Closed Thread
Page 40 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been way to long since I've been here. So tired 1st trimester that I've just been falling asleep so quickly at night. We've also had a tough week. So little sleep for the last 5 nights as my poor little Amberly has had high temps of 38.7 - 39.3 coughing all through the night and waking up crying because she is feeling so miserable. When I went in to calm her at 3am this morning, her eyes were glued together and nose all glued up with green muck and her poor little lips so dry. Some more Panadol, warm face washer to clear her eyes to see and some vaseline on her mouth and poor little crusted red nose to soften it all to remove and then snuggles in bed with mum finally setteld her for a few hours and our 3rd visit to the doc has her on antibiotics now as she also has an ear infection on top of all that. Can't believe she still manages a smile and little waves through her watery eyes to everyine in the surgery today. Doc gave her a lollipop she was such a good girl. She didn't know what to do with it, but was so chuffed with her new possession. Hoping we get dome good sleeps and good health back soon.

Nessie, you're going great guns with the fitness - wow, you must be feeling great. Have always wanted to run, but never persevered long enough to get comfortable with it. Yep, the Wazza pill regime is huge, but what can I say other than "it works". . I had a scary amount of injections... hopefully you're not having to jab too much.

Minibar, so nice to hear from you. Your little Jade sounds gorgeous and wow how time flies.... nearly 2!

Kismet, so glad your mum has been a little better. Have been thinking of you. Really hope she stays that way for some time.

JFB, LOL... I'm doing my best to send you some of our rain... can't bare the thought of you feeling like your being pi$$ed on by an old geezer.

Amum, am going to the Styletread website after this to check it out. Sounds like you had fun! Hope you were paid well

12 week scan in Wednesday. Not really feeling awt all pregnant as nausea has gone and just tired. Hope bubs is ok in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minibar - great to hear from you.

alittle - poor little amberly
    Let us know how you go on Wednesday. I am sure bubba is growing nicely in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alittle - poor Amberley, we've had about a month of it, starting with the gunky eyes. I want to get some photos done of Evie but she now has a teething rash all over her mouth from dribbling and still has snotty nose. Our poor little munchkins . Goodluck Wednesday, don't worry I was the same when I was utd, just tired nothing else (haven't stopped being tired!)

JFB - yes Evie got assessed but there were no red flags, however they still kept her on the waiting list to see the speechie as it's better to check them out when they're a bit older, at Evie's age they're developing at different paces. She's now counting 1-10, saying random alphabet letters, identifies colours, shapes and animals, most other things are a babble, but I think she's ok. Cracks me up when I hear her singing, she gets the tunes right of twinkle star and row your boat but makes up her own babble words, very cute. I asked dr if she will need grommets cos she's had quite a few ear infections but he dismissed it. Evie still uses a dummy for sleep but lately it's getting difficult to get it off her with her teething wanting it most of the time, I hide it from her but all hell breaks loose, wouldn't be helping I suspect. Thinking Santa might be taking it away from her
    Must have been a bit scary for you to get your colestrol result , how have you been going cutting back? I keep telling myself I will be a diabetic before I'm 50 but still slack off, I'm so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: yep i admit i was expecting it to be still be above normal but i was that it had gone up....made me really think about what i eat and mmmm i was eating either a cake, or some biscuits or a chocolate EVERY day..also ice cream doc said was bad and thru last pg with E i craved ice cream...but i do wonder that on the lite and easy my fave dinner was the satay chicken and even tho it was diet version i guess it still had the bad fats in it...i do have a family history of hi chol, my sister has to take meds and my dad once had a chol of +12 ..anyway i was really good all week until i went to the movies and had a neenish tart but i didnt really even enjoy it...today i wasnt so good as we went to some markets and i ate a slice but ive had no choc..anyway overall 90% good...i mean i still have what...20+kgs to lose to get back to pre ivf weight but i feel like my jeans are definately this week ..god it would be NICE to feel attractive again...i agree all kids seem to develop at different paces...H only just started stringing short sentences together in the past 2 weeks...b4 that he seemed to stagnate at a certain phase of speech then boom he just took off again... i also made an effort to say words slowly to him and repeat things in a silly story etc...now he is like a parrot in the past week. its a good age i find right now cos they are starting to really communicate and we can joke etc.

alittle: poor A, she sounded so sick. its just awful when they are that unwell. im sure H had many times when he was ill with ear infections b4 i realised it. hope she is feeling better. good luck with your 12 wk scan.

good luck nessie.

anyway it wasnt an old geezer peeing on me..it was us not changing the filter on the tank....now its back to full flow .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else experienced an issue with the mobile app? Ever since I upgraded my operating system I can use bubhub on my phone anymore, really annoying as thats how I mostly get to post.

Alittle, my first pregnancy my morning sickness stopped at 10 weeks which is really normal as thats when the placenta takes over. Good luck for Wednedsay, gee thats seems to have gone fast (not for you I guess).

Well Ive started a little side business selling designer childrens invitations, baby thank you cards, baby shower and personalised invitations, so if anyone is interested let me know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK; might hot u up for some for E first bday! good luck with it.

Q for those who BF + 6 months: E is getting her first tooth, i can feel it on my bb, hasnt broke thru yet but my bb hurts a bit where her tooth will come thru as she is obviously pressing on it when she feeds...do all bubs bite u when they get teeth? i hope not...she is 100% bb fed and im hoping to continue til i almost get back to work but likewise dont wont my nipple shredded off!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - the bh app has been offline for a bit now. Look in tech section and apparently the are working on a new one, but say use the mobile website for now. Very annoying as I find it difficult to use the mobile website. Much prefer the app.

JFB - sometimes they bite when testing out their teeth. The idea is to not react too much, and to take baby off breast and plonk on the floor. They are meant to get the idea that biting results in no boob and no real reaction. Hard to do. Spencer only bit me about 3 times. Archie has taken me by surprise a few times now, and as I have reacted he thinks that's great and has done it a few more times. I have tried not to react the last couple of times, and popped him off the boob and on floor. DH said he looked really confused as to why the boob had disappeared. He hasn't bit me for a few days now.
    Generally teeth don't affect feeding.

I think Archie is going to be tough to wean. He is a bit addicted to boob and I am trying to cut him down a bit so he eats more food and we are feeding 3 times a day. He tends to whinge for a bit more at times and I cave in. He just loves loves loves to suckle. Spencer used to be in and out with feeds. Archie lingers....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Jfb - Kade only bit me a couple of times, he must have known it hurt me, so he was a good baby to feed, even with quite a few teeth, I did say OUCH when he bit me and he looked startled but I think they know somehow.....

Moong - Kade was tough to ween, as was I, I didn't want to give it up but at 18 months old it was time.......loved every second of it....good on you girls for feeding them.....such a lovely time.

Kel -Love your invitations on FB........will come to you when i need some for the boys......

Finally some lovely warm weather.......

Hi to everyone, hope you are all having a great day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I had 2 completely different experiences with bf'ing babies with teeth. Marc got a nice set of teeth and I still fed him til 12 months without any dramas. If it ever did graze I applied Lanisoh to the area and that worted it out. Scarlett on the other hand bit me til my left nipple nearly fell off. It was horrendous and nothing I tried discouraged her. I had to persist though to 12 months as she had complete bottle refusal. In the end I worked out how to feed her without her touching the sore part. Story of my life really - nothing has been easy with my darling middle child!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hope she isnt a biter..im a real wuss with pain....
    sonja: i see differences in DS and DD temperment already...E s quite "stable" and happy most of the time whereas H was always more volatile and up and down..he can giggle hysterically yet also be very stroppy...i will only get a few giggles from E whereas H i can make laugh repeatedly over the sme thing..E is chilled. and yes MG H was a lingerer and painfully slow, E is a quick feeder which is why i think ive lasted so long with Bf this time..also its nice not having the "rush" to TTC again like i had with H which put a downer on the whole thing too.

cold here....poo...kids have had runny noses all week....just got over a sore thraot that lasted 2 months as well damn it.