Closed Thread
Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Just found this for anyone interested

Foods that contain calcium
    Children 1 to 3 years need about 500 mg of calcium per day, while children 4 to 8 years need about 700 mg.
    A 250ml glass of whole cows' milk contains about 165 calories, 9.5 gm fat , 8 gm of protein and 305 mg calcium. Low-fat milks contain at least as much calcium as whole cows' milk.
    Toddlers can get their calcium from drinking milk and/or eating foods that contain calcium.
    Other foods that contain calcium
    FoodAmount of Calcium
    Cheddar cheese - 20 gm130 mg calcium
    Cottage cheese - 20 gmonly 14 mg calcium
    Cream cheese spread - 24 gm67 mg calcium
    Fruit yoghurt - 1 X 200 gm tub250 mg calcium
    Natural yoghurt - 1 X 200 gm tub390 mg calcium
    Baked beans - ½ cup40 mg calcium
    Canned sardines (with bones) - 60g (½) tin200mg calcium
    Canned salmon (with bones) - 50g (¼ cup)100 mg calcium
    Broccoli and sesame seeds
    Smaller but useful amounts of calcium.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would be gob smacked if I ever came close to that with the girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehe...ok i used to poo around the side of my house for aagggeesss when I was little....I'm sure I did it up til like seven ....it was cos I had heard about the movie 'alligator' that swam up the dunny...and I remember being petrified that A piranha would bite my a$$ while on the loo...seriously I don't know how I even knew about these things at that age...mmmmm maybe I was even older ...my mum used to let us watch scary movies when we were young....like omg I remeber being so scared after I saw a movie about this nasty red eyed dog...errr bad parenting choice hat one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB I've been thinking more about E and the bottle. Having been through it with Scarlett I know how resentful you feel, and how tied to them you are. It's so damn frustrating to feel like you can't have a few hours to yourself.

But this is the last time you'll ever breast feed a baby. It's only 12? weeks til you go away? If you can basically stick to the 12 week challenge you can survive this. In a few short months she'll be completely independent in her feeding.

I know it sucks but maybe embrace the last few weeks and throw the bottles away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorry I hope it wasn't over stepping with that post. I just remember Scarlett's refusal to take a bottle wrecked the end of my feeding with her and I at least had the opportunity to "fix" it when I fed Marc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah, I get what you mean Sonja. I am hesitant to stop feeding Archie because I know he's my last. I don't want to regret, but geez, a night without the kids would be amazing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's the debate I've been having in my mind.....I was planning on bf E til she was around 10 month anyway.....I got cheesed off cos I thought I could control how I wanted to bf....and I was wrong.....I got a bit phooey the other week cos while I was out doing birthday things in the back of my mind I felt rushed to get home worrying that bub was screaming and starving...but she wasn't she just ate more food......I still make a bottle for her to play with but I've giving up trying to feed her from it

last night she ate from a yoghurt tube by herself....

but.......after I just weighed this morning I lost another 1.4kg this week AND I had no time to exercise AND I are three pieces of birthday cake.and a few sneaky lollies etc....thank you breast feeding.........so it's a mutual arrangement again

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a good 'health' plan JFB

I was toilet trained at 12mths (daytimes), and 18mths (completely day and night). But mum was at home full time, and I had an older sister so there was 'peer group pressure' which made me want to wear knickers like sis

Not looking forward to 'accidents' all over the house. It will be like having a young puppy again Fortunately, it is a fair way away for me, and I just have to deal with Stellas Poosamis which explode out of her nappy and end up over her tummy back and legs. Bath anyone????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Millie I've talked to my mum about this too. I was one of 4 and we were all TT'd by 12 months (my brother was at 9 months). It was so different then she had us in cloth nappies which were very inconvenient (not nearly as absorbant as the modern ones) and she did toilet timing where basically we were put on a potty or a toilet every hour or so - it usually took a lot longer. There's no reason why cognitively our generation "got it" earlier - it was just the way things were done back then.

I also think my mother conveniently "forgets" how many accidents we had and how long it took - like I'm sure I will in years to come.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls,

Congratulations Nessie on being PUPO!! Hope this embie is the one! Xx

I vaguely remember being toilet trained and helping train my younger cousins. Shame got fast results in those days, ie. making a kid feel dirty and disgusting about weeing and pooing in a nappy, it was a quick TT method but you wouldn't go near it in 2012 with all we know now about kids' emotional needs and letting them develop at their own pace! Back then though, it was just the done thing.

AFM - 8 weeks today. I saw Wilbur again on monday after a week of scary red bleeding. Turns out I have a growth on the cervix that is bleeding, so that will keep happening until I'm off pessaries. Baby looked good though, measuring 2 days ahead. I even saw his little legs move. He looks like Iggle Piggle!
    It is starting to sink in a bit I think, still pretty bewildered about all the choices ahead of me re: antenatal care and birth, but I'll work it out.

Smoosh the kids for me,
    PW xox