Closed Thread
Page 70 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kismet, h is currently going thru a peanut butter sandwich phase.....at least he is eating Special K advantage for breakfast today....he won't eat weet bix etc although mind u I don't blame him s I've always hated that too.

...think e is teething...tried to get dh to settle her last night but no dice.....of course as soon as me and my bbs walked in the room the sooking stopped...I also bought yet Another cup/ s to try her on....sigh....I know this sounds awful but I'm getting fed up with her not even trying to drink from anything else....im having visions of having to cancel my trip to melbourne in march even tho its three months away....this is just an unknown world to me compared to h....I think she is also using me as a dummy now as we'll to comfort suck.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I think Archie uses me for a comfort suck. It sucks!! He only really started drinking milk from a cup at childcare. He has only taken a cup from me a couple of times, but I don't offer midday boob anymore.
    I don't think I would be able to do nights away from Archie yet either. I doubt he would be able to do the cup for BOTH his feeds, if really any. He loves the snuggle too much.

We have started TT Spencer. We started Sunday. not too bad - though we have had a few "accidents". I don't think they are accidents at all though. Spencer it would seem, requires privacy - of a sort. Specifically he doesn't really like it if DH or I are there. He point blank refuses when we have asked if he needs to go. Yesterday he refused me then wee'd his pantsint he garden. Later that day though he told me and we went to the loo, and later that afternoon he came in from outside telling DH he wee'd int he garden and he did a great job himself, jut needed to tuck his old fella back in his pants, rather than walking around with it flopped out.
    Today, I kept asking him if he needed to go and then while he was running around the front of the museum, he had a great wee in his pants out the front window. Greeeeaaat!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Oh dear. I'm NOT looking forward to TT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB - I was in this position when I was going to Brisbane in March this year. We just used it as as opportunity for me to wean Marc. She'll be close to 12 months? Just wean her. Get her used to other forms of dairy / calcium and forget about the bottles. She won't need formula by then. That's what I'd do anyway.

MG - I am so not looking forward to the whole boy weeing in the garden thing. Girls are so civilised in comparison . Knowing Marc and his love for taking off his nappy and holding his penis he'll love the public wee. Now you've started chuck the nappies away and embrace it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by blondekelli View Post
    Oh dear. I'm NOT looking forward to TT!

Nope. It's not fun (I am NOT going to dress it up). But often the older they are the quicker it is. You'll be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

JFB. I think Henry's problem is he was used to the neonate (which tastes disgusting) but due to the new laws we can't get it for him anymore so are trying him on formula and he doesn't like the different taste. Have tried cows milk too but he doesn't like it. Sonja it's more about the fluid for us as he's not really into drinking water either and I worry he is getting dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    BK that would be stressful, particularly as you've had some really hot days there. Have you tried really diluted apple juice? My kids always drank heaps of water but if they weren't I give them really diluted cloudy apple juice. I know juice can create problems of it's own (Scarlett particularly used to drink far too much of the stuff) but if you are worried about fluid not sure what else to suggest. I used to also give Marc ice in one of those fruit cage things that you can put fruit into. Will he eat waterlemon?

Sometimes we try things do fix one problem which then lead to other problems, but I always focus on the main issue at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sonja we have kept nappies for naps and night. Or do you mean go totally cold turkey??

Well s had s big stinking poo ... In his jocks. And didn't tell me. And didn't seem to be bothered by it. And it was sloppy and foul. Not even a nice formed poo. I was with him in the bathroom with a bucket and flannel and he was trying to pick up the jocks and stepping in it. It was gross.
    And I'm a nurse. I don't get grossed out.
    And the bathroom stinks.

Argh.

I am laughing and crying at the sane time. I'm just hoping he will do this relatively quickly. He is just choosing not to use the loo

Thanks
    Reviews

Kel can you use hydralyte ice blocks or normal ice blocks too?

Sometimes I think I should just wean Archie.

Sonja - how much calcium is needed if the child has no milk?
    Last edited by moongazer; 04-12-2012 at 16:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sonja.....we have tried quite a few things now with he bottle drama, different ppl giving it to her etc, diff teats, different brands of formula...no love...I guess I just assumed that I would have it my way and have some freedom back now to go out at night etc....oh we'll...tbh I think it will happen as u suggest, I already over trying and she just HATES it so its stressful for everyone....

mg, oh ggggrreeat....I've put it, off for h, he isn't ready....I don't have the patience to spend weeks on it ....I was scared off watching my friend tt her boy...it just looked too hard and she was constantly on guard for accidents....we have bought a toilet seat as I loathe the whole potty thing...especially ppl who sit their kids on it in the kitchen and lounge room...ewwww that's just feral boganville.....he is starting to acknowledge that he has a wet happy but poo is a different story....good luck....willy's are not a girls best friend , they are dreadful nasty things lol...

well e has cut her first tooth....I so hope my nipples don't get chomped off.