Closed Thread
Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck pw and Nessie with your scans today!

thinki will have to ring tresillian or some magic worker.....bubby not having a bottle is starting to get on my nerves....I'm not due to go back to work til April but I have to kinda rearrange my life around my bbs for god sakes these days....ie yesterday dh stayed at his parents with kids while I went out as its an hour closer to the city where I was etc etc.....if anyone has any magic tricks I would be happy to hear them...she went nearly 6 hours without bb/ bottle yesterday....mmmmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB have you got save our sleep? She's apparently got a technique in her book to get babies to take bottles which I know a few mums have tried with success. Sorry I don't know what it is but it doesn't involve starving them until they take it apparently.

Sorry I can't really help Scarlett refused a bottle and I never pushed it with her and the others took it from day 1.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Jfb - You go girlfriend give him what for......

Nessie - I forgot to say yesterday good luck for your scan today (I think it's today) xxxxxxxxx

Kismet - Glad to hear you had a better day yesterday...bet you are loving that new car of yours........I love getting a new car......

Hello to everyone, hope you have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    PW - Good luck hun to you to for your first sighting of little Wilbur today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Good luck Nessie and picky on your scans today. X

Jfb - will E have ebm or formula from a cup? How old is she? Archie stopped having his midday feed at 11 months because we started child care. Sometimes he will have a drink of milk, sometimes refuses.
    He has never taken a bottle successfully. He is good with soppy cups though.

DH has always been pretty good with helping with bubs. He did go through a stage though where he kept tooting his own horn about how good he was, and how people always looked at him at the shops and thought he was a great dad etc. he shut up pretty quickly when I snapped at him how amazing he was and yes, I got the picture.
    Thing is he is great with his kids, but I don't call it babysitting. I call it parenting and it is what I expect from him.
    Sorry your DH can be a bit of a douche sometimes. Your DH's friend sounds like a real catch too. I have no idea why he would still be single ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck Picky and Nessie xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - Evie refused bottle too, she was 6 months when I tried to convert her and no way would she have a bar of it until I got my SIL to come over one day and she took it from her, only 50mls but it was a start. They smell you so want you. After this trick I would start with a bottle and fill her up on boob bcs she wouldn't drink anymore than 60mls for ages, then I dropped the boob feeds to only 1st feed in the morning and last feed at night and she gradually started taking more from the bottle then she refused me altogether, can't remember how long it took. I also found changing type of bottle seemed to help, I went from closer to nature to the avent bottles.
    Douche bag mate needs to take a hike, perhaps he keeps asking bcs DH keeps going? so I would have a go at his mate to mind his own freakin business and grow up.

Why is it that 2 year olds don't want you to do anything???? I can't go to the loo, or shower, get dressed or anything without E cracking it these days. Think TT will be a ways off now as she doesn't even like me to go.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have that book save our sleep....I will look for it but I have a suspcion that I threw it out...

kismet, I have thought about trying her on a bottle when she wakes at night...she seems to love the night feed and takes her merry time....I wax also going to just keep giving her spoons of formula during her feed to start getting her used to the taste....

mg,I will try the cup, I have tried that too but not with ebm.....

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PW - can't wait to hear how your scan went. Praying that you will have had your first sighting of a beautiful little Wilbur heartbeat.

Nessie - hope your scan goes well today too. xo

JFB - afraid I'm not much help in the bottle front as A was having bottle from word go due to losing weight so she was used to it. Shame you can't find the "old fart" a lady friend to keep him occupied and away from your DH Saturday nights.

AFM - stopped pill 4 days ago and AF still hasn't arrived. Wish it would hurry up and land. FN said 2-3 days after stopping pil, but body is not coming to the party grrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews

My current issue is Archie's resistance to the afternoon sleep.
    I tried him in one sleep and he is just exhausted and not ready for it. Some days he is managing just 40 minutes nap time.
    I have put him down for sleep and he has protested and cried and cried. I have tried to pat him. I have tried to leave him. I went in and boobed him up and he fell asleep instantly on me. Then when I put him back, he cries again.
    Seems he just wants to be held/bf for his afternoon nap, but I am NOT going up oblige with that. I'm getting sick of not having 1 minute to myself. It will happen soon enough when spencer drops his nap. I can't deal with Archie dropping yet.