Closed Thread
Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG, smilling at Spencer's obsession with lawn mowers and whipper snippers.... If you're lucky the annoying obsession will turn into a useful one when he starts getting out and doing the garden for you. AFM, surgery knocked me about a bit and I'm feeling rather wiped out. That and the horrible tablet I had to take last night which had me doubled over in agony, bleeding like crazy and on the toilet so many times I lost count. I was dry reaching and seeing stars it was that bad. Scary, but over now thank goodness. I was supposed to take another one of those nasty tablets this morning but refused to. Praying that this will be the end of it all and I can now try and move on. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alittle:

MG: Ruby is a HUGE whinger and whiner too, unless she is getting EXACTLY what she wants, which is near impossible with Henry around, cos what she really wants is my 100% undivided attention! Im really hoping the full on whingy whiny thing is a stage! Had a good laugh over the mowing obsession!

Henrys been grizzly now for about a week. Ive lost my wonder week app, but I bet he's right in the middle of one. It sucks when they wake up grizzly and you know you've got about 3 more hours of it til they go down again! I have these horrible mouth ulcers at the moment. Have had them for about 4 weeks, and at the moment I have one on the inside of my lip that is the BIGGEST Ive ever seen, about half the size of a 5 cent piece. So painful and frustrating. I never really get outwardly frustrated with the kids but the last few days my fuse has been really short, just sick of the constant pain. Yuk! Get blood tests back today so hopefully they can find a cause and I can get some treatment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds awful Kel. Hope you get it sorted out soon. I've had a few staph infections this year that have been incredibly painful and really ugly to look at - doctor thinks it's from being run down (ie an old mum). Yuck! Some days I felt like I was living in the 1800s and had boils. I find it really hard maintaining my cool with the kids - you're doing better than me. I feel so guilty as I grew up with an angry mother and hated it. There's always a reason to forgive myself for it but at the end of the day it's not helpful anyway. Yet one more thing to work on.

Alittle it all sounds so awful. Hope it's all over now

Thanks
    Reviews
    h just got sent to his room for trying to kick his sister in the head.........2 yo try anyones patience!

yep i get the being "run down" diagnosis most times whne i go to docs now..that and MRSA infection in my finger earlier this yr....yuck kel hope it gets better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I think its old woman with young kids syndrome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats right..my SIL is 26 yo with a 7 month old......too bad when i was that age was on a contiki tour, blind drunk every night, smoking 1/2 pack ciggies a day and generally enjoying life whilst having a so called quater life crisis that amounted to not sure about my job choice.....ahhhhhh it was fun.....i dont regret it at all!!!! no infected fingers in sight...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like we all have whingey whiny kids , it is definately an age thing, well I hope so anyway.....I've smacked Evie a couple of times lately (shame on me) but it sorted her out, she has been just so naughty and I don't appreciate a high kick to the head when I'm changing her, oh and she pulled my hair today in temper, the naughty spot seems to be working for now at least and it's getting a good workout. Her obsession is bubbles, I have to be constantly outside with her when we are home to wave the bubble wands around, if I run out of them there is a melt down, so she's getting a bubble machine for xmas. I suppose karma is bighting me in the a$$, mum always told me it would. Apart from all Evie's 'moments' she still makes me laugh, she is really funny & cute at the moment.

Alittle

BK - hope it's not serious

JFB - MRSA can be serious, hospitals don't like it if you have to go in they will put you in a room on your own and gown themselves up as if it's the plague, that's what happens to my niece whenever she's in hospy, she caught it after an operation, bonus to get a room to yourself though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i reckon i got it from the last c section / hopsital stay.....i felt like a total wuss when i went to the docs but my finger was killing me.........i know the GP left several messages for me to come in and discuss it i wasnt expecting mrsa tho...

i absolutely hate smacking H but i too have done it a couple of times..ive found if i scream ( imean SCREAAAAAAAAAAMMMM like a nutcase) he stops as well...i hate being punched and kicked!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Mrsa is only really serious when it gets into wounds, so hospitals are very intense about quarantine. In Adelaide you need to have 3 cleared swabs, at least a week apart, to be cleared and not automatically sent to a side room.
    If it gets in wounds, often you will need Iv anti biotics to clear it, and they are white hard core antibiotics. Then in a long round of oral antibiotics. I'm speaking more of unhealing or I devoted surgical wounds which test positive.
    You can be swabbed as having Mrsa under your armpits or nose, etc and will be quarantined but not treated. Mrsa lives in soil as well. It is found everywhere. It is also killed by sunlight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moon - yeh the niece I mentioned tested positive from nose swabs & always gets quarantined (she's often in hospy), when she had her baby they kept him away from the other babies in ICU until his swabs came back clear.

JFB - we have some little tigers on our hands don't we!