Closed Thread
Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nessie - oops that was a big slipup hope things have settled down, I will be in touch soon.

JFB - I can remember when you were a running junky, so I know you will get back into it .

Picky - good luck tomorrow

Amum - you are brave going into a moshpit, I don't mind some nickleback songs others are a bit headbangerish so hope you don't come home deaf.

Moon - happy birthday to Archie , my goodness time has flown!

Sonja - I have busted the keyboard on my laptop once by hitting it in frustration, learned my lesson as it cost $100 to get it fixed. I get pretty shocked with myself sometimes when I lose it without thinking of the consequences

I was so excited yesterday when I picked up my NEW CAR!!, I have a lovely new Hyundai Accent and it is so great to get rid of my old bomb and have a sparkly new one...only problem is Evie hates it! She is absolutely terrified to get in it. I took her with me so she could say goodbye to the old one and hello to the new one but she threw a complete hysterical fit when I tried to put her in it, I've never seen her act like this before, my dad had to sit in the back seat with her but still couldn't calm her down and she behaves pretty much the same way each time we go anywhere, today she ran back inside when she saw the car in the garage and started crying refusing to leave the house. Once we are on our way she seems to calm down a bit but still very tense. I've tried reassuring her, letting her have some of her things in the car etc but she's just so frightened of it, I hate making her scared but what do I do, I have to get her use to it somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja: everything ok, it was just me being impatient as the computer was slow so I hit the laptop mouse in frustration and ooopass it stopped working...I'm afraid to say its not the first thing I've broken I get so little time to spend on the net when it's slow it's justs drives me nutsssss....

grrrrrrrrr...why is that when a man 'babysits' the kids for a few hours he thinks its a MASSIVE big deal and he deserves a freakin medal? I gave dh a serve.....ok so I went out tody and going out tomorrow , it's my 40th (gasp in horror) Tuesday, for his 40th he went out all weekend in the hunter, I babysat h the entire weekend.....don't I get the same ? So I got on my high horse, said forget it you're not going out tonight when he announced he was going out to poker ( not to mention he went out Wednesday and Thursday night this week) ....I should get the whole weekend too....I HATE how whenever I go out my dh just feels he is entitled to take off the second I get home....it's like he feels entitled to it...errr just irks me...feels like such a double standard after so many night I sit at home these days.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure what you do re your DH. I have the opposite I'm the one always getting time and feeling guilty that DH never really gets anytime away from the kids. Well, apart from work, working trips interstate and overseas, band practice twice a week, surfing ok maybe he does get time to himself. .

We really share it. I have boot camp twice a week and he does bedtime without me (not Lucy though) and I always go running Sunday morning. He never goes out on weekends anymore. Probably would if we were still in Melbourne but not here.

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

JFB. I had that discussion with my DH quite a while ago and he's been really good with it since we've had the second. He works long hours during the week and 4 hours sat morning and golf every second Sunday so I go out twice a week after work to a friends and on the weekends after work or golf I go out shopping or to the movies etc. I've just started running and he wants me to go before it gets dark so I go after H goes to bed at about 7. It's all about negotiation and compromise. And for me it's learning not to feel guilty about asking for time away from the kids!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Oh and he never goes out on the weekends anymore apart from golf or if we go out together. It's not something we really spoke about. I think it's just mutual acceptance that we have two high maintenance young kids and that's just how it's going to be for a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet I just read your thread, poor Evie, and poor you! God I wouldnt know how to handle that one. Luckily both our kids have been used to different cars from a young age thanks to MIL, hubby, Mum etc. They can be funny over the strangest things sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - Just had to say I had the same thing happen with Kade, I got a new car about 6 weeks ago and he hated it, threw the biggest tantrum and wouldn't get in the new car...it was horrible, he asked for our old car for a few weeks after, but it does settle, she will be fine but yep all normal behaviour i think...well for you and I it seems

PW - Good luck for your scan tomorrow....can't wait to hear what you see of little Wilbur......xxxxxx

Well i have to admit...the Nickleback concert was FANTASTIC.....I cannot believe how great there were.....soooooooooooooooooooooo good.....mosh pit was awesome, busted a few moves, have a couple of blisters and very sore legs today but it was all worth it......

Hope you are all having a great weekend and enjoying this hot weather (finally)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - glad you enjoyed the concert, I was apprehensive when I went to my 1st Bonjovi concert many years ago and loooooovvvvved it and have been a big fan since, I think I'd be the same with Nickleback, there's something about the singer that gets me going and I'd probably go weak at the knees like I did over Jon Bon Jovi (oh shut up Kath). We've had a better day in the car today so I guess it will just take some time.

JFB - Men! Get this...I have a friend whose partner never minds or does anything for their toddler, he has actually lost his job and still won't mind the child when my friend needs to go to work so she has to have the day off if she can't get her minded...now that is slack, oh and that's not all, he has never bought anything for his own child, my friend has paid for everything out of her own earnings...I think that's disgraceful & he is a fricken deadbeat and I would kick him to the curb, anyway that's another story. On the other hand there are plenty of dad's that do a fantastic job with sharing the load with their kids without question, I wish there was someway you could make your DH understand that and that you deserve free time too especially for your birthday, I mean doesn't he get happy wife means happy life

Thanks
    Reviews
    He didn't go out hehehe....he has been ok since we had bub2 but he just loses it when he starts going out every sat nite....we've had the Convo a million times...what irks me the most is he recently said oh your a homebody...um no I'm friggin not....I've got a bf 7 month u douce bag....and when gives me no notice that he intends to go....anyway I didn't feel guilty so f him..... His sat nite pal is 10 yrs older and has no young kids , it peeves that he rings and asks dh to go Every weekend...it's like get a mate your own age....f off old fart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, you always crack me up