Closed Thread
Page 118 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Great news the belly bandit arrived Sonja. Not such great news the Ob thinks you may need it soon. Take care of your back.

Fiona - hope Indy is ok. Lurve those vommies. Spencer has only vommied twice, and Archie a few times. We were lucky I guess, but the ones we have had were pretty intense.
    Best to just keep an eye on him and make sure keeps hydrated.

Sonja - :O. Projectile vom from behind. Like a stealth attack!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - if he doesn't vomit again & doesn't develop a temp I wouldn't worry, if he does just keep his fluids up if he doesn't want to eat, everything usually comes up anyway and stay away from milk, I know that's hard but just water would be fine until it stops, chances are he wouldn't feel like the milk either. They say if vomitting is still happening 24 hrs later with a temp should see a dr as babies get dehydrated very quickly. Evie has only had a vomitting bug once (touch wood) she couldn't keep anything down during the night but was fine the next day just a little lethargic, I don't think she had a temp. To save constantly changing her cot sheets I put a bunch of towels down for her to lie on and if she vomitted on them I just lifted off the ones that got messy and cleaned her up. I had to hose down her highchair and rub it with eucalyptus oil to get rid of the smell which likes to hang around for ages...yuk. Yep you know you're a parent when there's lots of

JFB - I've just ordered some Lite n Easy meals for next week, hope they're tasty enough bcs I won't order again if they're not. Are you still doing it?

Sonja - it's a tough call, it was something I always worried about but I didn't do any further testing after the initial scan and bt bcs I couldn't bare to make a decision if it wasn't a good result and tests we had then aren't 100% accurate. I'd hope this test would be for $1300 though.

Took Evie to a swimming lesson yesterday and she didn't have a major meltdown as I expected she might but she did freak a little bit when I dunked her under and wouldn't cooperate afterwards, will keep it up & see how she goes this time. Have also found a playgroup close by to check out next week, sounded like a good one. Hopefully she will gain some more confidence. There's also a new daycare being built 5 mins from here opening next month I'm going to check out too, thinking of changing her from the current one, she really isn't settling in well. TT still not really happening, 3 wees on the floor today and lots of uncooperation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Evie still one day a week? Could u try her on two days if possible?

Yes fiona, should add that i took h to hospital once as he kept vomiting for 24 hours and couldn't even keep down water...kinda felt like overkill but the gp told me to take him if he vomited again that day....lucky it was a private hospital.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alittle - Your cycle sounds great. You have done so well. for a beautiful BFP when you test. Good luck

Sonja - I LOL when I read your spew story. The image of it! With 3 and another on the way, there is not much you wouldn't have seen. I couldn't terminate a downs bubba either. They are very special children and I've worked with them as adults. They are beautiful, and can lead normal independent lives now that we don't automatically institutionalise them!

JFB - Well done E! Looks like she is getting into the swing of things with sleeping.

Kismet - Swimming lessons are great. Did you notice Evie was quiet/sleepy afterwards? It's pretty physical and seems to relax them which is great. Stella starts proper classes in a week (she has to be 6mths old for that).

AFM - Thanks for the advice on sleeping through ladies. I had Stella's 6 mths appointment with the MCHN on Tuesday and she said that babies wake up for feeds at night at 4mths, 6 mths and 8 mths (growth spurts etc). She said if Stella is just waking for a feed and then going to sleep straight after, to keep feeding her as she's hungry. She is in the top 10% for growth/length, and her weight is fine. They found a 'clicky' right hip so I have to take her for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. The GP wasn't worried, but just in case. Always something with munchkins. It definitely isn't stopping her rolling and trying to crawl. She is a little dynamo

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

fiona - it usually takes 24 hours to pass...i've rung the helpline a couple of times to speak to a nurse and she said its ok to vomit for 24 hours, try not to give any water/food for an hour after the last vomit then give tiny amounts of water.....

kismet - kade was not settling at all in pre school only going 1 day so i sent him for 2 days and he was a different little man.....maybe she needs to go 2 days to get into a routine of it all....

OMG i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin over selling our house and it's only been a week tomorrow we have had so many people thru, one lovely young couple have had the building inspector and the bank out to look at it so i'm hoping they offer a good price as i want them to buy it....so hard not to get emotionally attached to certain buyers.......

hope you are all well....have a great day

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Amum it's terrible selling a house. Especially while you are living in it. Having to keep it clean 24/7 is a nightmare and it can feel like such an invasion having people through all the time. Hopefully someone makes a great offer for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Indy is much better, thanks for all the reassurance
    DH left him with his mother for a few hours (first time) - I think she probably fed him, and fed him, and fed him and then didn't tell us .....
    so I think the poor little thing was just over stuffed with food!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - Evie started going 2 days this year, I thought it would make her better but I think it's making her worse bcs it's consecutive days. Yesterday she dropped her lip but didn't go ballistic when I left her but today once she saw her daycare bag getting packed she lost the plot before we left home & bawled when I left her, also cried when I picked her up she's usually excited and the carer said she had been crying on and off all day (made me feel horrible) she's also not eating much when she's there and this week they've had her favourite foods, she's not sick either. This has been the pattern last couple of weeks. I had her booked in for Tues and Thurs but the centre asked me to change it to Thurs and Fri as a working family needed the other day. I think she would be better not going consecutive days at this stage. I'm convinced something there is upsetting her. I looked into the new daycare but they're full at the moment. It's just really bothering me wondering what her problem is as her behaviour has really changed she doesn't even like me leaving her with my parents now which has never been a problem. I'm actively looking for work now and can't pull her back any day as I'm going to need them. Just hoping she snaps out of it.

Millie- Evie has a love/hate relationship with swimming, I started her at 6 mths but she developed a complete fear of the water even with the bath so I stopped her & tried again last summer and it was the same again, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle with swimming lessons and it's only been the last couple of months since that she has gained confidence to even get her hair wet in the bath she even likes showers now so we are back at swimming lessons to give it another go. The little chicky is definately not a quick learner.

Fiona - Glad Indy is ok now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet, did u put Es name down at the new place? H did consecutive days and wss ok altho he went thru a sooky stage at about 18-22 months. Do u think its the environment or maybe new kids started this year she doesnt like?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls. What a horrible day we have had today. DH was playing golf this morning and I had the kids. Normal chaos. Well I must have accidentally left the door open when I went out to the car to get sunscreen and the dog got out. I didn't even realise she was out until our neighbour came banging on the door hysterically yelling that's my had killed there cat. I was mortified but couldn't leave the house and their entire family was yelling out abusimg and threatening from across the street. I rang DH to tell him to come home. Our dog has BEVER done anything like this before. The cat went to the vet and will apparently be ok. But I think Monny would have killed it if someone hadn't have intervened. So now we have the horrible decision of what are we going to do. Can Monny be trusted? Can we be trusted to never let her out again? I feel absolutely horrible and have bawled most of the day. I feel terrible for the poor family and their cat. And I feel horrible and confused about what to do with Monny.