Closed Thread
Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    uh oh...H has spewed twice tonight....god im praying its not that bug amum and co had,,,i HATE vomiting..and of course DH is away ..please god dont let me get sick..by myself, with a baby and a 2yo pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no must be a bug....he spewed again this morninng after a bottle....so no friend visit and DH is away.....grrrrrrrrrrr. still praying i dont get it..im so paranoid last night i think i almost convinced myself i had it already!!! why does thsi laways happen at the worst time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB

Two tips I learned from the last bout of gastro that ripped through our house:

First - at the first sign of feeling sick get to the doctor and get some maxalon or stemitil. It will stop the spews immediately. As painful as it seems dragging two kids with it it's better than getting really sick.

Second - if you do get sick - think about the weight loss

Third - watch your milk supply. you're doing really well with bf keep up the fluids as gastro can knock your supply around.

Good luck I really hope you don't get it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

jfb - oh how i hope it's not that nasty bug we had.....i do however agree with sonja...think about the weight loss, i did the exact thing whilst my head was in the bucket and bum on the loo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Uggghhhh JFB you poor thing!!

learning that babies are not fit to be taken anywhere ... Went to DH's brothers last night to watch footy...brother in law & wife were super excited we were bringing the baby. She is older and has grown kids from another marriage and now can't have kids ... Brotherinlaw would love kids .. He offers us to trade a very expensive guitar for the baby ... I laugh and say you'd hand him back after a sleepless night BIL say he reckons he could last at least a week ... I say when he's a bit easier to handle he can come stay some weekends .... So anyway super excited. Long drive ... About an hour ... Indy sleeps all the way ... Hasn't had much sleep during the day as it was a busy day. When we get there wakes up GRUMPY and struggles to resettle. I feed him, he calms, change his nappy he laughs ... Give him to BIL .... Screams ... Takes AGES to settle him and put him to sleep. There house is soooo clean and nice. When he wakes a bit of spew goes on the carpet I apologise profusely they smile 'its ok' ... I feed him and then while sitting on their lovely suede leather couch I feel this warm sensation between my legs ... Indy has peed, the nappy has leaked and pee has spread all over me and the couch! I jump up apologising, scare Indy he starts screaming .... She grabs a bucket and goes on a cleaning frenzy I keep apologising ... Men seemed unperturbed ... But brother in law admits that he probably wouldn't last a week and we leave (me with the horrible sensation of warm pee soaked pants turned cold) .... Uggggghhhhhhh ... I felt so bad about their couch!!!
    Guess this life with a baby huh! No one will ever want us in their homes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. Spew is the worst I reckon. Worse than anything. I really hope that you are ok and that the worst is over

hahahaha. Fiona, gosh you poor thing. And yes, babies arent really fit to take anywhere, other than to other peoples houses that have babies.. they already have poo, wee and spew over everything!

Henry was the vomitron. He has spewed over every inch of my poor mother in-laws brand new carpet, couches, everything I own, and numerous times through my hair and the best ones when he would spew down my cleavage! No wonder I only last BFing to 4 months this time. Id had it with milk in any form! Hes a bit better now, but still spews at least once after EVERY feed.

Well its my special night in town tonight. Leaving here at 2pm so I can get my moneys worth at my docklands apartment! My best friend is leaving her DS with hubby and coming in to have dinner and a movie with me in the city. How extravegant and exciting! My first baby free night since before Ruby was born. No doubt I will miss the little terrors Soooo excited though!
    Last edited by blondekelli; 22-09-2012 at 13:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    u will love it kel..i had 3 baby free nights when h was about 14 months old..it was (and i feel bad) but it was ...heaven..tbh i only missed him a little bit....it was just sooooooo nice being able to go to movies, shop, cafe and only think of YOU...!!!

fiona: oh no.....yep its hard at first but sorta gets easier..sorta...

not sure if its a bug or not...H has an ear infection(mmm like the 12th in his life) , luckily got into docs on sat morn they gave me the last appt, im so grateful. he has perked up a bit and kept down some rice cakes and water..so far. he could be back in for another batch of grommets tho...back on anto b's....dunno he has never spewed b4 with ear infections....doc said couldnt give him maxalon as too young??? he is definately off colour as has been lying down most the day, brightens up for 5 minutes then lays back down....oh well at least the kitchen floor got a disinfectant mop this morning.

sonja: i keep my trusty fengreek (wonderdrug) on hand....i was too scared to eat a normal dinner last and just ate toast....ive actually felt on off nauseous for a weel anyway and went right off coffee (lol utd)...been sick for weeks with sote throat / mild cold etc....

what a shame its such a nice day...........

Thanks
    Reviews
    spoke too soon......just chucked again.....mmmm if he spews again i'll have to take him to hospital .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I meant the maxalon is for you if you start to get sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB ... How is H now?