Closed Thread
Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    morning all

dont u love 5.15am sunday mornings....

well i ended up taking H to hospital, i thought he was gonna be ok as he slept for about an hr after i got some panadol and anti b's into him, but when he woke he spewed again so off we went....they gave him a wafer type medication and then we where there for about 2 hours and he seemed better....ahhhhhhh what a geat sat night! it was good fun trying to BF whilst syringing water into a 2yo mouth who was tired, sick and hungry....but hopefully he is ok now chugging on a bottle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, how Is yur little man? Hope he's on the mend since your hospital visit?
    How are you feeling?

BK, how was your lovely baby free night away? Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing time.

Fiona, sorry, but had to have a little laugh at your post. It can be a little messy visiting with newborns. At least now that you've done it once, you can give anyone else that inivtes you over a good run down of what to prepare for and if it doesn't scare them off, then you can relax a little more so.

AFM, was DHs birthday Wednesday gone and we had 8 week scan same day. Thankfully bubs still looking good and we heard that wonderfully reassuring heartbeat (just the one) little ine scanned at 8weeks 5 days - a few days ahead, so am actually 9 weeks and 3 days as of today. EDD our Anniversary - April 26. DH had the week off, so we've been rather busy doing little day trips and visits, so finally things are back to normal now. So tired and nauseus, but otherwise fine. Can't wait for 1st trimester to br done and dusted so I start to feel a little more normal again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB, how Is your little man? Hope he's on the mend since your hospital visit?
    How are you feeling?

BK, how was your lovely baby free night away? Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing time.

Fiona, sorry, but had to have a little laugh at your post. It can be a little messy visiting with newborns. At least now that you've done it once, you can give anyone else that inivtes you over a good run down of what to prepare for and if it doesn't scare them off, then you can relax a little more so.

AFM, was DHs birthday Wednesday gone and we had 8 week scan same day. Thankfully bubs still looking good and we heard that wonderfully reassuring heartbeat (just the one) little ine scanned at 8weeks 5 days - a few days ahead, so am actually 9 weeks and 3 days as of today. EDD our Anniversary - April 26. DH had the week off, so we've been rather busy doing little day trips and visits, so finally things are back to normal now. So tired and nauseus, but otherwise fine. Can't wait for 1st trimester to br done and dusted so I start to feel a little more normal again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle, laugh away, I did
    most things in our life are amusing ... Best way to deal with life I think.
    glad to hear scan went well.

JFB - hope things are better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats alittle on the good scan result!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ... It seems tonight is bubba's first night in his own room... We've been putting him in there for day sleeps and tonight we thought we'll see how he goes at night ... Means me having to get up and move rooms for feeding at night rather that just grabbing him from the bassinet next o me or bossing DH to pass him too me.
    I have mixed feelings ... I am hoping we all sleep better ... But I am worried he's still too little ... And I might miss him

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - How is H now? That sounded like a horror night. How exhausting.

Alittleray - Congratulations on your great scan. It's so reassuring when you hear the heartbeat

Fiona - How did bubba's first night go? Stella is in a bassinet in my room and her cot is set up there too (for a bit later on). They make so many noises when they sleep don't they? She has me in stitches. I won't be moving her to her own room for 4-5 mths because I'm on my own and worry I will miss hearing her when she needs me. Plus the physical distance/getting up and going next door during the night is a disincentive. Good luck with junior.

AFM - Stella is one month and 2 days old already! She loves her food and has developed a little double chin She has a very loud voice for a newborn, and makes me laugh when she ramps up the tone to try to get me to pick her up. She uses a 'sing song' voice when she is feeding as she is happy and relaxed. So entertaining. I'm planning on taking her out to a Grand Final lunch on Saturday (at my sister's house). Aunty loves her, and it's a chance to introduce her to a few mutual friends. I've already been out with her and she has slept at aunties in a co-sleeper in the guest room. Breast feeding makes it all more convenient. How is everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milliegirl - Indy went well, he slept in the same pattern as when in our room. We have a great video monitor so it was easy to check on him. He will soon be too big for the bassinet ... so into the cot for him ... Although he looks so tiny in there! So he is happy in there, now I just need to get used to it!!! It's so hard not to worry!
    Guess I'll be worrying about him for the rest of my life!
    pleased to hear Stella is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Fiona - I slept on a mattress on the floor in Evie's room for a few nights when I moved her in her room, mind you her room is next to mine , it was just to see if she settled the same way and I think I actually had separation anxiety . It was about this time I moved her too, she was too big for bassinett and nights were getting warmer so it was time to move her out of my room. I still woke up alot to check her for a little while before relaxing.
    When I came home from hosy I stayed with my parents and Evie did a poo when I was changing her, it came flying out of her bum like a bullet, hit my leg and landed on mum's carpet and in my slipper, I'm pretty sure the stain is still on the carpet and I threw the slippers out.

Millie - sounds like things are going really well. Time really does fly.

JFB - good move going to the hosy to have H checked anyway, better to be safe, I know someone that had a little one throwing up lots and it turned out they had meningitis.

Alittle - it's good to get back to normal after all the turmoil of ivf, hope your sickness goes away and you can start to enjoy it all, glad the scan looks great.

Well, I've had the most stressful week, my mother was admitted to hosy after being at the shops on Friday where she became disorientated, confused and an ambo was called for her & my dad was contacted, she refused any treatment so we had to take her home. I kept an eye on her that night but by morning she wasn't any better & I called an ambo, she wasn't talking, and started wandering around aimlessly and staring into space and she got progressively worse once she was in hospy. Hospital couldn't find anything medically wrong with her so sent her to a psychiatric hospital for assessment, saying she was appearing catatonic, when she started to speak again it was like she had completely lost her mind. We were then told she had a condition called dilerium and they were trying to find an underlying cause, they also said she shouldn't have been sent there as she wasn't mentally ill so sent her back to general admission as they thought she may have had a mild stroke, I was starting to think no one had any idea and was just passing the buck. All sorts of tests were performed but they really haven't found anything wrong, they are now saying what I thought all along & was dreading, that she has probably progressed into dementia or alziemers. Thankfully mum has mostly recovered from this episode, she was so bad I didn't think it was possible, and she came home today. Still don't really have any answers but evidentally this is a sign of things to come. I'm exhausted with shuffling Evie around and being at the hospital every chance I had, felt like a broken down record repeating everything to the several drs, psychiatrists and nurses. I'm just glad I have my mum as I know her back.

Nessie - you have not been far from my thoughts, I know it's been a tough week for you too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet Im so sorry to hear about your mum. What a terrible time for you all. And I guess the not knowing is even more horrible. Sounds very scary. I hope that her episodes are few and far between. Im sure you will enjoy the preciuos time you have with her.

Mille and Fiona: I slept on Rubys floor on a single mattress for ages to save me getting up to her all the time. Henry was in with us, until we moved house, so I think till about 6 months, but he definitely sleeps better in his own room. Didnt happen immediately, but he just progressively stopped waking up so much. DH reckons my snoring was waking him up... quite possible I also think that once you dont jump up to them so quickly you give them more chance to settle on their own. I know in the early days with both my babies a few times Ive jumped up, gotten all ready to get baby up and feed only to find they have gone to sleep again,

Nessie:
    hope you are ok. Hugs to you too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (27-09-2012)