Closed Thread
Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet, woohoooo for a potty sit! Well done Evie!!! Baby steps.... literally. Hopefully you'll see wees and poohs in that potty soon.

As for us, not much happening on the potty front. Have to confess, I am struggling to get motivated..... and to know where to start. We've got special toilet insert with step ladder to get up on the real toilet which she loves doing and she's happy to sit there, but has no idea what she's supposed to do or why she's there really, so I need to do some more reading and find some tips on how to get her to realise sitting on the toilet is about doing poohs and wees and not about playing with toilet paper and the flush button.

Fiona, oooo, I like the sound of the drive-in. Are you in Melbourne? Not sure where they have drive ins anymore, but DH won't go to the cinema cause he has a shocking noise sensitivity thing amd can't stand the sound of people rustling lolly wrappers and eating, so we never go. Drive in would be perfect. Enjoy you precious time with bubs before heading back to work . DH and I Skype alot and I send him lots of photos of what we get up to throughout the day. He'd love to be a SAHD.

JFB, no sign of AF - not really sure when it will arrive, but makng the most of the wait. Enjoying my Strongbows and Strawberry Champagne in the meantime. Your pooh and wee dramas with H is one of the main reasons I am struggling to get motivated witn TT. I'm not looking forward to cleaning accidents everywhere. We have alot of carpet in our home. Hope you manage to claw back some sleep soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MG - you must be exhausted after all that! I recently read on another forum that you can buy some sort of inserts for carseats to save them getting wet if you have a toddler that is insistant on not wearing nappies and probably wouldn't be able to hold on until you get home.

JFB - yay for E!!! she'll be running soon, hopefully to wear herself out and sleep all night ...I'm not looking forward to cleaning up poo off the carpeted floor or worse either, my mum told me a horror story today about finding my nephew smearing crap all over the walls one day

Well Evie managed to do her first wee on the potty at daycare today, albeit a tiny one...that would be right I missed out on the event. Apparently she likes her privacy, she wouldn't go until they shut the doors between the rooms were the potties and toilet are ...such a princess! However it was a different story back at home, I put her on the potty but she told me she didn't like it then wanted to get her nappy off later and sit on it for 5 seconds then promptly take herself into her bedroom and peed on the floor...might put the potty in there if she prefers her privacy...good grief what's she going to be like going in a public toilet, I always hated it so obviously she will take after me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - TMI warning: I've had to show Evie how I wee on the loo and let her flush the button, she's more interested in the paper too but says to me 'mummy's wees, mummy's toiley'. If she does a wee where ever it may be she gets pretty excited, it's messy but she's pretty funny.

grr..pop up adds are pi$$ing me off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - not TMI ... I do similar with Amberly - she comes into the toilet with me and flushes for me, but not sure no matter how many times I say mummy doing wee wees, that she has actually grasped it. She's too laid back. I think she'd happily stay in nappies til she's 4 if I let her. She's not in the slightest bit perplexed about being in a pooey or wet nappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I am now starting to think when I go to bed I will have TT nightmares
    It sounds awful!!!
    perhaps I'll start training now ... Or leave him in nappies til he's 8? Uggggghhhhh

alittle, yep we're in Melbourne ... It was great I think there are 3 drive ins in melb.
    coburg, dandenong & dromana.
    we go to dromana ... For us its Nice and quick on the new peninsula link!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Ha ha love the TT issues. Ash actually had a poo accident at CC yesterday, he had is pants down at the loo but managed to poo all over his pants, he did however miss his undies lol.
    Fiona i started Ash right on 22 months & have had it pretty easy, i personally think it makes it easier. Oneof my friends has done the sane & her little girl startedCC this week fully TT trained & had no accidents.

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer. We are off to the Gold Coast next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: I haven't tt H yet..the poo and wee was due to me taking his nappy off and forgetting about it ......bathing E. yes I read somewhere that 22 months is considered ideal...unfortunately that is exactly how old H was when E was born so no hope for him and none for a while..i just don't have the patience right now to TT so am leaving it for a few months.....sorry the site isn't letting me hit return again .........well I think ive hit the sahm cabin fever boredom wall.....im sooooooooooo bored right now....I so badly need a night out.....I actually want to get pi$$ed....im so jealous when ppl tell me there going out, or they are out at a classy restaurant having some wines etc.....no love there E is still on about 5 - 6 bf a day....think I will start cutting out the day feeds as she will be starting daycare in 2.5 months...........have fun Nessie at the gold coast

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I haven't had a real night out in 4 years , haven't missed getting hammered but sometimes miss the social aspect. I do have a hens party coming up (my nephew is getting married) I wasn't going to go bcs it's often hard to get a sitter for Evie but have got that sorted, Nessie has kindly offered to have Evie overnight thanks Ness! ...sooooo I'm now excited to be going out, now have to find something to wear, very disgusted that I don't look good in anything atm . Won't take much for me to be under the table in the drink stakes, I've just warmed up with one drink and feel rather ****y already, god once upon a time they barely hit the sides of my mouth. I am definately turned off by hangovers these days.
    Oh btw, you've mentioned Mascato? before, what is that like?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Well Ruby sat on the potty for about an hour watching tv this morning, I swear the minute she stood up and got off she peed. God knows how this TT thing works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Still in singapore having a great time with free wifi! Just wanted to pop in quickly on the whole TT thing. Having trained 2 kids I can honestly say potties didn't work for us. The girls just used them like a toy. I could count on one hand the actual number of wees done by both of them on one. I only really cracked it once they would actually have to use the toilet.

Just my 2 cents worth. I'm sure a lot of people have success with them but we never did.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (26-01-2013)