+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ultra sound on a 2 yr old

My poor dd is still struggling to poop. She screams the place Down an pushes so hard she makes her self
    Sick. We have changed her diet and tried many things to help the poo come out. This has now been going on for 2-3 months and the doctor after many visits thinks its time for a ultra sound. She is booked in next wed but I'm freaking out that she is going to freak out. Has anyone had to have a ultra sound on their brave 2 yr olds??? If so can you tell me how it went?? Thanks guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh your poor DD! My DS (also 2) has an ultrasound every few months for a few health related issues. They deal with it surprisingly well. My advice would be to take things that will distract her (I give DS my iPhone and let him play with it). Any toys / food / portable dvd player, that will distract her while they are doing the ultrasound will be a great help. Hope this helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to elle84 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (01-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor little thing!! just a question - does your DD drink cows milk? Because my daughter has an intolerance to dairy and it has the opposite effect of lactose intolerance. So whenever she drinks cows milk or eats cheese, has yoghurt etc she gets constipated. If the body can't process it it will just turn into a big lump!

Unfortunately I can't help with the ultrasound question!! Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marriedtotheman For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marriedtotheman View Post
    Poor little thing!! just a question - does your DD drink cows milk? Because my daughter has an intolerance to dairy and it has the opposite effect of lactose intolerance. So whenever she drinks cows milk or eats cheese, has yoghurt etc she gets constipated. If the body can't process it it will just turn into a big lump!

She is obsessed with milk. Iv been watering it down tho so a quarter is milk the rest water. Iv tried cold turkey and it dosnt work and she won't drink anything else when her mind is made up.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    About 2 months ago my DD (then 16/17 months) had to have 3 USs on her tummy due to interseseptions (telescoping of the intestines - can be fatal!). They were done at the Mater Children's Hospital in Brisbane (Public) and my DD was fine with it. Take some toys to distract her. In one room they had a disco ball hanging from the ceiling and put it on which was a great distration. There were also lots of pictures and toys that I could show her to distract her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was the same at that age!! Have you tried her on the regular so good soy? It's the only thing my girl would take other than actual cows milk.

I feel for you because I know exactly how you feel right now! As soon as my DD even has one sip of cows milk now she will be blocked for a couple of days. I give her heaps of pear juice if it happens with Metamucil capsules in the bottom and seems to move things on a little. Licorice is also a good bowel mover but little ones usually won't eat that!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marriedtotheman For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was the same at that age!! Have you tried her on the regular so good soy? It's the only thing my girl would take other than actual cows milk.

I feel for you because I know exactly how you feel right now! As soon as my DD even has one sip of cows milk now she will be blocked for a couple of days. I give her heaps of pear juice if it happens with Metamucil capsules in the bottom and seems to move things on a little. Licorice is also a good bowel mover but little ones usually won't eat that!!
    I never thought of soy, I'll get some tomorrow and give it ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, have had to do that with my son. Ultrasounds are not a hassle at all. Hope you get answers.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennybaby For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Same as my dd. She was constipated til about 12 months when we took her off formula and she was only having 1 cup of milk each morning.
    Her paediatrition then suggested that she may have had an intolerance to lactose or dairy that had been causing all the problems
    Might have helped if he'd looked further into it while it was happening..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (02-08-2012)