DD is 2 years 2 months and I have been working on toilet training her for the last couple of months. It's been a bit 3 steps forward 2 steps back, but we were getting there finally.

She has been at the point where she was essentially dry during the day, even nap times, using the potty. I've tried now twice to switch to full-time use of the toilet (with a toddler step insert thing), but both times she has regressed and started having lots of accidents again.

Strangely she does not object at all to the toilet, she will go #1 and #2 on the toilet, she's never refused, and I try to give her the option (eg do you want toilet or potty? - she usually says 'yes' so I just try the toilet and then if nothing happens try the potty). She even asks for the toilet specifically sometimes. It's only if I stop offering the potty or put her straight on the toilet when she needs to go that she has trouble.

I don't know what's going on?!?! Emptying the potty is a bit of a drag, but it's OK, it's more for outings I want her to be confident on the toilet.

Ideas? I'm flummoxed.