Closed Thread
Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    BK - how awful for you and the neighbours, lucky the cat will be ok, I wouldn't like to come across your neighbours in a hurry if it wasn't. It's a hard one to decide what to do though, could be just a one off accidental thing, I'd keep an eye on Monny to see if she's breaking her neck to get out again now. My friend has 2 staffy's and they got hold of a cat that got into their yard and it wasn't pretty, ever since the dogs will now take to anything like rats or lizards etc & it's the female that likes to chase and get to them but they're perfect around people however the female dog has become an expert in escaping which is annoying for the owners because they don't know what she will get up to. I guess you just have to double check everything now.

JFB - yes I've registered with the other centre but was gobsmacked with how many kids per carer they have in the toddler room, it's quite large and I'm also not sure it would be the right thing to do as nothing will be familiar. It's hard to pinpoint what factor is upsetting her, probably a combo of everything...going an extra day, mostly new kids but she does know some of them and there's different teachers, one of her regular teachers moved up but she's only there the 1 day, I think on the Friday there's not much familiarity for her. She's probably overwhelmed, she is content to play one on one with some kids, but get her in a group of them and she's a different kid. She had a sleepover last night as I had my nephews wedding and she follows my friend's son like his shadow, she didn't want to come home. The other centre doesn't open until end of March so if she doesn't settle down soon I'll send her one day there and see how she is, might need the extra day anyhow as I've got a meeting with an employment agency this week, hopefully I can get some work soon.

to everyone hope you all had a dry weekend. My nephew got married on a property north of Newcastle and we were practically rained in, it was out in the sticks & the road in turned into a lake and we got told about an hr before the wedding was due to finish to get out within 15 mins as the water was rising & had to take another way out. There was a bus for most of the guests that slid off the road and got bogged and had to be pulled out by tractor. It was still a great night, nothing like a country wedding, just such a pity the weather was horrendous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet glad you made it home safe from the wedding
    Evie is probably just going through a huge developmental stage, going from baby to big girl can be a scary thing. She is a smart little girl & is probably working out who she likes/dislikes.

Kel I feel for you, having dogs all my life I have been where you are. Sadly it is natural instinct for dogs, especially terriors ( I have 2) to kill. I used to have staffys & my female couldn't be trusted with ANY animal, she was however fantastic with people. Maybe offer to pay vet bill for cat & send some flowers?

Alittle how are you going? I hope not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Kel I really feel for you. Our last 2 dogs were basically killing machines. While they never harmed a domestic animal (not through lack of trying) we lost a lot of wildlife to them. Holly had terrier in her and was just relentless. She killed so many lizards and possums. But they were amazing with the kids. It was a huge factor in what we decided to get next.

I agree with Nessie - I would pay the vet bill and leave flowers or something like that (maybe a nice plant). Our dogs were never allowed off leash - anywhere. They were just too unpredictable.

I can understand how upsetting this is, especially while it's still so recent. Your neighbours will calm down. Just expect them to be angry for a little while I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bk, we had a bit of an aggressive dog when we were kids....the dog got into a fight with another dog and the owner intervened and our dog bit him....well same deal banging hysterically on the door, their family being abusive so my mum felt obliged to have our dog put down....i think she was too scared not too..it ws awful....ihope u can sort it out and i hope the ppl are reasonable about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Thanks so much everyone. Things have calmed down today. We haven't spoken to the neighbours today but yesterday they came over to apologise for their behaviour. We are going to pay the vet bill. The cat came home today apparently. I've spent all day talking to animal experts and they all say its a natural instinct and has no bearing in how she is with the kids. We are so relieved. We are getting tough security screen doors put on all our externals next week and will get her a muzzle for if we have to walk her down the street. She is otherwise a good dog and of course part of the family

Kismet. Ruby had a HUGE adjustment when she went from the babies room to the toddler room. It took ages for her to adjust. She would cry at even the mention of going to crèche. Every day she would cry/scream that she wanted to go to the baby room. I had no choice though as I was working then all of a sudden some of her friends came up and she was a different girl. Ever since she can't wait to get there now. Talks about her friends all the time and has a ball. The change has been remarkable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK, what a horrible experience for you, but so glad the neighbours calmed down and apologised. Good on them - emotions would have been so high when it happened, so decent of them to apologise and for you to pay vet bills. Sounds like you have some good fixes in place to avoid a repeat occurrence.

Kismet, how was your Lite n Easy?

Fiona, glad to hear Indy is much better.

Amum, anymore decent bites on your house?

I am struggling to stay awake and lying in bed as I type.

Nessie, yep going a little crazy.... am super tired, so might be a good sign, but might not be either. Very achey back too. I stuffed up and forgot to do my Pregnyl shot on Wednesday night so had to do it Saturday and then again tomorrow night at 10dpo, so I have no chance of getting an accurate result on a HPT .... Grrrrr. So frustrating, so I'll just have to wait until BT on Mon 4th.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh BK - how awful, what a terrible situation!Glad the cat was ok, and the neighbours reasonable in the end.
    Of course you were upset!

DH was busy at conferences for 3 full days, it was so lovely having alone time with my boy Although work is fine, I am over it and wish I were at home! Glad to be a teacher though and have holidays to look forward to .. Not sure i could cope if I don't know I had that time coming up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck alittle, really hoping this is your time

fiona, i was looking forward to going back to work but as it gets closer im not looking forward to it much, also cos i know financially i will have to go three days per week and not two like i was hoping.....also have very little leave left too as used it all for having babies...blah. Also job is boring so im on the semi look out for something new maybe. I do know that the time i will get with the kids on the days not working will be more valued tho and im looking forward to that aspect.

Bk, are u still doing birthday invites?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. I'm only selling the pre-printed ones now. Let me know if you want to see them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bk, i wanted to get personalised ones.

Sonja, how are u going with house hunting etc.?

Amum hows your home selling going?

Welle woke four times....tired, think she is teething and the weather in sydney is vile..so humid and feral. Ick.