Closed Thread
Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB absolutely say something ... Kids learn by example so that is AT LEAST a reason to be patient with them even when they are buggers! AND she is a professional so should know better. AND you are paying them to CARE for your child. If the worker does not have the patience or discipline tools to deal with a cranky toddler she should to be there.

Question dear experts....
    two actually .....

Indy is feeding at 6pm then going to bed, a feed at 10pm and a feed at 2am then 6 am, this is a routine he has developed himself and we just follow it ... He's happy no trouble with going to sleep etc etc ... But at 4 months should he be sleeping through? We have started trying to cut the 2am feed by settling him back to sleep ... Which is working .. And he's now waking at 5am instead of 6 but goes back to sleep after a feed, that's fine.... am I doing the right thing cutting out the night feed? Or is he still too little and needs the feed?

next question ... Starting solids ... When did you start and what are your experiences? Thoughts on baby led weaning or purée?

THANKS WISE ONES

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fionaalice View Post
    But at 4 months should he be sleeping through?

Sorry - if you are asking me, no at 4 months none of my kids slept through - it took a lot longer than that for us. Lucy slept through occasionally once she got to 6 months (eg once every 2 months) but then not consistently until she was 15 months, Scarlett very rarely and not consistently til she was over 3 yo and Marc still doesn't sleep through (he's 20 months).

But they stopped getting night feeds usually around 12 months (ie when I weaned). I know Tweddle now have the view bf babies realistically will wake once a night for a feed until about 9 months.

Personally, for me I think what you're doing is fine. I used to work towards a feed at around 2 then another 4 to 5 hour stretch before waking. Or a dream feed at 10 then another feed at 4am to get them to stretch to 7. This was my goal from around 6 to 8 months.

Sounds like he's doing everything well and so are you.

I should add this is all breastfeeding - if he's weaned I've no idea if it's different.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    E is still waking 2 times a night for a feed...goes down at 9ish....wakes at 12 or 1 then will wakes again at 4".....but this varies.....sometimes she will only wake once but that is if she goes to later....personally I don't think she is sleeping enuf at night and want to drop the 12 feed as waking 2 times is killing me tbh....can I ask did u resettle him yourself or did dh do it to drop a feed....? If she sees me she screams for a feed and I haven't even true to resettle her yet......but the time is nigh.......and no my kids haven't slept thru...H did from bout 12 months.with training...I believe the average age is 12 months.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (17-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Fiona not sure I'm the best one to ask either as my experience is heavily sleep school orientated! 4 months is still very young though so I think where his at seems to be fine. The only thing I would suggest is trying to resettle at the 2am feed rather than feed, maybe try for 3 nights and see if you get a result. We were advised to start Henry on solids at 4 months. He was obviously ready as he was more than happy to eat. We did a dream feed at 10pm up until about 8 months. Henry still goes through stages of waking overnight, he doesn't need a feed but I give him one anyway to help him back to sleep. Most nights though he sleeps from 7pm til 5-6am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - the last 2 nights where we have resettled him DH has done it ... No chance I can ... I can barely hold him for 5 mins during the day without him nuzzling in wanting a feed ... So yep screaming for mummy here too.
    He seems o be coping with the resettle but I worry if I'm starving him!
    Though I guess he'd cry more if he were hungry right?

any advice on solids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oops yes re solids we did baby led weaning with all 3. I love it and find it really easy to fit in with my life. All my kids loathed puréed food.

I started Lucy at 6 months and in hindsight it was way too late. Scarlett started at 4 months and Marc at 3 and a half.

Thanks
    Reviews

My kids slept through from about 9 months I think. Still up and down though. I am a BF too. DH has to resettle at night if we try that, otherwise A is clamouring for my boobs. A generally sleeps from 7ish until 6-6:30ish now. 4 months is def too early to sleep right through unless it comes naturally. We didn't try resettling until after 6 months as I like to let bub lead for those first 6 months. Remember that when he gets to a wonder week stage he will want to eat more.
    Weaning we did at 5.5 months for both the boys. Archie was def ready for it. He was reaching out and grabbing everything. Spencer was not ready, but I was eager, so we ended up stopping and waiting another couple of weeks.
    We use purée, but Archie is def more interested in BLW. He loves feeding himself. I'm trying to feed him more this way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (18-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sonya - when did you start giving the kids meats and how did you introduce it for BLW?
    A has eaten lots of meat ground up, but whole pieces of meat freak me out a bit!
    He chowed down chunks of chicken with no problem the other day. Not sure how to introduce pieces of red meat.
    I already do meatballs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting re blw.....e hasn't been too fond of purée at All!!!! My pumpkin and carrots have been dry retched....so far she will tolerate fruit purée....I don't know much about blw...what should I give her? She has only been on solids since 6 months.....H was not not a good eater at first but I'm sure he ate better than her......

Thanks Fiona....I have asked dh to start to resettle her when he goes on Arvo shift in a week...last night she did only wake once..omg what a difference!