Closed Thread
Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it just me or did anyone else have wayyyyy less patience settling the second baby...? i find I have very little patience this time, that i try for a bit but get frustrated much easily....i feel like a bad mom. I think its bf...i feel like ive done my bit etc.....' now get off me and sleep'...anyway i better harden up cos weve got some patterns to break...im really dreading it.

Kismet, sounds like dc dont have any worries about her. Is she still one day a week? How is your mum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB it's hard to remember but I do know I thought if I did everything differently second time around Scarlett would sleep. Didn't happen. She was worse than Lucy in that respect and I found that hard to accept.

But once I got over that I don't think I was less patient. I'm the sort of mother who has zero expectations in the first 12 months but after that I do get grumpy. Marc is 2 next month and I still get up to him most nights. Quick cuddle and he's back to sleep but I'm awake then for hours. I hate it. Particularly this week as DH is in Melbourne. Between non sleeping kids, insomnia and morning sickness I'm a bit at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

JFB. I wouldn't say I have less patience, if anything I reckon I've got more, but it is much more difficult settling baby with a toddler to entertain. That part is WAY more difficult. It's more like you have less time to spend settling because there is so much going on.

Well that said after a week of hard core resettling overnight Henry is finally sleeping through again. Yay!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done BK!

Indy has started crawling!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well done Indy! I love it when they start crawling Fiona. They seem so much happier being able to move around and explore. H is very close to walking too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja. U nailed it i think...last night i was awake for hours after e woke..its just so annoying isnt it. I just think im in a cranky headspace too right now....im going to buy some formula and start giving her little sips as i want to start weaning, im in no rush but for my sanity i think i need to start .hope u can get some rest.

counting down the days til summer ends...

well done Indy....now the next phase on fun starts! Lock all the drawers.

Nessie, how are u going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Sonja sorry I was at work the other day. Can I call you tomorrow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    No it's fine no need to call it was to do with your party invitations but I grabbed some while I was out.
    Last edited by Sonja; 09-02-2013 at 19:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - we saw a breast surgeon on Friday and he was quite confident mum's cancer hasn't spread beyond the breast as the tumors are only small & slow growing, he suggested options: a) do nothing b) can't operate, as it would more than likely kill her due to her lung disease & as he put it he doesn't want to knock her off and option c) he's recommended she goes on breast cancer drug, it's believed to be an oestrogen driven cancer depsite mum's age and having been through menopause, us women evidently still produce some oestrogen later in life, the drug will stop the hormones feeding the tumors so they shouldn't grow - well we hope they don't. She was happy with what he said bcs she'd made up her mind she didn't want surgery, chemo or radiation which weren't an option anyway. I was pretty happy with the prognosis under the circumstances too being at an early stage & not invasive. Now I just have to ensure mum remembers the medication! Mum's pretty hard to read how she is coping mentally but she seems a little relieved.
    How is your dad coping?

Sonja - I still think you're a super mum

BK - yay Henry!!

Fiona - Go Indi! look out house, it will never be the same again

OMG I really can't party anymore, had my 1st night out in 4 years last night & definately feeling it today

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet,
    So glad things sound ok for your mum. It's so scary hearing the word 'cancer' .... I'm glad hers seems to be manageable