Closed Thread
Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1217
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

Amum. Yes we certainly are. Waiting for some deliveries now. To get all the updates make sure you click the 'show in newsfeed' in the drop down box.

I must say these poo stories are filling me with horror. On a good note though Ruby seems to have let go of the dummy without too much fuss. Yells for it when she's upset, but doesn't really expect to get it, just grieving I guess.

Well DH got up for H last night, and while I was still wide awake listening to the whole thing at least I wasn't up and down the stairs all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, I had to laugh at your earplug stash comment . We have an earplug stash in our house too, but DH uses them, not me and he never gets up to A through the night. Am I the only one who's DH just gets to sleep peacefully through any baby sleep disturbances? Hats off to those of you who have helpful hubbies.
    Must apologies too JFB... saw your thoughtful post inquiring as to where things were at with me and I have just not been online to respond. Am having the month off as Melbourne FS is off for 2 weeks and he wants to monitor my next cycle every step of the way. We will likely use our one and only frozen embie next cycle and incorporate it with a totally natural cycle, eg: no drugs, just collect the one solitary egg and then icsi - risky, but hoping if all goes well, we may get a better quality egg. Might give that two goes and then head back to Qld for one more go with Wazza.

BK, good on your DH for getting up and helping

Amum, what a good boy Kade is. That's wonderful that he's transitioned into his big bed so well.

Kismet, poor Evie with constipation and teething all at once. So precious just taking herself to bed.

Millie/Fiona, love reading posts like yours saying how much you love being a mum . Fiona, will you have to go back full time or part time?

BK, I'm with you, the poo stories are terrifying me. MG, hope things improve on the poo front . I've just invested in a toilet training package which will be sent out to me in the next two weeks. I'm not suggesting I subscribe to the theory, but it suggests it's much easier to get toilet training in before they turn 2 than after, so I've got a 2 month window. Will be interesting to see if their technique works as well as they claim.

Nessie, how are you?... and hello to anyone I've missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep....I was already scared after my friend started tt her ds at 22 months....the poo in the undie thing went on forever and he would wee when out too...it sounded so awfullllll....I feel for u mg and amum.

alittle, good luck....does ur dh just sleep thru crying etc?

Good one bk.....it's hard.

The stupid lawn mower guy woke me this morning....the day before it was the Garbo who has always come at 4.40am.....that is just plain nasty. There all men of course who all prob have wives who have been up all night while they slept soundly and then leap outta bed at 6 am saying gee I'm tired I only got 7 hours sleep....douchebags....

does anyone shop at aldi? I'm looking for some cheaper brand nappies..I've always used Huggies, tried baby love once and was horrified.....I went there to buy squishy kids yoghurt s on sale the other day and friggin half of them have been off....so it has turned me off trying their nappies but maybe someone can vouch for a cheaper brand as we will be on one wage so will be rather povo for a few months....
    Last edited by jfblady72; 15-01-2013 at 17:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My 35+ PG Buddies #10

I've heard other posters on nappy threads vouch for aldi nappies. We don't have aldi in SA sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - Where do i click...which drop down box???? Sorry im being stupid i know..

Jfb - Kade wears the aldi nappies, he used to wear the aldi nappies thru the day and huggies at night but now i just put an aldi nappy on him at night and they are great...i shop there allll the time now...sooooooooooooo cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle, I will be going back 4 days .... I wish it were less, but complicated issues at work mean its in my best interest to do 4 days.
    Beautiful Indy will be in good hands though, staying home with his daddy ... What an adventure that will be! Not sure who will cry more me or DH ... Anyway DH is fantastic with him, although I am sure 4 days will be tough for him ...
    we'll see how we all cope.
    my plan is to see this year through and then either next year or the year after take some more time off.... As I said we'll see how we go.
    i just know I am going to miss seeing that beautiful boy all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    fiona good luck going back to work. It's never easy no matter what age they are.

Kel - how do I find your stuff online???

Alittle - glad to hear you'll soon be back on the horse. I really hope this is the one.

JFB I used Aldi for Lucy but found they leaked a lot. I could never use them overnight for her. Having said that i know a lot of people who swear by them. Definitely worth trying - it's one of the things they are famous for. There's no Aldi in WA so I haven't tried them again.

Scarlett still has accidents in her pants - and she's been TT'd for a year . Seriously, I am so over cleaning poo it's ridiculous.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (16-01-2013),fionaalice  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used aldi nappies for a while, they are much cheaper but we had a few leaks as well, enough to make it a PITA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona, that will be tough for you, but so wonderful that you have hubby at home caring for bubs. That takes so much stress out of having to go back to work knowing bubs is with hubby rather than at a childcare centre.

JFB, i've been using Comfy Bots from Coles for a while now. Cheap and great. They work out at about 27c a nappy. I used Aldi ones over a year ago now and they were fine, but I found they had an unusual smell once full with wees that was just offputting for me.... but I have a highly sensitive sense of smell. As for Aldi shopping.... love it! i do my main grocery shope there now and pay close to half of what I was paying at Coles. I only shop at Coles now for the things I could not get at Aldi.
    As for DH, yes he sleeps through everything because he has his earplugs in! He is as bad as a baby with the amount of sleep he needs and is a grump if he doesn't get it, so I'd be too frightened to wake him to sort out A. I'm just lucky that she usually sleeps well most of the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone raves about aldi...but seriously they dont seem to have the stuff I use...I am a bit snobby tho when it comes to food....I will try again.
    Ok I might try comfy bots...I really like Huggies tho..never had a problem with them...
    fiona, love to hear how ur dh goes with ds!