Closed Thread
Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well girls rock afterall. Mmmmmm but i will say boy.

What is youre edd sonja.

Bk...i put my trip to melbourne back to last week in august .....can always do a catch up then.

alittle, how are u going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - Sorry for being late in responding, but I'm really glad the docs don't think it's necessary to operate at this stage, and will monitor the growths. I can see how traumatic more invasive treatment would be to your mum and family. Honestly, you have had such a hard time lately

Sonja - Congratulations on a great scan result. It's a wonderful milestone in the pregnancy, and you can start to relax a bit (well as much as you can with 3 children in the house).

Amum - The changes you are planning sound wonderful. You get to enjoy time with the whole family more, and the location is great. Good luck with the house sale

JFB - I know how you feel about the house. My house is over 100 years old, and everything was breaking down 2 years ago. I had only been in it for 3 years. All I wanted was a team from renovation rescue to come along and FIX everything once and for all. It didn't happen of course, and the most damage has been done to my bank account

Stella is 5.5mths old now, and still wakes during the night for a few feeds. So around 1am, 4 am, 7/8am. I tried to make her skip the 4am feed in the hope she will learn to sleep through a bit more, but she cried for an hour, slept for 40mins and then woke up crying again. It would have been easier to just feed her for 15mins, and have her go back to sleep straight away She is on some solids, but it's still early, so not a huge amount of food. Any wise words on babies sleeping through more? Is it just the luck of the draw? She is very healthy and strong otherwise, so I have nothing to complain about.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

Kismet  (17-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Millie I can give you the advice that's been given to me time and time again but you probably won't like it. The only way to stop them from waking for a feed is to stop giving the feed. Accept that you will get f-all sleep for a few nights and by the third night she should be getting the idea. I know it's sounds horrendous and it can be. Ultimately you will decide whether the pain of her waking is worse than the horrible few days you have to go through to get them out of the habit. I must say H wasn't too bad. He screamed for an hour the first night, half an hour the second night and slept through the third. I haven't fed him overnight since and for the last week he has slept through from 7pm til 6am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milli, agree with bk....we did same with ds and first night he ScREAMED for 1.5 hours..but we did it at about 9 months as he was bottle fed by then and our program said they should be able to sleep thru if they are eating solids well, after that it got easier but he really has only consistently slept reasonably well since he was about 2..he has always been very liable to wanting a bottle to sleep and regressed often when ill etc although now is quite a good sleeper. At 5.5 months, IMO if they dont sleep thru by themselves then i would just go with it...my dd is still waking 2-3 times at night....the time is coming when we will need to stop the feeds, as she is using it to settle but also she feeds more at night than day but as bk said ive put it off cos its easier and less stressful to just feed her and everyone can sleep plus she isnt that good at solids yet ( compared to ds who by this age would eat just about everything including quite a lot of mashed up food). I plan to get her to drop her first feed at 12 ish in the next few weeks...im dreading it as we have never really left her to cry yet for long and its quite taxing to stick yo your resolve when they cry for that long...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie, those hours sound similar to Indy's.
    We didn't do a lot of crying ... There was a little ... But in saying that, we are blessed with a REALLY good baby ...
    so here's what we did ...
    He goes to bed early ... 6pm and wakes around 10.30/11 for a feed & nappy change, if he doesn't wake I wake him and give him one ... So he has enough to get through the night.
    if I were you I'd try this later feed just before you go to bed and skip the 1am. She'll still want the 4am .....
    Then start pushing that out a bit, let her cry a bit ... (Remembering that it is for their benefit and part of our job as a parent is to help them ... And sometimes that involves tears.) that said ... We only did a bit of crying .... Lots of singing, shushing and patting here! LOTS!!

what we found was the main help, and I am not sure if you have anyone at home to help with this? But instead of me going in to resettle -my DH did. If I went in bubba just wanted the boobs, if DH goes in he knows there's nothin' !

we never take him out of the cot unless its feed time. So just resettling in the cot ... And this, to start with, was painful .... Sometimes this took an hour ... Could have fed him and been back to bed in 20 mins! But gradually the time reduced ... And it took, I reckon' 3 weeks of persistence and not caving in .... Which was tough but at least now he sleeps from 6pm wakes at 11ish, then not again until 6am. And we could make him sleep again then, but I'm getting up for work anyway ....
    We also offered him water in a bottle if he wouldn't settle, just in case he was thirsty...he'd drink a bit but not much, now he doesn't bother!

As a health nurse said to me, it's a commitment ... once you start you must fully commit to it! I think that's the hard, but important part, just being consistent ....
    OR it could be that we just did this at the perfect time ... That he was ready ... Because I do think kids ages, readiness and individuality matter. The sleep issue is the toughest one I reckon, and I feel so lucky I had a DH who was good and staying 'committed' to getting baby to sleep through ... I would often say 'it would be quicker just to feed him' .... But I am glad I didn't ..... Because of course, if you cave in, they'll keep expecting it!
    a lot of girls at my mothers group did sleep school and found it really helped and maybe this is an option for you if you don't have someone to help? Because it is tiring!
    good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Great advice Fiona. I did plenty of sleep school. Fantastic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja, congratulations. What a wonderful result, fantastic. I imagine it would be a great relief too. Good luck house hunting - will you need a bigger car too?

Amum, exciting times ahead for you! Hope house sale goes smoothly.

Kismet, thinking of you. Hope you're doing ok

Millie, can't beliieve Stella is nearly 6mths - where did the time go? Yiu've received lots of helpful advice here, so just popping a note to say, let me know if you want the slleep routine for a 6mth old I was given when I stayed at Mother Baby Unit for a week with A so she could learn to self settle. Best thing we ever did.

JFB, thanks for asking after me - I triggered last night so am off for EPU tomorow. So 'may' be PUPO early next week. I had one frostie left which we decided to use this cycle here in Melbourne and just for something different, I asked to do a more natural cycle and just collect the egg without all of the drugs. Hoping for quality over quantity - risky as I may get nothing, but hopefully frostie will pull through if egg does not fertilise. I have otherwise been flat chat getting everything set up and ready at home to start welcoming some more little ones in my home. Orientation on Monday and then I'm back to work as an Educator. Getting a bit excited
    Last edited by Alittleray; 15-02-2013 at 06:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Alittle - Good luck for your EPU....have everything crossed for you xx

Millie - I agree with all the girls...i rang a help line when i had trouble with Kade and they told me everything the girls have said and this..........your baby can cry for up to 10mins and it's ok...just as long as they pause every now and then so they aren't crying continuously......that's how i survived, he would cry then i would wait for him to pause then he would cry then pause then he learnt to resettle himself...it took about 4 days but he has been brilliant ever since....good luck, it is very stressful but it does pass and she will sleep.

Sonja -Excellent news on your growing bubba...I'm thinking another boy...love your ticker

Kismet - We have looked at a house at Banora Point - 10 mins from Tweed Heads...DH flew up yesterday and had a look, he loved it...and took pics....you can see the ocean from the bedroom windows........

Hello to everyone...hope you are having a great day

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - sounds like a dreamy house! I must say you are very brave up and leaving and making a sea change!!

Alittle - good luck for your EPU tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderfully juicy egg that fertilises fantastically for you. x

Millie- no other words of advice. Both my boys started to decrease their night wakings at about 7 months I think. It just seemed like a natural progression on our end and we just facilitated it by not getting up as soon as either of them woke and cried. Gave them a few minutes before going in. Oh, and DH was also the one who went in here as he didn't smell like food. I would agree with trying a dream feed to see if it will push Stella later into the morning for a feed. Even just waking once is wonderful, or even better if they wake at 6.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes we were told dream feed as well. I think we stopped at at about 8 months