Closed Thread
Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

kismet: hope ur mum is ok now, its sounds very distressing. i know elderly can get delirium with infections / UTI's etc as well.

sorry ive gine to post a coup,e of times and just never finished....been a shoddy week, not as bad as some but H again ended up at docs..he got a rash just as we were about to go the beach so drove all the way hime but it was gine by the time we git there...some type pf allergy..sorry cant even type...whole has just been riving in car here there and evreywhere and getting nowhere....i feel bad forthe kids and im over it too...........

sleepimng: we do 6 months bassinett in our room then basically own cot with a sound and sensor monitir..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet, you poor thing, how upsetting.
    It's so awful having that constant worry
    sending love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    HI all

Fiona sounds like you're enjoying all the ups and throw-ups of a newborn! Indy sounds like he's doing marvelously!

Kismet - sorry about your mum. How upsetting and draining xx

JFB sounds like you've been through the wringer. Sick kids are bleh. I've come down with something again and have now shared it with Marc, so it's snot central here again. I've decided to get his ears checked as he's still waking heaps at night screaming. How did you know H needed grommits? I'm wondering whether that's why he's screaming at night so much.

Millie - lovely to hear how you're going.

AFM well just all work, end of term and generally being very busy. We've had absolutely freezing stormy weather here all week so have been going a bit insane at home with hte kids but it's supposed to be 24 on Sunday and 34 on Monday . Not sure I'm quite ready for that yet.

Also been really upset about that poor woman in Melbourne, and been glued to the Age following it. We lived in Brunswick before we moved to North Fitzroy, and I keep thinking of hoe often everyone I knew who lived in the area would wander around early in the mornings after nights of drinking never thinking anything could happen. It's just so distressing. Silly but I feel so sad for that whole part of the city. It always had a largely unjustified bad reputation which it will now carry with it forever. I loved living in that part of Melbourne but it won't be the same anymore. I keep thinking of how her parents must feel very time I look at my kids. Just heartbreaking on every level.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: h had almost continous ear infections from about 10 months of age.....he would do double rounds of anti-b only to get another infection 4-6 weeks later....its possible looking back that his desire to drink bottles a lot was to ease ear aches..usually he would get a temp with ear infections...however the ears can be congested without a major infection....im thinking h will need them put back in....i would rather know his hearing is ok and he could have had this lateset ear infection for a while b4 he got sick....

yes, i think its so awful about the melbourne woman....i always find it disturbing when u see video footage of somone just b4 they are abducted eg little james bolger etc.....i just hope the perp gets a life sentence....im a forensic pysch but i cant work with violent / sadistic / sex offenders...i dont care i dont believe they can be rehabilited....i looked at my daughter and makes me shudder about things like that happening but it does happen.....somone i know was sexually assaulted by a stranger one night in her own home in her own bed so many sicko's out there.....i just think how will her parents ever get over this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja & JFB - I've been really disturbed about Jills murder. It makes it so much more horrific when you hear he tried to pull a woman off a bike in July and she reported it, and he still went on to kill. Plus he is a husband and father of 4, and while his kids were safely tucked up in bed, he was taking the life of someone else's child. Truly evil creature. I know this is terrible, but I don't think they should ever let someone back out in the community. I don't think they can be rehabilitated either JFB

Kismet - I'm so sorry your mum had such a frightening episode. It must have been incredibly frightening to watch, especially when the medics seemed unable to manage/diagnose it. My mum has a respiratory illness, and they just keep throwing antibiotics at her rather than fixing the underlying cause (stomach acid reflux in her lungs). I hate seeing her looking pale and depressed. It makes you feel so useless. I really hope your mum has more lucid moments, and the evil disease is better managed.

On a lighter note, Stella is going to her first Grand Final BBQ today at my sister's place (I'm not game to take her out to a restaurant yet). Now what team to support? Given we are Melbournians it will be the Hawks this year, and as they are my 2nd favourite team, that won't be hard. Apparently the 'tradition' is for the children to be expected to support the 'family' team, but I'll let Stella make up her own mind when she is older. I have a feeling she will stick with the Hawks as we live in that area and she will be influenced by the locals. I picked Richmond because I was raised in that area, and Hawthorn is the next suburb, so all good It looks like we will be going to quite a few footy games when she is older. Go the Hawks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by milliegirl View Post

On a lighter note, Stella is going to her first Grand Final BBQ today at my sister's place (I'm not game to take her out to a restaurant yet). Now what team to support? Given we are Melbournians it will be the Hawks this year, and as they are my 2nd favourite team, that won't be hard. Apparently the 'tradition' is for the children to be expected to support the 'family' team, but I'll let Stella make up her own mind when she is older. I have a feeling she will stick with the Hawks as we live in that area and she will be influenced by the locals. I picked Richmond because I was raised in that area, and Hawthorn is the next suburb, so all good It looks like we will be going to quite a few footy games when she is older. Go the Hawks!!!
    Ooh I know it's a hard one re which team does your child support. DH and I were dyed in the wool Brisbane Bears then Lions supporters, which was fine after we moved to Melbourne as we lived opposite the old home of the Fitzroy team, so all good. But after we had Lucy and she became interested in AFL, she started to show support for *cough* *clutches pearls* Collingwood . No way, no how will any child of mine support that team. It's hard because so many people do. Anywho, we encouraged her towards Carlton, so all good there. Thankfully being young and a girl the colour of the team was most important, so navy was big hit.

Now we live in WA AFL isn't part of our lives anymore (it's just no where as in your face as it is in Melbourne, which I loved when I lived there but don't really miss TBH). I didn't even realise the grand final was today (and I have been to several in the past). How bad is that?

FWIW I hope Sydney wins. We once bumped into Paul Roos in Rathdowne Street when Lucy was a toddler and he picked her up (she'd gone for a tumble) and said she was one of the cutest kids he'd ever seen. So I've had a soft spot for Sydney since then.

JFB - M does have fluid in his ears so is on ABs. Had a much better night last night. Fingers crossed this does the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hi to everyone. Hope all are well. Sounds like still lots of colds going around and yucky ear infections.

Grand final today? I would prob barrack for the hawks, but not a massive AFL fan anyway. DO like watching a final though.

I only just have gotten the gist of what has happened to this poor girl who was murdered. I haven't been able to get much info over here.

We are in Croatia seeing baba and Dida. Spencer is LOVING it! He is having a ball with them. Archie was hesitant at first, but now is right into his grand parents. We are staying at a hotel for a few nights, and Monday we go to their home on the island opposite where we are. Spencer keeps asking when we are going to the stone house. Very cute.
    He has been bitten by a mozzie last night though. His face has blown up like his cousin. He's ok though and not bothered by it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - how is your mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy hubby here, swans fan, he went to the grand final ... But before he left he did this to our poor child!
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubba has a sticky gunky eye ... Anyone got experience with this?