Closed Thread
Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. It seems Ruby is still sleeping quite well then going by what you are all saying. I can't imagine her not having a sleep. But then I remember feeling the same way when she went from two to one sleeps.

How's everyone going with tantrums? We haven't had many really bad ones. But we have little mini meltdowns pretty much all through the day. Ruby is so head strong and cheeky she will push every boundary we try to establish. It becomes exhausting. And boy can that girl yell! I guess it's normal. Her being the eldest I don't really have anything to compare too either. Jules never really had them. She just wants what she wants that very second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel tantrums are hard. Lucy never really had one until Scarlett came along; I guess she didn't need to have one until she was hearing "wait" and "not now" all the time. They probably started around 3 and continued til about 4. Scarlett was different they started much younger with her but I've noticed they have severely reduced and we're able to reason with her (she was 3 in april) and she's much less emotional than she used to be. I think with her most of it was due to being extremely overtired and being forced to do things she didn't want to do (mainly for Lucy but also for Marc - the lot of the middle child).

Marc started having them even younger still. But with him I'm just too busy to be able to fix it or deal with it so he just melts down. It's mainly frustration with him as he wants to walk everywhere but we'll be in a hurry, or other similar things. TBH they don't even bother me anymore as I know it'll pass and it's not a reflection on my parenting. It was different last year when Scarlett's tantrums dominated the house and drove us all to distraction. That was tough.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    H has tantrums...particularly since E was born..usually its the same...made to wait or also wanting a "bickie"(then another 5) and being told no, or wanting to watch "toot toot" (wiggles car) over and over on DH;s iphone, ive had to start telling DH he needs to be more mindful of He/WE do as parents that lead to tantrums, i mean the kid shouldnt be looking at TV shows on iphones to start with (der) ....at 2 they have no concept of waiting...H stamps his feet "flashdance" style , will dramtically throw himself on the floor sometimes as well and just sook...if i can i try to distract him and this works 95% of the time....in addition to ignoring it mainly espically with a baby i have to just ignore it often, if he is is really naughty he is made to sit in a naughty chair......i find it really hard when he occasionally hits / pulls hair on the baby etc during a tantrum (jealously), ive hit his hand in reaction which i hate doing but its almost automatic...the useless outcome is i end up with 2 crying babies at once.....
    i did buy a book about discipline...ive only read half of it..it had some good tips....i felt i needed some info.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "flash dance style"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

We've had a few tantrums lately, nothing too dramatic I don't think (yet!), same as everyone here has said, E can't "wait", wants everything now etc. We went to a little animal petting farm thing last week (with Nessie & Ash) and E had an absolute melt down bcs she was only interested in playing on the slides, wasn't interested in the animals what so ever and each time I tried to get her off the slides she lost it. She's doing my head in with wanting to watch Waybaloo constantly which I'm trying to limit so she has mini meltdowns then and if she can't go outside she carries on, she's started with the yelling too. I'm picking my battles with her, most of the time distraction works but if she needs pulling into line I won't give in I will let her carry on but she gets really upset and wants cuddles. I'm finding late afternoon is the worst time for her being demanding so I've decided this is when she gets a bath, it usually keeps her happy. I'm sure there's worse tantrums to come yet! As for sleeping she has a nap everyday, there's been a few days missed but it's not good for her. She will sleep anywhere from 1hr to almost 3 hrs, depending if she's not well or if she had a restless night beforehand. E's pretty predicatable atm. I actually had a sleep in today until 8.30 as she woke up at 7.30 chatting to herself and must have dozed off again, and she goes down at night between 7.30-8pm, so she's pretty good really. The past week she's had a bad cough so I've woken up and checked on her alot, has also been talking in her sleep which wakes me, I'm generally stuffed when this happens cos I can't get back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, quick post from me as am rather exhausted. Currently in Bris and have just had EPU today, so praying for some good news in the morning. Bit on edge at the moment because anaethitist said my pulse wasirregular and that I need to see cardiologist ASAP. So have appointment in the morning. FX it's nothing. Hope everyone is happy and healthy and I'll try and catch up soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Littleray, Good luck with your eggies petri dish dance. I hope your irregular pulse was due to stress/drugs rather than anything else. When I first went to a Naturopath he said my pulse was very irregular/erratic too. He put it down to the drugs/stress and over time it seemed to even out. It doesn't hurt to get it checked out though. Wishing you the best of health and lovely embies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Alittle - I hope all is ok....at least you are going to get it checked out...I'm sure all is fine. Good luck with your embies today, let us know how they went overnight.

Millie - Not long now wooooooooo hooooooooooo are you ready to go ????????? Would love to see a belly pic....

Kade is at pre school today and I am bored $hitless.........I pick him up in an hour and it can't come quick enough, there is only so much house work a person can do...sigh.

Hope you are all well and having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum you can come and do my housework if you like? is pre-school like kinder or more like childcare? Does he like it? Ruby's been moved to the 2yr plus room and she doesn't like it. Every time I take her she gets upset saying she wants to go to the babies room. I'm not sure what to do, or just ride it out until she gets used to it

Alittle I hope you are ok hon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - Normally I have a really busy day when he is there but it was a quiet one today.
    They call it a Pre School but it is more like Daycare. He is in the toddler room but gets to play with all the kids through out the day. He cried for weeks when he started and i was thinking of pulling him out but now he loves it and has even started to have a nap with all the other kids, he was asleep when i got there today.
    I'd ride it out with her Kel, she'll get used to it, it is horrible to think that she is unhappy when you take her there but I'm sure she is fine after 5 mins...they always are...little buggers