Closed Thread
Page 59 of 122 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok a bit or a rant here, but I want to know if this kind of behaviour is normal 2 yo stuff!

Ruby can be the most lovely, loving little girl, but on a bad day, or more to the point, when she is not getting exsctly what she wants, she turns into a tyrant! Some days from the moment she gets up, its whinge this, 'I want peppa pig, another pepper pig' in a whiney half crying voice, or she is literally having a sooky tantrum because Henry has touched her flat bear, or I havent attended to her straight away.

This morning I was trying to get her ready for childcare and went to put a dress on her and she starts whinging that she doesnt want that dress. I put it on her anyway and she chucks the biggest tantrum that I take it off and ask her what she wants to wear. We go up to her room and everything I suggest end up in a meltdown. I ask her what she wants to wear but to no avail. By the way, her language is so good that we can easily discuss everything and there is no frustration for her in getting across what she wants. So a few stints in the naughty dorner later and numerous attempts to get something on her I end up having to hold her legs and just put some pants on. She finally calms down. But it is so exhausting! She is so bossy and demanding! Is this just normal terrible two's stuff do you think??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel -I have the exact same problem with Kade, he has those days when he is tired, nothing soothes him.......I have even held his legs down while getting him dressed. He also speaks very well and you can have a full on conversation with him so there is no chance of him not getting his point across...seriously some days i just have to walk away from him........I think we have been going thru the terrible 2's for the last 2 years he is far to smart for his age....he has just told me to type softly as he can't hear the TV...OMG

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amum, that is something Ruby would say!. If Im having a conversation with someone she will be in the background with a stern look on her face going 'Shoosh!, you are making too much noise, meanwhile she is happy to scream the whole house down! Ive had to just put her in her room and let her scream it out sometimes. Its so exhausting!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Yep. Sounds like this house too. Looks like it must be normal behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Completely normal. I am of the view that calm, rational behaviour in a 2 or 3 year old is abnormal.

Kel one thing we did with Scarlett was we have all her clothes she can wear to preschool in drawers that she can access. From when she turned 2 she has been choosing her own clothes and often getting herself dressed. We were having far too many fights and this helped a lot. Her main problem is shoes - she loves shoes and takes forever every morning to decide which pair she wants to wear (my fault - she has FAR too many pairs of shoes - like me). So again she now has a basket of shoes near the front door which she chooses her shoes from and I make sure they are always put back there.

There have been times in the morning when I wanted to throw a pair of shoes at her, and when I've lost it. It feels awful as I know it's just her trying to be more independent (which is a good thing.) Personally, I think it often comes down to too much choice. I never ask her what she wants to wear once she starts getting upset as I've found it escalates, as bascially she doesn't know what she wants to wear. I calmly remind her where her clothes are and redirect her back into choosing from there. It's taken a loooong time to get there but mornings are now quite easy. It also helps that Lucy and her share a room and Lucy often helps get her dressed.

Having been through it twice now, and about to start with Marc, my take on it is they're struggling with learning to do things for themselves and wanting to do more and more independently, rather than being a language problem.

I've definitely found once Scarlett got to 3 and a half life got a lot easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone!

Sonja, some great ideas there. Sorry I couldnt take your call, Im at work xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That's ok sometimes I just don't feel like typing

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK - yep getting similar here, Evie wants to pull off her pants etc when she doesn't want to wear them and it's usually a battle between us getting dressed. Sonja has hit the nail on the head. I find Evie wants to choose but not quite sure how to yet so I give her some options,, however if I just don't have the time or patience I just have to cope with her meltdowns. She will whinge all day if she wants her favourite cartoons on and doesn't understand why a particular one isn't on. It's all a learning curve for both us and them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet,
    thank you for your great reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ******* peppa pig.......

yep the clothes, I want blue no green noooooooooo Blueeeeeeee.

more peppa pig more peppa pig mooooooooorrrrree pppeeeeeeeeeppppppa pig

want shoes onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....after taking them off

if the baby cries too loud for his liking....NOOOO BUBBY NNOOOOOOOOOO

lol...they are all the same.