Closed Thread
Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm JFB - I woke at 4:15 too today. I feel knackered now.

Kismet, Spencer gets like that sometimes and had a terrible time a few months ago of waking in a terrible state. I thought he was waking up all dredgy from his sleep. Everything I did was wrong, so I learnt to leave him alone - open the door, peek in to see if he was smiling or scowling and run back to the lounge room. In the end he would hang out in bed until he was ready to come down. I made sure I had shut the blind of the window in the hall opposite his room so it wasn't too bright when I opened the door.

Well, we are off to Singapore/Croatia on Thursday and we all have colds!! DH seems the least affected. Archie has just finished antibiotics for an ear infection, and woke this morning with a green snotty nose, and Spencer has been off all day. I think he has a sinus/headache cold. I am drugging them up and I think I'm going to have to make another trip to the chemist to stick up for in flight!!
    Yay!!

Hope all the newbies are having lovely times with their bubbas and that things get better for everyone soon.

Spring is here at least and weather is going to get lovely again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    sonja: yep i said if we must have it then everyone will need to bring something....its just the cleaning and work on the day that im like ffs i really dont want to do it tbh....i think dh needs to be told that he will have to be the hostess cos even tho ppl will bring stuff u are still left running around like a blu a$$ fly on the day serving it up / getting drinks etc....his mum had offered to have it at her place and just my dad and step mum would come here which would be better.....i just hate the xmas thing except for the kids IYKWIM. the other problem is he family are stingy cheapskates and think if something is cheap its good, i mean ffs last yr they wanted "meat" for a xmas present..like WTF!!! anyway they buy nasty stuff so i could ask them to bring something but i would have to point out that a homebrand can of spam wont cut it in my house.... ekkkkkk. i dunno i just feel like its not our turn, we have the baby and we will down to one wage by then.....all sucks.

nice 4am wake....i gave H a choc milk and cartoons just so i could lie back down for 30mins....
    Marc woke at 4 as well. Finally resettled him then the dogs start up. A bit easier to cope with now I've got work to hide at...

JFB I'd definitely be telling them no way! There's still time. Tell them thanks but no thanks. Sounds awful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL...yep i used to hide at work...on the internet all day !!! it was good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BK, how is Ruby's croup? Has H's sleep settled down a little now?

JFB, I would flat refuse to do Xmas if I were you. Pretty unfair expectation. I know from experience, that as much as DH promised to do loads of stuff and I would hardly have to do anything, that's not how it turns out. I hope you can find a way to get out of it if you really don't want to do it.

Moongazer, damn colds!!!! I so hope you manage to drug them away. It's so frustrating how often you get knocked down with illness just before a holiday. Hoping it is very short lived for you all and you have a wonderful time on your O/S trip.

Millie, all I can say is gorgeous . So lovely to hear how much you're loving your little girl and being a mum.

Kismet, hooe Evie's day wake ups settle down - sounds terrible. i wonder if they go through a stage where their REM sleep is more active and perhaps are having nightmares which take a while to calm down from??? Just taking a crazy stab, but just sounds like she is so distressed.

Fiona, I remember once I had A into a good sleep routine, a day of activities where her routine was mucked about, meant a day or two of screaming unhapoy bubs.

AFM, biggest bloated belly ever, I already look 6 months pregnant . It's embarrassing. A has gone from being miss independence to suddenly being a little sooky and needing mummy. Not the best timing... hope she gets over it before I get too much bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I was thinking that E was waking before she was ready to, when she was sick last week she was sleeping upto 3 hrs and her average is half that, then she went back to 1 hr and yesterday was back to normal, she usually wakes up really happy, but hasn't been since she was sick. Today at daycare she apparently woke up fine, she just saved the tantrum for me when we got home, this time it lasted for an hour then she was instantly over it as if nothing went on. Isn't if weird how they can change in the blink of an eye

JFB - had to laugh about your inlaws & spam comment, reminded me of the movie 'The Castle' for some reason. I'd be saying you just can't do it, end of story. I've never hosted xmas day bcs I haven't ever lived in a place big enough for my family, I mostly think it's a good thing as it saves alot of hassle but sometimes I wish I had the room to have xmas in my own place for once, then I'd probably regret it.

Moon - bugger about the colds.

Saw the first sign of xmas today with puddings in woolies, no haven't got out much lately, I suppose there's xmas trees up elsewhere. I'm really stumped with what to get Evie this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mmmm i posted something this morning and its gone now...

alittle: mmmm the bigger u get the more A might get clingy...H seemed to know something was afoot when i got a big tummy. yep....men dont really have any concept of what it takes to put on a function...dh thinks as long as the blokes have a beer then what else is left??? i remember for our wedding he was leaving frantic phone messages all morning about the music cd's as this was his task and it was all too much....mmmm 1 thing out of 100 that had to be done..so yep i see your point.

kismet: i posted this morning re the presents...i bought one major thing for H ( massive toy train set) and then am buying little things i know he likes like paints, wiggles stickers etc....so hard as what i think he likes is often off the mark! for his bday he seemed to like the singing birthday card the best....

good luck MG for the flights and trip...i think u are a brave woman! i would be too scared to take H on a 15 hr plane ride....i could see us ending up like "Bridesmaids" LOL...........ept i would be taking the sedative to calm down and not care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

I Just dropped in to let you all know that Amelias open heart surgery went really well..She went to theater on the 5 September the surgeon told us it would take 7 hours to do her. It was the longest 7 hours in my life..I am just so glad that she got though it all ok..She ran a temp on day 2 and the drs were really good and started her on antiditcis (spelling) straight away just in case there was a infecetion and also got a partly deflated lung from it all.. They couldnt believe how quick she got over it and how quick she healed as well she was only in hospital for 8 days. When she got discharged we had to stay in Melbourne until monday just gone so she could have her 10 day check..We had to come back to Tassie by boat as she wasnt allowed to fly.. They have done another ultrascan and said that they was able to cover all the hole up and now they just want to see her in 6 months time to see how she is going....Thank you everyone for wish her good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired - that's great news, she's a little trooper, it would have been such a tough wait for you, what a relief it's all over now and she's ok.

JFB - I've put away a little carrycase of arty things like pencils, crayons etc as E loves that sort of thing and a playdoe set. Thinking of getting a chalk board, it would so much easier if I had a decent yard, I'd get a swing set for her. I've got my eye on a fold up slippery slide at bunnings, pretty cheap too.

Evie was pretty good today, only chucked it when she didn't want to get in the bath after asking to have one. Thinking I should worm her, I'm sure someone once told me that kids get super moody if they need worming, she's got a slight rash around her bum so I'm off to the chemist tomorrow, probably should be doing this by now anyway being around other kids at daycare etc, just hasn't occurred to me before , does anyone else worm your kiddies yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiredof4 - so pleased to hear Amelia was such a trooper! What a stressful time, how hard it must have been for you. Looking forward to hearing all is well in 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, for some reason I cant access BH from my phone anymore??

Well talking of tantrums, Miss Ruby is off her head! Some days the whole day is just one whingy whine to the next. It is SOOO draining, and its impossible for me to spend any quality time with Henry. And if she cant be in my arms/sitting on me she will just cry and cry 'mummy I want youuuuu' for ever. God I hope its a phase and I hope it ends soon!!

Rubys Croup seems to be better. We got a script for steroids but didnt need them. H has gone back to normal sleep patterns, so I think it was probably just teeth?

Tired:
    So so happy to hear that Amelai is doing so well!

Alittle: I found pregnancy and a toddler really difficult. It takes such a phuysical toll. i think the kids and I are going to jinx on friday if you are interested?

MG: Enjoy your holiday and I hope the trip isnt too traumatic!

Hi to everyone else.