Closed Thread
Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

PW -Have you done any home preggy tests to see those wonderful 2 lines.....I think i did a few just to be sure i wasn't going crazy....
    Yep read up lovely on all the things you can't have....are you eating your kiwi fruit still........I did until 10 weeks........and did you go back onto asprin or clexane yet???? I also took the pregnancy and breastfeeding vitamins you buy over the counter, i think they were natures own or blackmores but have a look at those as well...hey take anything that you can i say, anything that is good for you and bubba.
    STAY AWAY from pineapple as well.....and don't eat......
    Processed meats
    Soft cheese
    Soft serve ice cream
    Shell fish

I'm sure there is more but that is what i can think of at the moment, maybe the girls could add to the list for you....oh my this is exciting.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I'm glad to hear the bleeding has stopped and you are some what ok.....I have been thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh for some reason I can read on my phone but the app won't accept my password. Annoying...

Thanks for your good wishes girls!

Amum - yep I stocked up the Clexane, antibiotics etc. Thanks for the hints - I am a total pregnancy rookie, Little Miss Know It All now knows absolutely nothing!!! Think I am getting a touch of MS already so will bend your ears on that if it settles in.

I went in to Big W yesterday to buy a pack of HPTs but I still couldn't do it, I stood in front of them and had a flashback to that blank white window, started sweating and walked out, same as usual Im kind of glad, there is nothing I can do to change it if it is bad, eg if the line was light or dwindling, so I'm not going to worry right now. Just take each week as it comes. My lining was thin, only 6.4mm, so the next big milestone is getting past the point where embie might run out of endometrium and hit the basal layer, at about 6 weeks. I have a scan this Friday but don't expect to see much, will only be 5 weeks 4 days.

The thing is, even if it doesn't go all the way *knock wood*, I feel like I've already won. This BFP has proven to me that I CAN get pregnant. That has given me so much hope for the future.

P xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    PW re food and vitamins, apart from caffeine and alcohol I didn't do anything diffently with pregnancy 2 and 3. I didn't even take all the vitamins I was supposed to with Marc just couldn't be arsed trying to remember. Personally if I were in your position I'd see a naturopath who has a lot of experience with pregnancy and find out what you need. I saw a fabulous one in Melbourne before we moved to perth and it really gave me peace of mind about what I actually needed vs what the drug companies told me I needed.

But that's me. I did eat soft cheese occasionally. I got very sick from lettuce (it's a real problem during pregnancy and is a major cause of listeria). There is a lot of information out there. Read everything and work out what suits you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picky I think thats a GREAT attitude to have, and was the only thing that my FS every cared about. The fact that I had been pregnant before to him was clear evidence that I was going to get pregnant again... even though it took us 11 stim cycles to do it, he was right! He said that the failure rated were the people that had never been pregnant and probably never would, that if you knew you could get pregnant it was just a matter of time... not that it will be an issue for you, because you ARE preggers, and im sure you will stay that way! Cannot wait for your scan results, we are all so so excited for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Picky I am so excited to see this news. Woohoo enjoy and just take it one day at a time. 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PW - Woohooooo!!!!! Has it all sunk in yet? It will happen day by day as you experience the MS, and then the bump and finally when you think 'wow, this is really happening', you'll have a and be on . Soooo happy for you

JFB -Sorry H has been sick. Poor thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning all

alittle: hope u are feeling a bit better. i think u well and truly deserve the chocolate diet.

PW: i beleive that the health authority changed some "rules" i noted between baby 1 and 2....u could eat soft cheeses that were cooked etc....i also ate ham off the bone second time and i did sneak a few raw (organic) eggs in cake batter i confess too.....

ladies WDYT about this : yesterday when i picked H up from daycare....as i was walking up i saw him out the back being walked quickly , almost being pulled, crying , up towards the play area....so i assumed when i wnet out back he would be near the back door but he wasnt so not sure if it was him...anyway when i got out the back he was being carried down towards the play area by a worker...i saw him crying and i saw him hit her in the face..the worker put him down but she did really quite roughly and sorta pushed him forward kinda roughly..like it was a few second incident but i felt odd with her being what looked to me as a little bit too rough with him....i know he just hit her in the face and H has been rather feral lately and i know how it makes u feel when u get hit in the face aka cranky but i felt that the force was just a tad on a rough side and it felt bad seeing someone else use this on MY child.....the worker knew i has seen her do this. so i probably just caught her in a bad moment BUT these are the kind of things u worry goes on when u arent there....i guess why it bothered me is that i saw the worker react with ANGER towards H (god knows i have but a worker??).....should i say something to the boss? ive never really had any issues there....but my mind keeps ticking over it. my mum said i should go pick H up at a different time/s and watch them without announcing im there etc???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

JFB - I think you nailed it. She put her hands on a child in anger. That is a critical fact and is the point where reaction or discipline becomes abuse.

As a carer of abused kids and I can tell you, it is the most dangerous thing because the child feels unsafe and feels FEAR when they read the angry signals and it is then associated with touch to their body. That is actually the first thing I tell my foster kids when they arrive and we go over my home rules: "I may lead you by the hand to the naughty corner, I may kneel down and put my hands on your arms when I am trying to get your attention, but I promise I will never put my hands on you in anger." I would absolutely be reporting it and question whether child care is the career for that worker, as she has crossed a line that should never, ever be crossed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PickyWickles For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with PW. I am far from a perfect parent (far from it) but I have never put my hands on my kids in anger. We do not smack in our house for any reason whatsoever as I grew up with a mother who smacked in anger and I still to this day remember feeling fear and humiliation. Sme people are able to smack without it being in anger but I feel personally for me the line is too easy to cross so I don't touch my kids ever if I'm cross.

I would be saying something. If H feels fear, or upset about childcare, it can have a lot of knock on effects onto his behaviour with sleep etc so I would be speaking up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (13-11-2012)