+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    I never thought of soy, I'll get some tomorrow and give it ago
    Definitely give it a try. It could possibly be the issue? The "So Good" brand is the best tasting soy milk in my opinion and I find it really handy because you can buy bulk amounts and keep them in the cupboard until you need them!

Let me know how she goes anyway! Poor poppet!! Good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marriedtotheman For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marriedtotheman View Post
    Definitely give it a try. It could possibly be the issue? The "So Good" brand is the best tasting soy milk in my opinion and I find it really handy because you can buy bulk amounts and keep them in the cupboard until you need them!

Let me know how she goes anyway! Poor poppet!! Good luck.
    Cool thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD (almost 3) had one about 6 months ago. The tech was amazing!! She was showing her the "rainbows" in her belly and telling her what everything is. She even let her use the machine. Then printed her some photos to show her friends at playgroup and burnt a cd.

We took her iPod as back up but didn't need it.

We made out that she was so "lucky" and "special" to be getting photos of her belly!! So she was a bit excited before even going in. She did get a bit scared at first but the tech really was amazing.

Good luck.
    Last edited by waterlily; 02-08-2012 at 07:24.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My DS didn't have an ultrasound but he has had an xray to see how constipated he was. He was very brave after I told him he had to lie very still and not move.

I wasn't even allowed to hold his hand. I had to stand behind the wall with the guy doing it and watch DS lie naked on the table under this huge xray machine. I wish it had been an ultrasound.

Ask your doctor about movicol half. It helped DS so much and now he's back to normal. He was so backed up and he had a few fissures which made him not want to go either. It doesn't taste very nice so we had to make a game out of drinking it and tried mixing it with everything. Eventually he realised with our help that it was making his tummy feel better so he liked it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was a very very young girl. From about 2 or just before until around 5. I had several ultrasounds and xrays. Still remember the giant old machines they used to use. Apparently I was always very well behaved. You'd be amazed at how kids can behave in times like this.

DD only a short while back had to stand, drenched still on a chair and have a machine xray her intestines for blockages. She isn't even a year and I was surprised at how behaved she was.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just gave her some soy milk. At first she said yuck an have it back... So then I put half water in it and now apparently its fine. Guess we will see if the milk was the cause of her issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    Just gave her some soy milk. At first she said yuck an have it back... So then I put half water in it and now apparently its fine. Guess we will see if the milk was the cause of her issues.
    I know this is frowned upon by some but to get DD drinking her soy milk I made her a smoothie every time. A banana or strawberry or both then slowly added less and less flavor till it was straight milk. She still gets her smoothies too but now she likes the flavor of her milk as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (03-08-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just be careful with soy. My sister is allergic to dairy and started using soy for everything.
    She actually ended up sick because of it, there's something in soy that some people react to if they're over exposed.

No need to panic, just keep an eye on how much soy product she's consuming. A cup or two a day should be fine but it's worth mentioning to your doc if she gets unexplained illness regularly .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Just be careful with soy. My sister is allergic to dairy and started using soy for everything.
    She actually ended up sick because of it, there's something in soy that some people react to if they're over exposed.

No need to panic, just keep an eye on how much soy product she's consuming. A cup or two a day should be fine but it's worth mentioning to your doc if she gets unexplained illness regularly .
    This could happen with any food alternative? It's like saying I'm allergic to wheatgerm so I only eat rye - but don't eat too much rye as you might get sick. There's no reason necessary to scare people!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marriedtotheman For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (03-08-2012)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had to have an X-ray to check for constipation and it was a nightmare - she didnt do very well at all.
    She's off all cows milk / dairy and wheat and is doing a lot better but it was hell for a while there.
    I don't use soy in this house as I am diary free too and that still affects me. If that doesn't work maybe try a rice / oat milk.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (03-08-2012)