma. How long have you been trying with TT? I know my niece gave up after a few days with her son thinking maybe he wasn't ready and then tried again a month or so later and he got it straight away. Some kids just get really nervous.

As for TT, I was going to try just after xmas however Evie just lately has started to yell or cry when I go to the loo myself, even came in and tried to pull my pants up once, have no idea why she's doing this because she seemed interested in what was happening before. She really carries on now when I want to change her if she's wet but is happy to be changed if she's pooed, so I can't wait to start her, just not sure she'll be ready.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

MG. I wouldn't have a clue either! Have you tried transitioning to nappy pants for a bit? Maybe get him used to something a big more like undies first? In dreading the whole ordeal. I'm def going to wait for a while. I might speak to her childcare workers. They've prob got heaps of experience on when kids are ready.

Picky great news re wilbur. I bled for a week when I first preg with H. It was a little pocket of blood somewhere but had completely cleared up by about 7 weeks and all clear from then on!

How you feeling Nessie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mg, my BFF just perseverd with tt her son....it has taken her months to tt him...he would have at least one accident a day for ages...personally I would have stopped I don't know how she did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Picky great news!

MG have you got him a sticker reward chart? Or something else that appeals to him?
    My kids responded really well to rewards (some days). I'm sure you're already doing that. It's early days. I also stay home quite a lot and have lots of knicker free time. He will get it, but there's no harm is seeing where you get to after the weekend and put him back in nappies for a few days if it gets too much. I personally wouldn't bother with the transitional nappy pants - we used them with Lucy and they we exactly the same as nappies - just more expensive!

Thanks
    Reviews

I was going out to buy stars and cardboard today.
    I will reward him with a matchbox car or something every 5 or 10 stars??
    Tbh I don't know if he'll get the gist or if he would care, but it's a start!

I love how DH tells me that S is doing pretty well, until I remind him that he didn't go once on the loo yesterday! Lol

I'll just relax and go with the flow. He's at child care today and tomorrow, so easier for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok.....Q: e has developed a somewhat trying habit of sucking for long time before she goes down at night....she was on me for about 3o minutes, almost fell asleep then woke up as I was talking, she swapped sides and now is full of beans after feeding another half hour plus.? Is this normal for 7 month old?...it's friggin 9pm...ive been on the lounge for over one and half hours....I want to go to sleep and she ha s now woken up...she hasn't been going to bed til 10 pm....she has been doing this every night for a while I've realised...I feel like a human dummy....I've realised she won't now go to sleep without a boob in her mouth....I try to end the feed and she gets all grizzly, starts sooking it up etc....I feel like I have to do sleep and settle with her....which I hate, cos it involves crying inevitably....but FFs it's actually an unpleasant feeling when she isn't feeding but just nibbling on my boob for ages....dh has tried to settle her to sleep some night but failed.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - Evie did this from very early on and CHN watched me feed her and showed me how to tell if she's sucking or drinking by looking to see if she's drawing back with her jaw and swallowing. If she wasn't she was comfort sucking so I'd take her off, I had to do this & start using a dummy though to save my nipples because she was making them raw. I'm not sure if this would work for you at this point or if you'd want to try that. My issue now is getting rid of the dummy

MG - it's ping pong balls I was thinking of to put in the loo for target practice. I spoke to one of Evie's carers last week about TT and she suggested to bypass the nappy pants and go straight to undies and that once she's in the next age group room next year they will be more focused on TT and she will see other kids going and it might make her interested then so I'm going to wait. E saw her potty in the cupboard today & wanted to sit on it so I took her nappy off and let her sit there and read a book but she didn't do anything, once she lost interest I put it away, I've decided to try and get her use to the concept of sitting on it without her nappy but not be too focused on getting her to wee in it yet, if she does than that's a bonus at this point.
    That reward system sounds like the way to go and I've heard you have to make a real big fuss over them doing wees and poos.

Thanks
    Reviews

JFB. We were always told to have a regular bedtime routine which we've stuck to since about 4 months. H has dinner at 5:30. Bath at 6, bottle at 6:30 and bedtime at 7. Give or take half an hour we pretty much stick to that. By the time we put him in the cot he knows the drill and just rolls over and goes to sleep. I would think re the feeding to give her max 20 mins then take her off. I can remember being told that once they are about 6 months that they get all they need in about 10 minutes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, she feeds quickly in the day......I think it's her bedtime routine now.....ie suck on boobie for an hr plus cos its such a nice comfy way to go to sleep...ok...looks like I've let hr develop a naughty habit.....here come the tears.....mmmmm...one for dh, I might pull e ole I can't do it cos if she smells me routine hehehe....