Closed Thread
Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kel - yes Evie has had it a few times, get her checked out by Dr to make sure, last time Evie had it I wasn't sure but she did according to the doc. It gets worse at night, sometimes Evie is fine through the day but at night very crook. Cough usually sounds like a dry cough, much like a seal barking I reckon. She's had a mild steroid liquid called redipred that's taken care of it, had it twice this year, not nice.

M4N - Tom will probably revert back to normal once he's better, hope that's not too far away.

Sounds like most of us have suffered some sort of illness lately, Evie's had yet another cold with some conjunctivitis thrown in, also think she's getting 2 year molars, she's been yelling in her sleep which she does when she's teething, shoving fist in her mouth and drooling , never usually dribbles, I just hope they don't take ages.

All you fitness junkies are putting me to shame but good for you for a) finding the time, b) having the motivation

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get well soon everyone

Stella and I came back from hospital with colds, so bugs must be going around. Spring in Melbourne has highly changeable weather, which is ideal for colds, gastro, hay fever, everything!

Croup sounds awful Kel. Wishing your bub a quick recovery.

I took my girl and dog for a walk today. It's still so hard to believe she is really mine. Stella is 3 weeks old today, and yesterday she was weighed at her MCHN appointment and had put on 280g in one week. Clearly over her cold Go breast milk! Use some of the fat off my thighs please

Have a glorious weekend

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Millie. Sounds like you are enjoying every minute with Stella. It is hard to believe they are yours!

Well I have no idea what was wrong with Henry last night but he woke at about 9:30 took me about an hour to get him back to sleep then he started waking every half hour! Jules sleeps in his room when he is here so by about 12:30 I tool him into our bed and managed to get him to sleep but he still kept waking a fair bit god k owns what was wrong but I hope it was a one off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - that's excellent weight gain for Stella, sounds like you have settled into motherhood

BK - hope it was a better night lastnight, how many teeth has H got now? How is R, did you take her to a dr?

A bit quiet here, how is everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i tried to post last night but last the post and my temper, this site doesnt like my computer.

been sick here..stoopid sore thraot wont go away....had a good child free meet up with bff yesterday....DH took kids to his parents and when i got back apparently xmas is now at our place ffs.............i wanted a quiet one and cheap one too.

welldone milli with stella.

was gonna say teeth maybe for H????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    We went away or the weekend, an early Xmas family get together.
    Loads of people and lots of noise ... So poor little Indy was a bit disrupted from routine ... We got back last night. Today he has hardly slept and screamed a lot ... Unusual for him ... So I think the poor little bugger is totally confused ...
    OR he's developing and our quiet little cherub is turning into a real baby who screams!
    Hoping he'll settle tomorrow once he realizes he is home and back to normality!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - 11 weeks on and I still can't believe this beautiful Boy is mine!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - could be reaching a growth spurt being 11 weeks...Evie was a nightmare at this stage, I wondered where my quiet good sleeper went, it was hard to get her settled & I had to get back to basics with wrapping her again etc the only thing that worked for me was using the swing thru the day and stroking her forehead at bedtime at night, I remember it being a very testy time for me, but she snapped out of it. It's about now they start to get out of that newborn stage and become more alert iykwim, the travelling may not have helped.

JFB - how nice of them to not discuss it with you, I'd be livid if it wasn't what you wanted, make sure everyone gives you a hand.

Well, don't know exactly what the hell is wrong with Evie lately. The last 3 or 4 days she has woken from her day nap screaming and carrying on like I've never seen her. She doesn't want me to cuddle her or not even touch her and just stands by her cot screaming after I've got her out but she doesn't want to go back in, I just can't console her, if I even say anything she loses it. If I leave the room which I've done in frustration or to ignore her, she just screams harder so I've had to just stand there or sit on the floor until she's finished and she comes to me for a cuddle, this goes on for about 15 mins, then she sits on me for about 10 mins until she's ready to get up and then she's right, back to usual happy self..all totally weird behaviour for her. I'm not sure if she's having a tantrum or if she's in any sort of pain, possibly both, today she was sobbing. She has pulled at her mouth alot even slapped herself in the face, and I suspect she is teething but can't see or feel anything in her mouth, have resorted to panadol and then she calms down, so I'm just guessing it's her teeth. She's just about over her cold. Night time she's fine so beats me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Millie sounds like you're a natural. Keep enjoying your gorgeous girl.

Fiona sounds all very normal. He's probably just over-stimulated. We used to find this happened a lot in the early days. You'll work out what over-stimulates him pretty quickly. With Lucy she couldn't handle the sound of lots of traffic in the evening, which was a bit of a pain as we lived on brunswick street in north fitzroy and I loved going for a walk around 430 or 5 just to get out of the house. She'd go mental hour ages after that.

Kismet Scarlett went throu a long phase around 2 and a half of being inconsolable after her sleep during the day. She was in a bed and if she got herself up Ashe was fine, but if she woke and was distressed there was nothing I could do expect sit beside the bed until she calmed down. As annoying as it is at least she is calm after 15 minutes or so. Scarlett could stay like that for up to an hour.

JFB that's a pain. I'd be setting very clear boundaries about what everyone is expected to bring, given you've got little kids to look after as well.

BK was H better last night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: H is like a bear with a sore head after day sleeps too..he wakes up crying and yelling NO NO NO NO NO...just have to let him get over it....he also cannot be woken up if he doesnt want to...he will fall back to sleep sitting up, flopped over etc....

sonja: yep i said if we must have it then everyone will need to bring something....its just the cleaning and work on the day that im like ffs i really dont want to do it tbh....i think dh needs to be told that he will have to be the hostess cos even tho ppl will bring stuff u are still left running around like a blu a$$ fly on the day serving it up / getting drinks etc....his mum had offered to have it at her place and just my dad and step mum would come here which would be better.....i just hate the xmas thing except for the kids IYKWIM. the other problem is he family are stingy cheapskates and think if something is cheap its good, i mean ffs last yr they wanted "meat" for a xmas present..like WTF!!! anyway they buy nasty stuff so i could ask them to bring something but i would have to point out that a homebrand can of spam wont cut it in my house.... ekkkkkk. i dunno i just feel like its not our turn, we have the baby and we will down to one wage by then.....all sucks.

nice 4am wake....i gave H a choc milk and cartoons just so i could lie back down for 30mins....