Closed Thread
Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Hee hee. Spencer usually can't care less what he wears. Sometimes he is definite about an item he doesn't want to wear, but otherwise, I choose. My problem is he will run away from me every time I need to change his nappy and change his clothes. It is a constant battle. He thinks he is bring endearing. Needless to say they are NOT the thoughts running through my head.

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha jfb.
    In this house:

Me :Spencer, what do you want to wear/ eat etc etc.
    spencer: maybe Gino will come with the lawn mower.
    M: spencer, what will you eat?
    S: will Gino get the lawn mower out? And the whipper snipper. And the blower vac? And the zhoom zhoom??
    M: spencer, WHAT are you going to eat?
    S: will Gino get the lawn mower out?

Insert total ignorance of my questions and total concentration on what he us interested in. Of course the lawn mower is almost interchangeable with peppa pig

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahaha thanks girls. Jfb and MG, after a very hard day you girls made me laugh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amberly's still a few months off two, so I'm a little behind most of you but it's already starting with her too. My easy going little girl is starting to demand things go her way or throws a tantrum. She's started throwing herself on the floor and putting the arms straight up so it's difficult to pick her up and throwing tanties when we have to leave the park or go inside..... so not expecting good things for the future and yes it is sounding Very normal, it would just be nice if the striving for independence came without the tantrums.

Thanks for all the feedback re working. Ended up declining the job as they had to have an answer first thing this morning and I couldn't get care for Amberly .... But am now seriously thinging about setting up for Family Day Care in my home. Have done the required studies and it means I have my own business with Amberly at home with me but she will still get to interact with other little ones. Figure if I do it 3 days per week, that still gives me some sanity time. Probably won't do anything until the new year though.

Kismet, might be something you could consider too?? Saves having to worry about finding the right days for care for Evie.

Thanks
    Reviews

Alittle I am about to start FDC too. Had a training at the office today and the service (scheme) let us take a whole bunch of new toys, bikes and scooters from their toy library as well as little cot beds! So great, and a bit of a relief as I sent every toy I had with Miss K and was going to have to start from scratch. I will start mine in December. PM me if you want to chat.

Ladies, all these those toddler antics have me bone tired just hearing about them! You're all doing awesome. It's such a hard job.

AFM I'm 6 weeks today, first scan next Monday. I feel a bit queasy after lunch but other than that feel very normal. Hope the little embie is okay in there. I have nicknamed him Wilbur, after the piglet in Charlotte's Web. The scientists wanted to send him to the 'knackery' because he was the runt of the litter, but I begged them to let me keep him and raise him, and well, here we are... Where that is exactly, we will know Monday.

Wondering how Nessie's cycle is going... ?

Push the kids on the swing for me, nice and high, with all the sound effects.

Kisses,
    PW xoxo
    Last edited by PickyWickles; 21-11-2012 at 08:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

PW - That sickness sounds great I've been sending out prayers into the universe for you........and i have everything crossed....what time is your scan????

Hello to everyone, hope you have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bk: glad u felt better. My other trick is to say its a Spider-Man outfit etc and h will usually accept it haha.

Ok we'll....I've survived 3 days of Michelle bridges...the toning exercises yesterday nearly killed me and I felt sick doing the ab work....so far manged 3 out of 3 days of exercise.....lost 2.2kg in 2 days ......fluid I guess.....mmmmm well......maybe I did really eat like $hit lol b4.....feel good but had to take some pan adenine to get to sleep as body was SORE!!!!

good luck pw for that first scan..it's nerve wracking!!!!,

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a typical toddler morning in this house today: E wakes 6am already banging on side of cot having a tantrum (unusual to wake up this early and upset), go in to find she has tossed her dummy and blanky and now whinging about it, mum not happy and says it's going in the bin as she's throwing it around alot lately, more hysterics (I lied, I didn't throw it out). Get her up and put toons on...wants iggle piggle, no hi hi (waybaloo), no teletubbies and I say no this one's staying on here is your drink and toast I'm going back to bed (don't usually do this but have headache & I can hear what she's up to anyway), next minute Evie is jumping on bed with 2 large books then decides to jump on bed like trampoline. We get up as I take the hint. All morning continues with whingeing and more whingeing, she lost it because I wanted a shower, ignore her have shower, ignorance is bliss as the shower drowns out some of the noise & she finds something to do once she knows she's not getting her own way....next she doesn't want to get dressed but repeating shoes on shoes on SHOEEEEESSSSS OOOOOONNNN, bubbles bubbles BUBBLESSSSS!!! meanwhile throwing fit cos I'm not quick enough getting out the door, I tell her not to yell and if she keeps up the bad behaviour she won't be going outside at all she will be sitting on the naughty spot instead. We go outside and go for a walk, wants to stop at my friends house bcs they have a trampoline, we go there but do you think I could get her off it without a hissy fit, I walk off without her and she follows (always works ) go back inside for some morning tea but I'm not allowed to do anything but entertain her otherwise she carries on. By this stage I'm over it (it's only 10am) and decide to get in car go to park and get fish & chips for lunch as I know this will shut her up and wear her out Decide to leave when I think she's had enough & after a little '$hit' decided to throw wood chips and dirt in her face and she has it everywhere, we get another hissy fit for leaving, I calmly throw her over my shoulder and head off & she waves goodbye to the park. Back home & she's been asleep for the past 2 hours thank god (sigh). I've also had a nap and my headache is gone. The day isn't over yet, I hope she wakes up in a better mood than she was this morning .
    I'm sitting here thinking she's just having a bad day, I haven't been around much lately and she's been upset everytime I've had to leave her, she's tired and out of whack, tomorrow will be a better day

Alittle - um no thanks just my child is enough, lol....only kidding. I have thought about it but I don't have the room or yard for FDC. I do know a couple of ladies that do it and it works well for them. One has just had her 3rd child so has given it up for awhile unfortunately cos I wanted to hit her up to have Evie & would have been handy. The other one lives too far from me.

JFB - that's a great loss in 3 days keep up the good work

PW - for scan, hoping your little Wilbur is nice and snug

Evie still asleep, must have needed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB yu should be feeling very proud of yourself. Awesome work and good on you for sticking at it.

PW, exciting having scan of Wilbur... bet you're impatiently waiting for Monday. .... and good luck with starting your family day care. Would love to hear what you think once you get going.

Kismet, don't worry, I've thought the same, but I do love working with children and am hoping that the extra company will stop Amberly from getting bored and having some little playmates to bond with.... it will force me to be more proactive in organising fun activities too. I'll just ease myself into it slowly...

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm going to attempt to go for a run tonight after the kids go to bed. Haven't run since my back surgery about 7 years ago. I need a bra for my jelly belly. Haha